Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wait. Didnt classic lovers long for the days when you had to manually look for people, spamming trade chat and making friends? LFG Addon goes completely against that.

Yet again you people prove how this project is a failure, you never wanted the classic experience to begin with, you just got blinded by your rose-colored glasses. I cant wait to see where this classic will be after 6 months, probably close to abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, it's one of the arguments that never felt logical to me. How can a community be "tight-knit" and "strong" but still needs to be protected from certain outside addons that threaten to "destroy" it? Addons that just aimed to streamline some features of WoW to help some people. I mean, it's not like the addon could invite people from other servers to your Maraudon group, so how would it "ruin the community aspect" of Classic? At least, I don't think cross-realm grouping is available for Classic. Could be wrong, though.
    No, no cross-realm anything, it's all about the fabled realm-community!

A community so solid and tight-knit that any threat to it (Real or otherwise) must be eliminated at any cost!

I am seriously (Not intending to troll) interested in how many people nowadays will put up with spending ages standing around town (Getting help for especially L40-range dungeons from guilds was pretty tough too), finding that tank or healer for a dungeon run, sure it worked back then, but gaming and the gamers themselves have changed over the past 15 years...

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks MMO-Champion... 27 is my birthday and you set a countdown for that ^^

So happy to see that most Dutchies will rolll on Mirage Raceway, might make it a lot easier to grow my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    It absolutely N E V E R took this long. At most, 30 minutes. About the same wait filling up M+ on terrible keys.
    Maybe as a tank or healer. As a dps, many nights I never got in on a single run. Weekends were better, but midweek, forget it.

A lot of classic discussion has a lot of gaslighting involved. Classic will be what it is, but trying to negate or deny people's experiences serves no purpose. (And no, I wasn't on a dead realm, I was on an original 20 high pop realm.)

Suck it up and type on trade channel your class,role, dps and desired dungeon. Fuck addons, go play live for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Looking for people for dungeons is not going to be a fun experience.
    It was actually fun and engaging. You had to keep reputation on server. People knew who blacklisted ones are. So you actually couldn't join, leech or leave or act like a jerk like you can in last couple expacs.

I just wish EU realms had option like there is here in China. You MUST input your real-name info and id card when making account. It takes out all the toxicity from games and people are actually being careful what are they typing in online games.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    People not realizing (not you sensible bro's and sisters, but the QOL crowd) that investing time and energy into finding a group, thus raising the value of dungeons and dungeon gear by not making it insta-spammable content accessible at the click of a button, is the character progression that people crave from the original game.

Imagine having to invest time and energy and reaping the reward with the potential for strong item drops only found in dungeons, making the difference between you being able to handle a single mob or two mobs at the same time out in the open world once the dungeon run has concluded. It almost sounds like an RPG doesn't it?

LFG QOL ragers stay mad, the classic family at large welcomes this stance by Blizzard
    I think the bolded part is something the classic haters have to consider. Playing vanilla, to reach the end game, was a commitment. The whole "second job" thing. Some players want that. And they should get it - we did. That's the whole point of classic to me.

No clue how big this community will end up being, but I get why they're looking forward to it. A (hopefully) small part of the classic crowd are the kind drooling at the idea of gatekeeping content and standing on the Ironforge bridge pretending to be an "inspiration", but that's their fantasy to waste time on. IF the classic servers bring in a good flow of people at all levels, it could succeed. Personally, I'm thinking it will flow with the content on the retails servers - when content is near it's end, more people will go over to classic, when patches drop, they'll go back to retail and play the patch. I'm just laughing at both ends of this debate - the "You'll be sowwy!" classic players that have entirely too much invested in it emotionally, and the other end, with the people who want it to fail...to prove...what? A lot of people played and quit for the same reasons the first time, they will again. But it's for them to decide. Considering it's included in the sub, I think that alone will bring in a steady flow of players, curiosity alone could drive a LOT of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spamming LF Tank in public chat channels isn't the part I miss about the good old days. I can somewhat buy the argument that this made people form communities in order to avoid, though.

