Thread: Best Healer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by treN- View Post
    Shamans can spam purge druid HoTs
    Priest can dispel things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post

fear ward was over rated i'd still take the 10% reputation gains for being human, eventually all priests were given it and today it doesn't exist anymore. if your warriors/tanks aren't terrible they should be able to avoid every fear with berserker rage. making fear ward largely useful for stopping yourself being feared. for example if i had fear ward and I was doing onyxia, i'd fear ward myself, not the tank. priests were likely the primary target for innervates. I think we almost had 1 priest per group in those days 6-7 priests, 4-5 palas 2-4 druids. was likely our mix. with one person from each class using an offspec if there were too many healers.
    Well vanilla was a long time ago and maybe i was a shit player but absolutely false- magmadar (although you can do it without) fears so much that we used two tanks, one ran outside of fear range when he did the first fear then we just traded rages- onyxia most certainly cannot be raged every CD- i distinctly remember being feared during nefarian (again i might be bad). and without too much thought-- bug family- definitely couldn't rage everyone of those or maybe it was on a random timer, either way fear ward is not overrated.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

you can avoid 1 fear every 3 minutes. over rated when it was given to all priests the cd was lowered to maybe 1-2minutes, then it wasn't so bad.

you aren't going to avoid many fears with a buff that has a 3 minute cd. if the boss fears more often than a warrior can rage, fear ward on a 3 minute cooldown isn't going to help much either. berserker rage 30 second cooldown, fear ward 3 minute cooldown. its just not that integral to defeating bosses. it might help but for example, on onyxia you could fear ward yourself, and absorb the first fear and dispell maybe 1 or 2 ppl, but you aren't going to be able to avoid another fear until maybe phase 3. its not like you can spam it, you might get to use it 3 times on one boss assuming the fight goes on for 10 minutes.

again the 10% reputation gains is likely the best racial, because you get to exalted faster than everyone else. and you have to grind less, which is always nice. especially if you're a class that doesn't grind so well.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-24 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by treN- View Post
    note: Horde druids have an advantage over alliance druids in PvP since Shamans can spam purge druid HoTs
    That's why you spam rank 1 hot to trick them to purge everything, they will be oom in a few seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

you can avoid 1 fear every 3 minutes. over rated when it was given to all priests the cd was lowered to maybe 1-2minutes, then it wasn't so bad.

you aren't going to avoid many fears with a buff that has a 3 minute cd. if the boss fears more often than a warrior can rage, fear ward on a 3 minute cooldown isn't going to help much either. berserker rage 30 second cooldown, fear ward 3 minute cooldown. its just not that integral to defeating bosses. it might help but for example, on onyxia you could fear ward yourself, and absorb the first fear and dispell maybe 1 or 2 ppl, but you aren't going to be able to avoid another fear until maybe phase 3. its not like you can spam it, you might get to use it 3 times on one boss assuming the fight goes on for 10 minutes.
    Fearward is a 30sec cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post

Fearward is a 30sec cooldown
    might wanna check that bud.

https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Fear_Ward

apparently it didn't change in tbc, the cd was still 3minutes but iirc there wasn't many bosses that actually feared in tbc, the only one that comes to mind is kael'thas adds maybe one of his adds did a fear and fear ward helped there. all the other fears, the fears on lady vashj adds you're supposed to avoid. I suppose you could drop a fear ward on the fearing warlock, there wasn't that many fears in tbc from what i remember even if all priests had fear ward at that point. even on nightbane tremor totem > fear ward.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-24 at 06:28 AM.

PvP: Paladin
    PvE: Paladin

A lot of spells =/= good healer. Good mana efficiency on healing spells, easy cleanse (magic, disease, poison) at a low cost = good healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Pretty much this. I'd also add totem utility to shamans.

By god shamans were fucking AMAZING in Vanilla.
    Except they were locked to the worst faction. It makes me sad, but I suppose I'll wait until they release TBC realms to play my beloved CH-spammer.

might wanna check that bud.

https://vanilla-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Fear_Ward

apparently it didn't change in tbc, the cd was still 3minutes but iirc there wasn't many bosses that actually feared in tbc, the only one that comes to mind is kael'thas adds maybe one of his adds did a fear and fear ward helped there. all the other fears, the fears on lady vashj adds you're supposed to avoid. I suppose you could drop a fear ward on the fearing warlock, there wasn't that many fears in tbc from what i remember even if all priests had fear ward at that point. even on nightbane tremor totem > fear ward.
    What is this then
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.3.0
    [Fear Ward] is now available to all priests at level 20. Duration reduced to 3 minutes, cooldown increased to 3 minutes.

