Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, in Blizzard defense, you don't give them much to like as a community.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The cynic in me says that every company hates their customers, at least if they are honest about it. I know I certainly hate most of ours'.
    From my experience companies usually consider users/customers to be dumb af, and that's kinda true, a significant majority of any user base falls into that category. And, TBF, this kind of assumption helps a lot while developing things users/customers interact with, for instance, UIs. If you stumble upon a program w/ unintuitive interface it often means two things: a programmer created it for other programmers and/or power users, UX/UI designers were inexperienced and/or had too high of an opinion about their users.

Hatred usually comes later.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Back in WoD, a vocal minority complained about lack of content. This content drought they were talking about had nothing to do with quests, or storyline or lore
    Bam!.. and you my friend just lost all credibility with this simple statement.

Don’t start your argument by telling people the earth is flat.. no one is going to believe what you say next.

There is no saving BFA they need a complete redo on all of the systems. Especially the RNG on loot. It feels like you're playing a gambling sim.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I agree, but my question is who are all these people that like this bottom barrel gameplay enough to be satisfied with it and stay subbed? If raids didn't exist, I'd be gone. Hell, when they mess enough stuff up to the point it starts severely affecting my desires around raids, I leave. Who are the people just gobbling up WQs and all this other faceroll crap that actually enjoy being monkeys in front of keyboards without having to use their brain?
    Easy:

One of 3 types:

- Addicts.
    - Ppl that still living in good old wow memories and try to keep that fun without accepting that WoW ist now a totally another (cheap shit) Game.
    - Ppl that like (or better: for which work) dopamin driven carrot on a Stick Game Design, regardless of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its dead simple:

copy pasted WQs, cheap grind shit and recycled content is WAY cheaper than designing (gfx and encounter mechanics), balancing and testing new raids and dungeons.

its called cost effective development. put in least possible effort/money while try to get most out of it (mostly via smart cash grab systems like token, services, etc).

simple as that. end of story.
    thats not how anything works
    are you seriously saying they are releasing world content and grinds instead of raids and dungeons?
    you fucking serious m8?

we have always had copy/pasted recyled content since dailies were added even in vanilla, but mostly TBC.
    they do not replace raids and dungeons.

Blizzard hates the players because the players have given them no reason to want to fix the game's issues. And the players hate Blizzard because Blizzard refuses to fix the games' MANY issues. It's a vicious cycle that won't end until the game is turned off or Blizzard acts like the bigger person and just stops being greedy, selfish and shitty about their game. It's a harsh truth.

More like they love money so will resort to shit game design decisions to try to lock people down. Pissing players off is just a consequence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Cathedral of Eternal Night? Seat of the Triumvirate? you conveniently forget them?
    yep, you are right. i really forgot them.

but i honestly must say, they felt both small, cheap and lame, and felt like quickly done. especially cathedral. maybe thats the reason i forgot them. but anyway, thats just taste and they ARE added dungeons and you are right.

we will see, if BfA gets another dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    From my experience companies usually consider users/customers to be dumb af, and that's kinda true, a significant majority of any user base falls into that category. And, TBF, this kind of assumption helps a lot while developing things users/customers interact with, for instance, UIs. If you stumble upon a program w/ unintuitive interface it often means two things: a programmer created it for other programmers and/or power users, UX/UI designers were inexperienced and/or had too high of an opinion about their users.

Hatred usually comes later.
    Preferably when they realise that making something idiot proof just creates 'better' idiots.

Blizzard loves their customers as long..

1.) they pay their sub and buy a lot of things from the item shop
    2.) they do not criticize blizzards design decisions
    3.) they are devout and loyal

But if you ever dare the criticize them publically, if you do deny to pay them, or if you are illoyal and quit if you have no content left, they ignore your existence.

They do not really hate you, they just give no shit about you. They do not listen to criticism. And they think they are infailable.

Based on an endless amount of arrogance, that they know better than the player how to design world of warcraft.

Also, yes, they think the average WoW player is an idiot. As the world content design shows. They only think organized raiders and pvp players are smart, and design engaging content for those only. Everyone else gets skinner box satisfaction only. Based on a massive bias blizzard is having about how organized group are more addictive than playing solo or in PuGs.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-08-24 at 03:46 PM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    i dont think this one belongs in the classic forum
    I guess this thread got moved from the classic forum.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Blizzard "hates" players because each player seems to feel that heir $15-20/mo makes them entitled to dictate to the developers exactly what to do. And if Blizzard does not do exactly what Player X wants when Player X wants it, then the cry goes up.

They seem to forget that other people also pay that same $15-20.