Realistically what will happen is that this LFG-tool will be re-imagined into a web-app that you keep open in your browser and tab to, Imagine you visit say "classicgro.up", enter your realm, link your char profile and then start listing as usual.

I'll give it 6 months and then I expect such a tool to exist and become widespread.

Any Classic Private servers coming up? (EU if possible)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Just another classic example of people thinking they want the Vanilla experience but they really don't. There was no LFG addon/tool in Vanilla there shouldn't be anything resembling it in Classic. Period. Use trade, LFG, and guild chat like people did in Vanilla. Don't like it? You don't want Classic. You think you do, but you don't. Too bad.
    There was an "LFG" called group finder (IT wasnt an addon, it was a feature made by blizz). You could que up to 3 activity (raid, dungeons, group quests). Even had automatch function.

While it was added in end of Vanilla, there was one.

BTW you could just make an LFG named global chat where people join if they want to group up, so they dont spam general and trade chat.

Much brain
    Last edited by Metamorpheus; 2019-08-24 at 10:29 AM.

Love that blizzard doesn't allow this type of addons!

I know there will be sites and such instead but just like Openraid (which was awesome) , it's far less popular than an in game easy to use feature that kills all communication and encourages people to become brain dead zombies. Even in Openraid you had 95% great people with awesome attitude and had to communicate. Good job Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorpheus View Post
    Any Classic Private servers coming up? (EU if possible)

- - - Updated - - -

There was an "LFG" called group finder (IT wasnt an addon, it was a feature made by blizz). You could que up to 3 activity (raid, dungeons, group quests). Even had automatch function.

While it was added in end of Vanilla, there was one.

BTW you could just make an LFG named global chat where people join if they want to group up, so they dont spam general and trade chat.

Much brain
    The lfg at the end of vanilla, if you remember, just filled up the group with anyone looking.

It didn’t take into account tanks, healers, or dps just filled it up. Usually with dps

This addon doesn’t belong in classic but it’s role will be filled by some third party website like the destiny lfg

Haters gonna hate but you shouldnt have access to any add on we didnt have access to back then.
    Also you shouldnt be allowed to look at wowhead, all you got is a cached version of thottbot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    This addon doesn’t belong in classic but it’s role will be filled by some third party website like the destiny lfg
    There is no role to be filled in the long run. Those that are so entitled and addicted to the anti-social retail lfg won't even make it to 60. There won't be much need for a third party thing after 1-2 months when everyone actually interested in classic has a guild/discord community or just doesn't feel like dying because he has to message a few people to form a group.
    Everyone who wants that addon has his view warped by playing too much retail. The only way they see running a dungeon is if the group pops up by itself in 2 min and they roflstomp it semi-afk in max 10 min without saying a word. Thats their ideea of what a mmorpg experience should be.

If you feel you don't have a lot of time to play classic wow, just play a warlock. They make things like dungeons go by much quicker with their summons, as well as getting a free mount at 40, and groups always like having locks because summons are invaluable in classic. Good choice to get rid of the addon.

Another reason to not playing Classic. I could build a castle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    If you feel you don't have a lot of time to play classic wow, just play a warlock. They make things like dungeons go by much quicker with their summons, as well as getting a free mount at 40, and groups always like having locks because summons are invaluable in classic. Good choice to get rid of the addon.
    Agreed. If you wanna make friends in vanilla, play tank healer or warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    Another reason to not playing Classic. I could build a castle with them.
    It goes both way, I'm sure classic players have a castle of idgaf of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    It goes both way, I'm sure classic players have a castle of idgaf of their own.
    I could go on for days about why retail has lost its charm and magic, but instead I’ll just enjoy classic and hope those still in retail enjoy it

I’ve got friends who love retail, but it isn’t for me. And with classic here, I don’t know that it ever will be again

If ppl want then they find ways. How long until a 3rd party website offers group finding functionality? I guess if it's created as overlay it could well enough interact with the WoW client.

Quote Originally Posted by xblubbx View Post
    If ppl want then they find ways. How long until a 3rd party website offers group finding functionality? I guess if it's created as overlay it could well enough interact with the WoW client.
    Sounds like an amusing way to get your account banned.