Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    This batch was found on islands close to Azeroth's equator (or whatever the equivalent is). Boom. Done!
    The problem is that rules out Silver Covenant and other existing high elf groups.

I'd prefer "Seeking freedom, the high elves found a way to cut their link to the Sunwell. Doing so changes them, and now they use arcane tatoos to calm their hunger for magic" or something like that.
    Whatever...

First, it's a want, not a need. 2nd, it's really that hard to understand people want more of a popular thing?
    The distinction between want and need in this context is not significant enough to break past the level of just being pedantic, especially when we're on page 616 of the conversation.

I mean, point me to the 600+ page thread about wanting/needing playable ogres and I'll concede your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Dark-skinned high elves look amazing. All we need is a possible explanation for the skin color change.
    Maybe Wrathion realizes that the High Elves are without a power source and worries for their future in the face of the Blood Elves, who possess the Sunwell. He gifts them a small portion of the Black Dragon power, which turns their skin the same shade as his .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    The distinction between want and need in this context is not significant enough to break past the level of just being pedantic, especially when we're on page 616 of the conversation.

I mean, point me to the 600+ page thread about wanting/needing playable ogres and I'll concede your point.
    You don't need to concede anything, clearly on the topic pedantry your post was one. Elves are no doubt popular, High Elves especially, which is why they have a 600+page thread.

No one claimed Ogres are popular, or even as popular as elves. The onus is on you to prove whatever you're trying to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The problem is that rules out Silver Covenant and other existing high elf groups.

I'd prefer "Seeking freedom, the high elves found a way to cut their link to the Sunwell. Doing so changes them, and now they use arcane tatoos to calm their hunger for magic" or something like that.
    They can also just "retcon" and say "they're supposed to have it" and point to Devi. That's exactly what they did with playable Nightborne having hair colors like blonde and dark/black despite all the NPCs only showing white. And that was exactly their reasoning, something along the lines of "NB were supposed to have these hair colors but we didn't get around to it."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil-Free View Post
    Maybe Wrathion realizes that the High Elves are without a power source and worries for their future in the face of the Blood Elves, who possess the Sunwell. He gifts them a small portion of the Black Dragon power, which turns their skin the same shade as his .
    I like this. Signed.

You don't need to concede anything, clearly on the topic pedantry your post was one. Elves are no doubt popular, High Elves especially, which is why they have a 600+page thread.

No one claimed Ogres are popular, or even as popular as elves. The onus is on you to prove whatever you're trying to do.
    How does one prove a personal opinion exactly? I shared my opinion.

I'll elaborate if you're struggling here. I don't understand why elf number 5 is more compelling than something notably different, like ogres or vulpera or ankoan, or something that's adding more to options that have just one variation right now, like mechagnomes or kelfin. If high elves are added as some skins to existing elves, sure whatever, I'd imagine that's low resource impact for Blizz. But for me personally if they would take up an allied race slot, I'd rather see that slot devoted to something more than yet another damn elf.

That's not pedantic, that's just my opinion being expressed. You're welcome to disagree with it (clearly, and of course you do) but you did make a pedantic counterargument to discount my opinion so I called you on it.

And to further clarify, my point about ogres was to elaborate on why your statement was pedantic. Clearly there is no 600+ thread on ogres and therefore they do not have people clamoring for them as much as high elves. Hence, folks want ogres (or naga or whatever) a hell of a lot less than high elves apparently. What scale of verbiage should be used here if not want vs. need? I mean, did I need to write "want so badly" instead of "need"? Does anyone reading posts about a game not understand that absolutely any desire related to a game is not a technical need and therefore the word "need" in the context of a game is more about conveying how badly someone wants something?

I said my piece in the first post of mine and have now elaborated on my opinion (and your pedantic retort) more than I ever expected necessary. Feel free to dismiss my opinion and move on. No need for all this bullshit. My opinion is incapable of biting you.

I've got nothing else to say here, so I'm moving on.

This batch was found on islands close to Azeroth's equator (or whatever the equivalent is). Boom. Done!
    Well, at the "equator" of Azeroth we have the Maelstrom. Not exactly the most hospitable place, and there's nothing living there except some shamans. Also, lil' bit southwest we have Kezan.

We also have the Broken Isles, Zandalar and Kul'Tiras, so unfortunately that's not an option.