Nah, they don't hate you, they just don't care.
    The first step to fix their attitude is to stop buying stuff from their ingame shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Papzer View Post
    Nah, they don't hate you, they just don't care.
    The first step to fix their attitude is to stop buying stuff from their ingame shop.
    Well, not to buy anything from Blizzard Entertainment anymore. They are a disgusting greedy Multi-billion-dollar company with stockholders mainly in china..

They make hundreds of millions of dollars with World of Warcraft every single month, yet, they only invest the least possible effort into components most of their players play. Instead of actively investing into their game design, they reduce costs wherever they can.

While their drones argue that "WoW is one of the most cheap hobbies in the world", they infact both sell subscriptions and microtransaction, making wow one of the most expensive games, and make as much money as possible with the lowest effort possible.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-08-24 at 04:20 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Beta for Azeroth, in the good way.
    A bunch of systems that work or dont, depending on different factors, as some comments already explained.
    A theory could be that BfA was in development before Legion had all the feedback that its going to be in 9.0. And probably all the feedback that BfA its receiving its going to be in 9.0 too.

And if you dont believe this, well lets see:
    1- Island expeditions, downgraded 3 man scenario with focus on gather Azerite before enemy faction. New implementation of AI behavior never seen before.
    2- Warfronts, LFR of a 3 way (moba style) with a normal and heroic difficult. Didnt get pvp because of Faction imbalance.
    3- Unique raids giving the option to fight the End Boss with different faction and same ground, AKA Jaina both factions being Horde and having the same racials.
    4- Rewards by playing both factions.
    5- Interaction with the World, having unique quests for factions rewarding both factions.
    6- Introducing new concepts of Crafting currency and reintroducing Upgradable equipment, Benthic Armor, with a hard cap of 425-435.
    7- Reintroducing Player behavior towards quests, Daily quests and World Quests being paired together, wich induces a sense of "fullfillment" or "i finish nazjatar today", instead of the "i didnt get the feel that i do something"
    8- Allied Races, subraces, new customizations, more flexible transmog. Systems that are new and other that are being expanded.
    9- Item flavors, the return of items having special effects that can help your raid or burst your dps.
    10- New systems for Mythic Plus, diversifying dungeons when a season changes.
    11- Azerite system its just more powerfull talents added if you have the pieces. Later on they added a vendor that stopped the controversy arround azerite gear (literally everyone stoped cursing this system after the vendor).
    12- wich leads us to the other side, pvp templates of rewards, caping weekly will grant you a specific piece.
    13- Warmode on/off
    14- New azerite Essence, building and boosting you character if the way you want. Need more AoE or a big cd buff.
    15- Reputation Contracts for WQs bringing back something like the old Tabard reputation System.

i bet there is more, but overall this expansion its just a mix of systems being tested.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    This content drought they were talking about had nothing to do with quests, or storyline or lore, but mostly to do with there not having a next tier raid and pvp progression that did not go on for several months without anything in sight to look forward to.
    I'm sorry what? Are we talking about the same WoD that only had killmobstillexalted as reputations and outdoor content up until the last patch? And 6.1 the selfie patch? And then the pretty much only outdoor content patch as 6.2? WoD was a fuckup but I personally liked it more than BfA, simply becuase the surrounding stuff was good enough. Like leveling alts superfast so that I could farm Terrorfist, Doomroller and the others on +1 char.................. I know it's kinda pathetic but then agian, my personal experience in BfA is way worse.
    If anything raids were fine all along. But then raids are usually fine.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yep..as centuries have proven, hating your customers is the way to go for successful businesses....

- - - Updated - - -

Well, cry me a river....apply that to your life and I really would love to know what things you still buy and where you live.

It is a commendable attitude, I give you that, but if you truly want to live by that, I guess you make your own clothes, don't have a cell phone, no bank account, no insurances and grow your own food... ^^

I also hope you are not here using a Microsoft, Google or Apple browser - in fact..I wonder what device you use at all.

That was not meant as criticism towards capitalism, but as criticism towards a single example, Blizzard Entertainment. Other companies actually invest into new developments, blizzard does not do that anymore. They just follow existing hypes.

They handle WoW as a cash cow, and do only invest as much as they think is needed. While losing millions of customer short of the start of any new expac, because their content is not as replayable as they think it is.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-08-24 at 08:30 PM.

Yep, you figured it out. EVERYONE!! Rally behind the OP! We're going to stick it to the man!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard must have kicked Fred Skinner's dog, kissed his girlfriend and stole his truck to have this much hate for the company.

Blizzard doesn't hate it's customers. At the end of the day, Blizzard is a business and will make decisions based on what is good for their business, even if it ends up pissing some people off. IMO, Blizzard has done a pretty good job keeping the majority of people more or less happy.
    I'm a crazy taco.