I just don't remember it having a really short cd, then again, I've always been a human priest, so by the time I got fear ward, it had a 3 minute cd. I feel like it had a shorter cd in wrath but i might just be imagining things.

regardless, I wouldn't make a priest a dwarf just for fear ward, it just isn't the be all end all. you can kill bosses that fear without fear ward. the bosses just aren't going to do anything nasty while you're feared, its unlikely that during those few seconds of being feared a wipe will happen, as the game just doesn't force you to be that quick, its not like today where you'd have to every man and regain control asap before someone get slain by a one tap, you can take a fear and survive no one is gunna die to a flurry of damage or another ability that comes in while you're feared. you get feared, it wears off you carry on. the fears were tame.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-24 at 06:42 AM.

again the 10% reputation gains is likely the best racial, because you get to exalted faster than everyone else. and you have to grind less, which is always nice. especially if you're a class that doesn't grind so well.
    First, FW had a five minute duration and a 30 second cooldown in Vanilla. Stance dancing was a thing, but any Alliance raid worth anything had multiple Dwarf Priests to keep FW up on the MT. If you were using it on yourself during Onyxia, either you had it well into the farm stage, you had multiple Dwarf Priests and one of the others was putting it on the MT, or you were just needlessly giving your MT extra stress. Why make the MT stance dance and take the chance of a crit while he’s in ‘zerk stance?

Second, Exalted rep in Vanilla was of limited usefulness. The only things rep did in Vanilla was discounts (honored ONLY), other racial mounts (exalted with that race), select profession recipes from Thorium Bros, head enchants from Zandalari, and an easier path to Naxx with Argent Dawn rep. Generally the ones that mattered were easy enough to not need to sacrifice a preferred race to get there 10% faster.

aye but ofc i'd be thinking long term, not just vanilla, if you plan on playing a class for years, the time saved from that rep gain, adds up. tbc had better rep grinds, I think i got exalted with most of them, netherwing grind was less painful for me. I think AQ40 reputation is important if you want t2.5.

I remember grinding to exalted or revered with the cenarion circle, farming those twilight cultists for weeks as a priest was something i'd rather not do again. there was a mini set from aq20, i think I had 2 pieces of that. that was tied to rep.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Fine...nfinite_Wisdom

i had bene by the time that came in so i didn't bother going for the mace.

I think we had 2-3 dwarf priests one of them was likely shadow throughout, though we had maybe 7-8 priests in total, likely not all of them raided all the time, we had maybe 6-7 priests most raids. I'm just saying that you probably don't need to stack 5-6 dwarf priests to kill bosses that fear, it just isn't as important as ppl seem to make it out to be. you aren't going to die during a fear assuming you were standing in a good place ofc. the only things you have to watch out for on onyxia are the face and tail, so long as you don't get feared into either of those you probably won't die. but most ppl are going to get feared anyway.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-24 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    Full T3 Paladin is on a whole another level, cause Cleanse becomes an instant cast heal
    Full T3 Paladin is at least 2 years away and belongs to maybe 1% of the player base or let’s say 10% in Classic instead of Vanilla’s percentile. I don’t think this example is very helpful for the overall topic, even if the outcome is true and answers the question.

I don’t recall how good Tranquility in Classic was but isn’t it the only “Oh-Shit” healing CD next to Rebirth in Classic and exclusive to Druids? I mean it heals only your group I think but still. Divine Hymn, Healing Flood Totem all came later.

If my memories serve me right Priest was always considered the best healer in Classic and the most desired one. Fearward was incredibly useful for many fights and didn’t have a 3min CD back in Vanilla. And Priests had the advantage that itemization was very good due to Int/Will being the main stat and all light amor was dedicated towards that which wasn’t the case for any other armor type.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-08-24 at 09:56 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Dwarf Priest is the best class period for the first few tiers due to fear ward. Priests are on top hps wise for most of vanilla. Shaman and Pallies are also mandatory though due to totems/auras. Windfury is extremely strong in classic. Druid were kinda bottom tier because they didn't bring the utility of shaman/pallies or the hps of priests.
    Innervate says hello.

Priest 1 in raids? Holy paladin was great also, druid wasnt bad, at raid healing shamans Excels because of chainheal. Rlly every healer is unique and very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    In TBC yeah, that was great!
    our mage group used to bitch it wasn't fair that melee got the lusts cycled into our group and they didn't.

thats because the melee group did more dps without lust than the mage group did with lust. math bros...

Quote Originally Posted by karrad View Post
    our mage group used to bitch it wasn't fair that melee got the lusts cycled into our group and they didn't.

thats because the melee group did more dps without lust than the mage group did with lust. math bros...
    I was macro hunter and we were two macro hunters + different melee and we rotated shamans in between. That was some damage our group could dish out, good times ^^

Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    That's why you spam rank 1 hot to trick them to purge everything, they will be oom in a few seconds.
    Is that before or after they 2 shot you with WF ? :P