And as @DeicideUH said, it rules out the Silver Covenant and the other currently established high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why elf number 5 is more compelling than something notably different, like ogres or vulpera or ankoan, or something that's adding more to options that have just one variation right now, like mechagnomes or kelfin. If high elves are added as some skins to existing elves, sure whatever, I'd imagine that's low resource impact for Blizz. But for me personally if they would take up an allied race slot, I'd rather see that slot devoted to something more than yet another damn elf.
    A couple reasons come to mind:
    • High elves were originally part of the Alliance in WC3 (yes, they left, but they were still part of it during the campaigns).
    • High elf lore is rich, and the potential for expansion is interesting;
    • High elves have continually been continually developed and shown as active members of the Alliance throughout the expansions.

Oh yay that's me up there

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    That's not a high elf /blood elf difference, that's a class difference.

Magisters and rulers will look more regal than hunters.

Alleria is a ranger, lor'themar is a ruler.

High elf maigsters would look regal too, just as highborne ones would too, unlike night elf druids. High elves are more than farstriders. Just as Night elves are more than druids
    Debatable, as Blood Elf Society and High Elf society are different at this point, thus operate on different class systems.

If a High Elf looked "regal" it would do so in relation to their society, or the society they would live in -for example, Dalarani- which would be different to the current Blood Elf parameters.

We can't obviate Elisande's words; in her perspective, "high elves" are unworthy of their name and are peasants. It's clear that HE and BE are perceoeved as culturally different by outsiders -Elisande's comments it's biased on relation to which group she accepts more, but the difference is obvious-
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2019-08-25 at 05:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How does one prove a personal opinion exactly? I shared my opinion.

-SNIP-

I said my piece in the first post of mine and have now elaborated on my opinion (and your pedantic retort) more than I ever expected necessary. Feel free to dismiss my opinion and move on. No need for all this bullshit. My opinion is incapable of biting you.

I've got nothing else to say here, so I'm moving on.
    I think what's ironic is initially posting about something that should be very obvious (why people need/want something) then making a post focused on stating very obvious things.

I respond to posts to use them more as examples for any future passerby rather than specifically respond to the poster. Yours was a good example of me explaining the obvious (or what should be obvious). But if there's more like you passing through the thread it's helpful to state it plainly.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at the "equator" of Azeroth we have the Maelstrom. Not exactly the most hospitable place, and there's nothing living there except some shamans. Also, lil' bit southwest we have Kezan.

We also have the Broken Isles, Zandalar and Kul'Tiras, so unfortunately that's not an option.

And as @DeicideUH said, it rules out the Silver Covenant and the other currently established high elves.
    That was very much a jest towards some of the ass-pullery Blizzard themselves do. But on a more real take, there is a dark-skinned High Elf in existence (in alternate Dalaran)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Devi

While that plot point happens in an alternate timeline, it could be possible our timeline has a dark-skinned Devi who attended to Krasus as well. I don't have the book with me but if there's no "surprise" around her skin color in the book then it means there's possibility of other dark-skinned High Elves in existence.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dark-skinned high elves look amazing. All we need is a possible explanation for the skin color change.
    Since they not magic-addicts and avoid arcane overuse, my headcannon shot "Their skin loses magic Properties as time goes by, the longer they dont use any magic - more darker their skin become"
    1) high elfs who use magic little bit ( light brown )
    2) high elfs who hate magic,and made vow to not use any magic at all (dark brown)

To not lessen effects of mana drought , high elfs use tattoos with special elf-rune magic to prevent fast aging. (without magic in skin they live 300 years max, without tattoos)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Since they not magic-addicts and avoid arcane overuse, my headcannon shot "Their skin loses magic Properties as time goes by, the longer they dont use any magic - more darker their skin become"
    2) high elfs who hate magic,and made vow to not use any magic at all (dark brown)

To not lessen effects of mana drought , high elfs use tattoos with special elf-rune magic to prevent fast aging. (without magic in skin they live 300 years max, without tattoos)
    I'd prefer that high elves had darker skin tones as part of their CC options, but not ALL of them be all dark. Like humans can be light-skinned and dark-skinned, but I'd take it, as long as the explanation Blizzard uses, if they implement this, is sensible.

Unlike the explanation for some other elves, recently introduced...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. It's interesting, to say the least.

The thing is that there is little people who don't want ogres so there is no discussion. Also, ogre fans don't have different visions of them, so there is no discussion on playable classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would he care about high elves?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the idea of high elves was to look like in Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

I thought the idea of high elves was to look like in Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3.
    For me "high elfs" idea ,that they are elfs who never given-up on Alliance and never give-in for Kael ways of magic addiction (Sunwell,Fel crystals), never even thought to ally with orcs+forsaken.

