Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Heh heh hee... that's gonna be fun for ya'll.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    So the Classic Zealots get more out of sitting around Stormwind/Orgrimmar with their thumbs up their asses spamming trade chat for groups.
    These no-life purists are beyond pathetic.

Have fun idling around for hours looking for a tank and/or healer.
    Well said sir! going to be funny seeing the crying tears 6 months later when people barely play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    So the Classic Zealots get more out of sitting around Stormwind/Orgrimmar with their thumbs up their asses spamming trade chat for groups.
    These no-life purists are beyond pathetic.

Have fun idling around for hours looking for a tank and/or healer.
    Make a tank or a healer problem solved. Most likely to get into groups far quicker than a dime a dozen dps.

Good. I'm glad they are banning the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Private servers have been around for a while
    Imbeciles abound. The addon was done even before Vanilla released, and the last update was in 2006. It was an addon developed for Vanilla, not private servers. And no, there were no private servers back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    It reduces the available pool of players looking for a group the normal way.

Imagine not being able to realize that the ,you just don't have to use it, it doesn't effect you argument doesn't hold water.
    Damn, why do all you people post about shit you don't have a clue about? It reduces no pool. The addon posts to chat when one is LFM or LFG. People without the addon can still see the group/player that wants to fill/join a group.

you BFA tards rly want to ruin our classic experience with ur shitty addons, just fuck off and play fortnite

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbstermcgee View Post
    Its crazy how much discussion is on about this... its really simple.

If you want a in-game LFG addon then you dont want classic. If you wont play because there is no LFG addon, then you were not gonna play to begin with. There is nothing wrong with using outside resources for LFG, but there shouldn't be that capability in-game simply because it was not available in classic. Its not about recreating the exact experience of 15 years ago, that will never happen. Its about creating an experience as close to classic was originally. The argument stating the fact it wont be the exact experience means we should just throw everything out the window is absurd. Yes, there will be other addons that will be used that were not around during original vanilla. In a perfect world they would not exist either. But we have to pick our battles, some addons are more experience breaking than others. LFG is arguably the biggest community change to WoW, we're purposely trying not to make that mistake again.
    Another imbecile that knows jack shit about Vanilla.

https://legacy-wow.com/vanilla-addons/CallToArms/

Was in the game at the start of Vanilla.

LFG ruined the social dynamic of the game. Make friends and uphold a good reputation and you dont have to pug. That's how we did it.

I'm not gonna play classic because I don't have the time nor the patience for it anymore. But if I did, I wouldn't want such an "unclassic" AddOn to exist. I find it weird that people who want to play classic are whining about having this AddOn removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Damn, why do all you people post about shit you don't have a clue about? It reduces no pool. The addon posts to chat when one is LFM or LFG. People without the addon can still see the group/player that wants to fill/join a group.
    Dear frustrated noob, If you have an addon do all the work for you, making it easy and effortless to form groups. You also, by consequence lessen the focus on forming social bonds. Joining a group in vanilla was a social contract. If the group went well, you added the person to your friends list, so you wouldn't need to ever find randoms again. This also had the effect of somewhat improving your server reputation. Having an addon do this is impersonal and encourages using people as a temporary means to an end.

I am not a single use filler, there only to carry you to victory in some dungeon. I'm a real person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    you BFA tards rly want to ruin our classic experience with ur shitty addons, just fuck off and play fortnite
    So BFA tards tried to ruin their vanilla experience back when this addon first emerged?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Dear frustrated noob, If you have an addon do all the work for you, making it easy and effortless to form groups. You also, by consequence lessen the focus on forming social bonds. Joining a group in vanilla was a social contract. If the group went well, you added the person to your friends list, so you wouldn't need to ever find randoms again. This also had the effect of somewhat improving your server reputation. Having an addon do this is impersonal and encourages using people as a temporary means to an end.

I am not a single use filler, there only to carry you to victory in some dungeon. I'm a real person.
    No shit? People using the addon will still know that server rep matters.

People who cried for convenience are the ones who shifted this game ever to what is now. Cries of convenience in Classic should not only be ignored but bannable offenses from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    I'm not gonna play classic because I don't have the time nor the patience for it anymore. But if I did, I wouldn't want such an "unclassic" AddOn to exist. I find it weird that people who want to play classic are whining about having this AddOn removed.
    It ain't the classic fans that are complaining about an addon such as this not working, you can count on that.
    Those who do enjoy classic knows just how important it is to have social interactions being the basis for grouping, instead of automation.

One thing is certain, anyone who says they'll refuse to play classic due to this change, wouldn't enjoy classic much anyway.
    A large portion of the playerbase are so spoiled by QoL systems (well hey, a large part hasnt experienced WoW without them) that they need a written apology from the devs whenever something isn't able to be completed within 20 minutes.

