Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many players are going to playing Classic on launch do you think?

Will we be able to see numbers eventually? Will Blizzard report on that or is it something that we will have to guage ourselves. I am curious as to what they will be and I am hoping we have a solid base for years to come.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

I don't think they will reveal any numbers, because by keeping the numbers hidden and showing that so many servers are full will create so much more hype than blatantly saying how many people will be playing.

Enough that servers will break most likely, i wouldnt doubt if theres severe latency issues, maybe a ddossing asshat or two as well, but im hoping for the best.

400k is my estimate. What is it now, 12-14 realms in each region, 10-12k in each in average.

I doubt they'd release numbers. The best we'll get is a look at the dollar value of services which they might attribute to Classic.

What they're going to be looking at though is how many people are still playing Classic 30 days after launch. 90 days. 180 days. Etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    400k is my estimate. What is it now, 12-14 realms in each region, 10-12k in each in average.
    there's way more then 10k on average

Launch? Over 500k, maybe even more. It's going to be insane.

That said, that number will vastly be reduced after a couple of months, hell, even weeks. I'd say we'll get a stable 50-100k number on the long run, but most will be tourists at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqaroph View Post
    there's way more then 10k on average
    Remember those new servers won't have lots more new players on them, more like people moved from the full ones to the new ones. So not really.

Some where between one and a billion is my guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty enough to have a good time with!

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Plenty enough to have a good time with!
    5 hr que here we come

Remember those new servers won't have lots more new players on them, more like people moved from the full ones to the new ones. So not really.
    Each layer has 10k+ players, and realms have multiple layers.

85478 players
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Each layer has 10k+ players, and realms have multiple layers.
    Where did they say that? Only thing I've seen is that one of the servers might get 10k players in queue, if that's the case having 100k on one server is kinda far fetched. They are making it so it exceeds the server capacity by a lot, saying there are multiple layers of 10k and each servers have multiple layers doesn't seem right. But by all means, show me and I'll believe it.

Still, making new servers doesn't automatically mean there are so many new players joining in, it's the same people, just more spread.

Found it:
    Each new glass is a new layer that consists of two to three thousand players — which means any single server could handle tens of thousands of players at the same time but without all of them being crowded into the same place in-game. The only way to see players from another layer is to group up with them —otherwise they don’t interact.

2-3k is far from 10k tho :P
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-08-23 at 04:31 PM.

most people still need to sub, so you can atleast dubbel the current amount of players already. 10k average is low

Quote Originally Posted by Taqaroph View Post
    most people still need to sub, so you can atleast dubbel the current amount of players already. 10k average is low
    Most of the players that will play classic is most likely those who already play retail, so doubt it.

Where did they say that? Only thing I've seen is that one of the servers might get 10k players in queue, if that's the case having 100k on one server is kinda far fetched. They are making it so it exceeds the server capacity by a lot, saying there are multiple layers of 10k and each servers have multiple layers doesn't seem right. But by all means, show me and I'll believe it.

Still, making new servers doesn't automatically mean there are so many new players joining in, it's the same people, just more spread.
    Lmao. Server capacity is far higher than you think. Layering allows them to keep realms filled up, by allowing them to remove layers as the "tourists" leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Lmao. Server capacity is far higher than you think. Layering allows them to keep realms filled up, by allowing them to remove layers as the "tourists" leave.
    Each new glass is a new layer that consists of two to three thousand players — which means any single server could handle tens of thousands of players at the same time but without all of them being crowded into the same place in-game. The only way to see players from another layer is to group up with them —otherwise they don’t interact.

2-3k, not 10k+. Lmao indeed.

2-3k, not 10k+. Lmao indeed.
    Realm caps (full server) in late Vanilla was 5k players. Blizzard has already stated that a full Vanilla server would be considered "Low" pop by Classic's metrics.

Most of the players that will play classic is most likely those who already play retail, so doubt it.
    most of the players who will play is people who are coming from quitting retail previous expansions. personal anecdote 13 out of my group of 15 are people who are coming back from quitting retail, and i have seen numerous forum posts across the internet from people who are in the same boat. also polls on classic subreddit show that more than 50% who will play are people who are not subbed yet. The masses are coming monday
    Last edited by Taqaroph; 2019-08-23 at 04:43 PM.