Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Decency is a thing, though. Let me guess, you also do not give a seat in public transport to pregnant women?
    Why should anyone give up their seat to anyone else?

This is getting pretty personal attacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Why should anyone give up their seat to anyone else?
    If there are no seats left because they are all taken it's the done thing here in the UK, giving up your seat if you are healthy and able bodied and some 80 year old gets on the bus or anyone who looks like they aren't so fortune and might have a slight disability.

If you're healthy and you make some 80 year old stand here you'd be viewed as a selfish cunt and deserve no respect or decency from others, but more often than not there are 10+ people offering up their seat to the less abled so they don't have to stand.

Seats at the front also say reserved for prams/pushchairs and the elderly so if you sit there you're expected to stand/move.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    If there are no seats left because they are all taken it's the done thing here in the UK, giving up your seat if you are healthy and able bodied and some 80 year old gets on the bus or anyone who looks like they aren't so fortune and might have a slight disability.

If you're healthy and you make some 80 year old stand here you'd be viewed as a selfish cunt and deserve no respect or decency from others, but more often than not there are 10+ people offering up their seat to the less abled so they don't have to stand.
    I was in a wheelchair for a while because I broke my leg and wasn't able to use crutches all the time. They didn't move to make space for me in an elevator when I was going to use elevators, why would I give up my seats for them? They just stared at us when asked to make space, so why should I be nice to them? Nobody has given their seats up in the metro either despite me being on crutches.

I was in a wheelchair for a while because I broke my leg and wasn't able to use crutches all the time. They didn't move to make space for me in an elevator when I was going to use elevators, why would I give up my seats for them? They just stared at us when asked to make space, so why should I be nice to them? Nobody has given their seats up in the metro either despite me being on crutches.
    Then you live in a shithole, maybe not money/quality of life wise, but the people there are "selfish cunts"

Then you live in a shithole, maybe not money/quality of life wise, but the people there are "selfish cunts"
    Hardly, people who expect to be given seats because of being old or being pregnant or such are just entitled.

Hardly, people who expect to be given seats because of being old or being pregnant or such are just entitled.
    Nope you're all just selfish cunts, not an insult just how the UK views you and we have brexit and we're nicer! lol!.The old people or pregnant often don't ask for anything, just everyone being polite offers up their seat because standing isn't hard for a 25 year old, but a bus shaking you around the place when you're 80 years old isn't so nice or even safe, same if you're heavily pregnant or on crutches.

But as i said it's even written on seats near the front of the bus to give up your seats and most willingly do, it's nice to see strangers caring about others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope you're all just selfish cunts, not an insult just how the UK views you and we have brexit and we're nicer! lol!.The old people or pregnant often don't ask for anything, just everyone being polite offers up their seat because standing isn't hard for a 25 year old, but a bus shaking you around the place when you're 80 years old isn't so nice or even safe, same if you're heavily pregnant or on crutches.

But as i said it's even written on seats near the front of the bus to give up your seats and most willingly do, it's nice to see strangers caring about others.
    I didn't even know there existed people crabby about such things until this thread. Complaining that expected mothers get to park a little closer to the door? Come one now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I don't know the exact of your laws, or that of Florida for that matter, but here in Texas(we have both stand your ground and castle doctrine) it says "A prudent person placed in imminent fear of severe bodily injury or death."
    In Ohio, we do not have a stand your ground law. We are required out in the public to retreat if threatened if there is a reasonable path to do such. If this case had happened in Ohio? He would have been found guilty of manslaughter also. Mainly because the guy who shoved him did not stand over him after he did his act. If he had moved toward him in a threatening manner after he had shoved him? That would be different.

Our laws on self defense also state a person can use deadly force if they fear for their life or serous bodily harm. Our Castle Doctrine gives the presumption to the defendant they have reasonable grounds to fear for their life or serous bodily harm in the case of a home invasion or vehicle and can use deadly force to stop the threat. Then the burden to prove they did not, is on the prosecutors.

This case is about stupid actions on both sides in my opinion. Which unnecessarily led to the death of a person.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-08-24 at 11:39 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    i didn't even know there existed people crabby about such things until this thread. Complaining that expected mothers get to park a little closer to the door? Come one now.
    where did i say parking or door?

WHERE?!

10+ Year Old Account
    where did i say parking or door?

WHERE?!
    I'm agreeing with you

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I didn't even know there existed people crabby about such things until this thread. Complaining that expected mothers get to park a little closer to the door? Come one now.
    Some people don't even realize how awful they are. Or they do and don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I see some people still siding with:

Guy who threatens people over "his spot" and kills someone after he confronts and starts an altercation. Let's remember, you have a right to defend your family if you fear that they are in danger people seem to want to ignore this bit when he shoves the guy.

The guy who people says looks old, but he really isn't... he is just probably a druggy who is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I see some people still siding with:

Guy who threatens people over "his spot" and kills someone after he confronts and starts an altercation. Let's remember, you have a right to defend your family if you fear that they are in danger people seem to want to ignore this bit when he shoves the guy.

The guy who people says looks old, but he really isn't... he is just probably a druggy who is fucked up.
    Then you don't understand the difference between expressing your displeasure at someone and physically assaulting them.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Then you don't understand the difference between expressing your displeasure at someone and physically assaulting them.
    Advancing man on mother and child from a man who has a history of altercations including threatening physical harm.

Come the fuck on.

"He shoved that poor poor man advancing and threatening harm to his family, how dare he."

Serious?

Advancing man on mother and child from a man who has a history of altercations including threatening physical harm.

Come the fuck on.

"He shoved that poor poor man advancing and threatening harm to his family, how dare he."

Serious?
    Did he make physical threats at her? Watch the video he was standing at a distance, in no way was he physically threatening, you're just straight up lying

Looks like this guy had a history of being an instigator. Even in hockey they give out penalties for instigating.

I'm glad he got convicted. The dumb ass started the whole fight himself by not minding his own business. It's shitty when people take handicapped parking spots, but it's not worth confronting people over.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Did he make physical threats at her? Watch the video he was standing at a distance, in no way was he physically threatening, you're just straight up lying
    In no way was he physically threatening? Also can you not read the sentence? It seems your having difficult with that.

5 year old loses 28 year old father because of a triggerhappy redneck and americans are like "thats the law".
    This shit doesnt even happen in Afghanistan. You people are ridiculous.

In no way was he physically threatening? Also can you not read the sentence? It seems your having difficult with that.
    How was he physically threatening when he was standing at a distance? I read what you wrote just fine, you brought up his story to insinuating he was being violent.

He deserved the manslaughter charge but he didn't deserve to be physically assaulted over a verbal confrontation. That's a very low brow way to handle things