Image if your family killed by zombies, and you join horde to become comrades with said zombies .....................................not funny man

High Elfs always on Alliance side, not these gold-diggers blood elfs who cant dicide one day they want drown in fel , next day they want to be alliance once again, next they support Sylvanas, and then they shun some blood elfs for using void .... near drug nectar (Sunwell)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-25 at 09:29 AM.
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

For me "high elfs" idea ,that they are elfs who never given-up on Alliance and never give-in for Kael ways of magic addiction (Sunwell,Fel crystals), never even thought to ally with orcs+forsaken.

Image if your family killed by zombies, and you join horde to become comrades with said zombies .....................................not funny man
    You conveniently forgot that these zombie are ruled by person who died for my family.

High Elfs always on Alliance side, not these gold-diggers blood elfs who cant dicide one day they want drown in fel , next day they want to be alliance once again, next they support Sylvanas, and then they shun some blood elfs for using void .... near drug nectar (Sunwell)
    They side with whatever is the best for their survival, which, aside from Garrosh, is the Horde.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    My take on high elf heritage armor.

https://imgur.com/a/Yccob6W

I think third version is absurd but I wanted to get three of them.
    Glad to see this thread hasn't reached complete creative saturation. These look great! I would love to have a tunic version of that third green one available for my blood elf hunter! Hell, I think having that first one as a tint option for the Sin'dorei heritage armor would be nice too. Just like how the Mag'har orcs have three tints of their heritage armor available corresponding to different clans. The Sin'dorei tints could be - Magister/Spellbreaker, Farstrider and Nostalgia.

I was going through the Nexus for the umpteenth time on an alt yesterday and, in my boredom, I decided to read the description for Grand Magus Telestra. And I thought it was really interesting:

It is rumored the Grand Magus Telestra tutored Prince Kael'thas. Though she believed the Prince allying with the naga was foolish, she could not support Dalaran imprisoning her people. Malygos only needed to remind her of this betrayal to gain her as an instructor for his mage hunters.

I had always been curious about how a number of high elves ended up in the ranks of Malygos' mage hunters. I thought that perhaps, after the destruction of the Sunwell, joining with Malygos would give the Quel'dorei who had decided not to return to Silvermoon after the Third War access to magical artefacts to aid them through arcane withdrawal. I had never really considered that some might join with Malygos out of resentment for the treatment of Kael'thas' forces by Garithos and the Kirin Tor who enabled his actions and stood by while he planned to murder a (former?) member of the Council of Six.

I always found it astonishing that so many high elves could remain loyal to Dalaran after the fiasco with Garithos and Kael'thas. But, I suppose I've come to see the rift between blood elves and high elves as something of a fantasy allegory for David Goodhart's proposal for a re-categorisation of the political camps in the 21st Century West - the Somewheres vs the Anywheres. The blood elves (with their patriotism and identities bound up with Quel'Thalas and the Sunwell) are akin to the "Somewheres" and the high elves, who have left Quel'Thalas for love (the Windrunner sisters), adventure (Vyrin Swiftwind), knowledge (Kirin Tor magisters) or ambition (Thalo'dan Privateers), more closely resemble "Anywheres".

Still, I'm glad that, in the case of the likes of Telestra, there were some high elves who did not return to Quel'Thalas after Arthas' assault on the homeland but still found the Kirin Tor's complicity in the attempted murder of Prince Kael'thas to be indefensible.

My take on high elf heritage armor.

https://imgur.com/a/Yccob6W

I think third version is absurd but I wanted to get three of them.
    They look good, but they're literally recolors of the BE's heritage armor.

I'd much rather have them have something that is radically different from their Horde cousins, not just in color. Perhaps a little lion-themed, but not as blatant as how the Stormwind human armor tends to be. Or at the very least not bird-themed like the BE.

5+ Year Old Account
    You conveniently forgot that these zombie are ruled by person who died for my family.

They side with whatever is the best for their survival, which, aside from Garrosh, is the Horde.
    I really hope that you trolling, only things that would threatened their survival is Alliance because they JOINED Horde.

"They side with whatever is the best for their survival" :

1) side with Anduin,Jaina,Malfurion,Tyrande and co. (omega powerful demigods).
    2) side with Baine(just a cow),Sadfang(just a orc),Vol`jin(dead troll),Gallywix(just goblin), (ONLY SYLVANAS ABLE TO DO SOMETHING)

You join 2) only if you got death-wish for suicide , that has nothing with SURVIVAL.

Funny part thus even if Sylvanas doing some shit right, cry-babies shout that she is evil -> from their narrative its seems Horde must surrender and show enemy belly then beg for their lives.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-25 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that you trolling, only things that would threatened their survival is Alliance because they JOINED Horde.
    Night elves were attacking the Sin'dorei before they joined the Horde.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sentinel_spies

The Kaldorei sent sentinel spies to sabotage arcane sanctums across Quel'Thalas when the majority of their Thalassian cousins had been slaughtered by the Scourge and the survivors were either dying of magic withdrawal or faced impending doom from the Scourge forces still plaguing Eversong and the Ghostlands.

