So how will they pull of MCU after setting up Spider-man as a forefront character to follow on Tony's footsteps... and now they can't use him anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So how will they pull of MCU after setting up Spider-man as a forefront character to follow on Tony's footsteps... and now they can't use him anymore?
    MCU will be fine without Spider-man, if it turns out he's really no longer part of it.

He's a terrible Stark successor anyway, which made little sense other than for making a good development arc in Far From Home.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    MCU will be fine without Spider-man, if it turns out he's really no longer part of it.

He's a terrible Stark successor anyway, which made little sense other than for making a good development arc in Far From Home.
    They played up the Stark and Parker relationship pretty heavily, it made perfect sense given civil war, homecoming, infinity war, Endgame and far from home, you know the only movies Spider-man was in. They even threw in the hug in endgame, a call back to homecoming when Peter thinks Tony is going to hug him but is just getting the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They played up the Stark and Parker relationship pretty heavily, it made perfect sense given civil war, homecoming, infinity war, Endgame and far from home, you know the only movies Spider-man was in. They even threw in the hug in endgame, a call back to homecoming when Peter thinks Tony is going to hug him but is just getting the door.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the Stark-Peter relationship was great. And I liked most of what they did with it in Far From Home. Fundamentally, however, the only plausible conclusion would be for someone who's not a teenager to step into the Stark "role". I could see Peter eventually building up to something like that, but he's got a long way to go in this incarnation of the character.

Honestly, I don't think anyone really needs to fill Stark's shoes beyond there being a really smart person on whatever the next Avengers team ends up being.

Man, this honestly kills a good deal of the interest i had left in the MCU after Ironman and Captain America left. The only character left i even really care about is Dr. Strange. Really hope they manage to keep spiderman around
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2019-08-21 at 03:25 AM.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. All the Marvel fare announced for Disney+ so far has the MCU cast starring in them.
    I'm not sure if you got my point. I was saying that going Disney+ will diminish the chances of X-Men movies.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good, glad someone isnt just rolling over to Disney so they can rule the world.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think we could see them introduce plot lines and characters in the Disney+ shows just to force you to subscribe.
    They can get away with that in North America but if it negatively impacts movie box office elsewhere because the audiences haven't seen Disney+ its a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Good, glad someone isnt just rolling over to Disney so they can rule the world.
    Finally someone with some sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    I'm not sure if you got my point. I was saying that going Disney+ will diminish the chances of X-Men movies.
    I got it at a high level, but misinterpreted your underlying conclusion.

I thought you meant they'd cast silver screen actors for the roles and then wouldn't use them in movies, hence diminish the chances of X-Men movies.

You're just working on the concern that if they do a show on Disney+ they would have less incentive to make X-Men films in the first place.

Personally, I think Disney is gearing up to do something we haven't really seen before - jump back and forth between the two mediums. Regardless, as long as we get good X-Men stuff, I'll accept however they choose to disseminate it.

I got it at a high level, but misinterpreted your underlying conclusion.

I thought you meant they'd cast silver screen actors for the roles and then wouldn't use them in movies, hence diminish the chances of X-Men movies.

You're just working on the concern that if they do a show on Disney+ they would have less incentive to make X-Men films in the first place.
    No so much incentive as it makes the mechanics unwieldy. See below.

Personally, I think Disney is gearing up to do something we haven't really seen before - jump back and forth between the two mediums. Regardless, as long as we get good X-Men stuff, I'll accept however they choose to disseminate it.
    The problem I see is simply that Disney+ won't be all that widespread outside of North America for quite some time. Further what's cheap to us in the US is not necessarily cheap in other countries. If you start something on Disney + and then expect the vast majority of your foreign movie audience to have seen it you are going to be sadly disappointed.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2019-08-22 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, who asked for Ms Marvel?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Well, who asked for Ms Marvel?
    Same racists/bigots demanding Miles be included.

Discussing Forbidden topics isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-08-24 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moon Knight and She-Hulk also confirmed.

Moon Knight and She-Hulk also confirmed.
    Why wouldn't Marvel turn those two into Phase 4 films? They're more exciting than Thor 4: Love and Thunder or Shang-chi.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Same racists/bigots demanding Miles be included.
    The most backwards sentence I've read today award goes to...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Why wouldn't Marvel turn those two into Phase 4 films? They're more exciting than Thor 4: Love and Thunder or Shang-chi.
    The answer to that boils down to what allows for better story telling, a series or a movie?

There's pros and cons for both.

The answer to that boils down to what allows for better story telling, a series or a movie?

I've seen other suggest that we might see them use Disney+ as a test bed before doing things on the big screen.

True, The Flash and Arrow are prime examples of superior story-telling and world-building than to a movie, but until now, MCU has been sleeping on its TV series. Marvel's Agents of Shield and Agent Carter were pretty irrelevant whereas the TV DCU is pretty epic with annual crossover events. I'm not even sure if Nick Cage/Punisher/Daredevil were part of MCU canon, they were never even acknowledged. I know Disney must be planning big for its Disney+ streaming service so let's see how good these shows actually end up being, starting with Loki and Falcon & Winter Soldier.

7+ Year Old Account
    ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Kit Harington To Join The Marvel Cinematic Universe
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/kit-har...es-1202703013/