During the time I've leveled some characters to around 30 on a private realm trying to choose classes, I've added more players to my friendslists than I've had the last 5 years of retail WoW. Retail WoW is antisocial, does not organically encourage ingame bonds or friendships, and I am so happy Blizzard is keeping a close eye on classic addons that try to emulate QoL systems added since. Having to interact with people in order to join a group, having to gather at the instance portal, not being able to replace anyone within 3 minutes if someone leaves, does encourage tighter-knit groups. If there's investment in a group, you actually care.
    Being put in a group by an addon would do serious damage to classic.
    In BFA the damage has already been done long ago, and the rest of the game has followed suit.

I suppose a major part of why topics such as this can get so infected is that Classic and BFA can barely even be compared anymore.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-08-24 at 08:57 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    It was actually fun and engaging. You had to keep reputation on server. People knew who blacklisted ones are. So you actually couldn't join, leech or leave or act like a jerk like you can in last couple expacs.
    It was not fun or engaging. I used to sit in a capital city for HOURS looking for a tank or healer. I'd rather sit in a queue while farming in the world. At least I'm doing something productive while I wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Its one reason why we have LFD/R.

Stating the obvious, but as someone who actually played Classic and sat for hours looking for someone to fill a spot because we didn't have enough guildies (or before I had a guild, in fact), it was a huge timesink I didn't want to deal with.

The vocal minority's just shifted to people who think they know what they want.
    Exactly! Too many people with rose-colored glasses thinking it was great not being able to find a group are going to remember real quick why it was terrible, and they're probably going to quit Classic before anyone else.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Another imbecile that knows jack shit about Vanilla.

https://legacy-wow.com/vanilla-addons/CallToArms/

Was in the game at the start of Vanilla.
    You keep linking this as some sort of "gotcha," when the reality is only a small subset of players used addons like this back in vanilla. Addons of all kinds are much more mainstream now, especially ones that aim to replicate QoL that retail has, and everyone will be trying to find and use them. The impact difference is not even remotely in the same league. Your argument is disingenuous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post

Exactly! Too many people with rose-colored glasses thinking it was great not being able to find a group are going to remember real quick why it was terrible, and they're probably going to quit Classic before anyone else.
    The funniest shit is, in Vanilla the realm cap was 3k players, and later increased to 5k players. Classic is going to have 10-15k players per realm, and that after all the layers are removed. Probably 30k while layers are still in game.

All the layers on a realm use the same chat.

So 30k vs 3k. 10 times as many people using chat.

Gonna laugh my ass off when people see how useless chat is going to be for forming groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    You keep linking this as some sort of "gotcha," when the reality is only a small subset of players used addons like this back in vanilla. Addons of all kinds are much more mainstream now, especially ones that aim to replicate QoL that retail has, and everyone will be trying to find and use them. The impact difference is not even remotely in the same league.
    It is a "gotchya" when responding to all the nubasses that state that there were no LFG addons in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    So apparently it was zone-wide before 1.9, went capital-wide in 1.9, then global in 1.11, then disabled by default in 1.11.2.
    Answer is then : global.

Well obviously they encourage people to do old content, since it helps new players clear things (like heroics or LFR) and gives an incentive to roles in need to run that content.
    However if I need a +10 at the end of the week, my guild will probably help me, and maybe a kind soul bored enough to help. But it was exactly the same in Vanilla.
    Random people didn't spend 3 hours in Blackrock Depths out of kindness.
    you got the right answer on the Channel...the difference between patch 1.11 and 1.12 was you were automatically entered into the channel in 1.11 and in 1.12 you had to manually join the channel by typing /join LookingForGroup.

on your other point we are closer to agreement than you may think..I'm just saying the same type of issues surround doing certain types of content at certain times in both versions of the game...just in Vanilla / Classic the process was manual (you had to do the asking / owe the favour) while in Retail Blizzard does it for you with a combination of incentives / LFG tools but the end result is the same - people are asked/bribed to do content they don't really need to do...the one benefit of the Classic system is that's it Server community only and you might actually meet new people and make new friends as opposed to the completely random and basically anonymous result you get through CRZ where you end up playing with people you may realistically never see again and who you didn't have to interact with while forming the group and thus are missing out on a very social element that was a significant part of the appeal of Vanilla (though admittedly some people hated it but that's what Retail for).

Don't try to change classic ffs!

Let those addon possible in game. Else go back on your weird private server that is freaking far from close to a vanilla experience or even a quality one.

#nochange
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-08-24 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    Thanks for confirmation!
    he's wrong...it was global in patch 1.11 and you were automatically enrolled in the channel when you joined the game. In patch 1.12 it they no longer automatically enrolled you in the channel you now had to do that manually by typing /join LookingForGroup. It was, however, still a global channel and remained that way until they took it out mid Wrath with the introduction of LFD.