Why would Silvermoon consider joining an organisation that harboured forces who tried to attack them when they were at their weakest and most vulnerable?
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2019-08-25 at 04:31 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    Night elves were attacking the Sin'dorei before they joined the Horde.

The Kaldorei sent sentinel spies to sabotage arcane sanctums across Quel'Thalas when the majority of their Thalassian cousins had been slaughtered by the Scourge and the survivors were either dying of magic withdrawal or faced impending doom from the Scourge forces still plaguing Eversong and the Ghostlands.

Why would Silvermoon consider joining an organisation that harboured forces who tried to attack them when they were at their weakest and most vulnerable?
    Sentinel spies were sent to Quel'Thalas by the night elves in order to spy on the activities of the blood elves and sabotage them.[1] They were aided by the dwarf Prospector Anvilward. Most of their activities took place in the Ghostlands, where they built a headquarter and camps, but also in the Eversong Woods.

That is not High elfs, Blood Elfs poss a threat to any living creature (LOL now they can transform life into magic THX KAEL).
    Some time later
    "OOOO this guys enslaved Naru, lets not spy on them ..... and be f@ked in future."

I would say same thing, if it were NIght elfs doing blood rituals for BLOOD MOON. (spy on them any time you wonna)
    If some race doing bat-shit level crazzy things, you better spy on them ....... or they gona summon void lords,pokemons,bad youtubers.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-25 at 04:59 PM.

They were already allied to Illidan so Alliance was not an option.

"They side with whatever is the best for their survival" :
    1) side with Anduin,Jaina,Malfurion,Tyrande and co. (omega powerful demigods).
    I see you didn't even bother to think about the timeframe. Anduin was a harmless child. Jaina was merely an archmage. Also, she was, in fact, neutral. Malfurion was asleep. Tyrande... Do you remember when she blew up the bridge she stood on?
    2) side with Baine(just a cow),Sadfang(just a orc),Vol`jin(dead troll),Gallywix(just goblin), (ONLY SYLVANAS ABLE TO DO SOMETHING)
    Cairne wasn't really impressive but he was a good warrior. Thrall was very powerful shaman. Vol'jin was great shadow hunter. Sylvanas was Sylvanas.
    You join 2) only if you got death-wish for suicide , that has nothing with SURVIVAL.
    Somehow it made blood elves survive.
    Funny part thus even if Sylvanas doing some shit right, cry-babies shout that she is evil -> from their narrative its seems Horde must surrender and show enemy belly then beg for their lives.
    Yes, Sylvanas is cursed on that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

They look good, but they're literally recolors of the BE's heritage armor.
    I made them for fun. I wanted to show my experiment to you. Also, treat it like some kind of satire on how high elves are literally Alliance blood elves without fel.
    I'd much rather have them have something that is radically different from their Horde cousins, not just in color. Perhaps a little lion-themed, but not as blatant as how the Stormwind human armor tends to be. Or at the very least not bird-themed like the BE.
    I too would like something different in shapes. However, I don't think lions are good idea. High elves tend to use either birds or unicorns. I think some ranger themed would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sentinel spies were sent to Quel'Thalas by the night elves in order to spy on the activities of the blood elves and sabotage them.[1] They were aided by the dwarf Prospector Anvilward. Most of their activities took place in the Ghostlands, where they built a headquarter and camps, but also in the Eversong Woods.

That is not High elfs, Blood Elfs poss a threat to any living creature (LOL now they can transform life into magic THX KAEL).
    Some time later
    "OOOO this guys enslaved Naru, lets not spy on them ..... and be f@ked in future."

I would say same thing, if it were NIght elfs doing blood rituals for BLOOD MOON. (spy on them any time you wonna)
    If some race doing bat-shit level crazzy things, you better spy on them ....... or they gona summon void lords,pokemons,bad youtubers.
    You just said the Alliance would only threaten the blood elves if they joined the Horde. But, the night elves - members of the Alliance - threatened the blood elves before they could join the Horde.

Blood elves are a threat to "any living creature" just as much as any other race is a threat to any other living creature if they have a sharp stick and enough determination.

I've never understood the disdain for blood elves siphoning magic from animals. Are all the other races vegan? What's the difference between a blood elf extracting magic from a mana wyrm to sustain themselves and a human or night elf getting sustenance from meat?

In the Shadow of the Sun was good but it was so stupid for introducing the concept of certain elves being horrified by taking mana from living creatures. Unless, of course, all the elves at Quel'Lithien were vegetarian.