Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    > How much news do you honestly expect to see for Classic?

I bet they will keep adding news for a while. That's why I think MMO needs a separate place for Classic.

Waaaaaaaaaait a minute: German, French and Russian realms... but not Spanish... WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Even the smallest pop server has 100k people. hardly, "dead", but that doesn't fit what you're trying to push.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong as well.

The lowest pop server is 100k people. That is a massive amount of players. While the highest pop servers are 500-600k. Again, hardly dead. You guys really need to try harder. Or you know, at least read because you say things that aren't true. Making yourselves look like idiots.
    I play on the lowest pop server according to realmpop (Ravenholdt) and I assure you that shit is fucking dead lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I cannot wait to see how these classic kids are going to spin this one.
    I'm not interested in playing classic, but I can see a few things to explain it:
    - they have better tech now, they can use shards / layering as well (even if they said they'd keep it at a minimum)
    - this is an initial number; they'll make more as they're needed
    - they want the servers tighter, with more people so they have bigger pools for 40m raids and unassisted grouping

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Wrong. Try again troll.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

Even the smallest pop server has 100k people.
    Is that people? Or characters? Because I think it's characters. If the site could count unique players, we would know exactly how many active players WoW has I think.
    Also people are not tied to a realm, so they'd at least have to overlap if those were people. So I think that number is characters.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-08-12 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Luckily server names dont play as big of an impact in Classic as you won't ever be seeing name-servername in chat or above player heads.
    Yes you will and yes you do. You see it whenever you whisper someone. You'll definitely see it in bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't go for "Hogger", but maybe there's a Russian retail realm with that name already? Or Asian?
    US gets simple, short or iconic names while the EU gets the opposit.
    Way to complain. Is Mankrik better than Hogger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    When can we actually download the game? This is all I see in my drop-down menu. Taken 5 minutes ago.

I have had the option to install it for over a month.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I'm not interested in playing classic, but I can see a few things to explain it:
    - they have better tech now, they can use shards / layering as well (even if they said they'd keep it at a minimum)
    - this is an initial number; they'll make more as they're needed
    - they want the servers tighter, with more people so they have bigger pools for 40m raids and unassisted grouping

- - - Updated - - -

Is that people? Or characters? Because I think it's characters. If the site could count unique players, we would know exactly how many active players WoW has I think.
    Also people are not tied to a realm, so they'd at least have to overlap if those were people. So I think that number is characters.
    It's characters. At 120, there are only like 3.9million characters. And those are without a doubt alts of folks. So is it as populated as it really seems? No. Of course not. My point was, even the dead servers, still have some active folks on there. Not every server can be a Thrall, or Tichondrius.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    I want to know why, for the 5 US PvP realms, they picked 4 Scarlet Monastery bosses, and then one Naxxramas boss. It's not like they ran out of Scarlet Monastery names... the inconsistency is weird.
    Blizzard in a nutshell

Blech on American RP server names, and no Eastern RP-PVP?

Agentsi, I understand you can use the slider to see who is at 120. If you read the Realm Pop's page before you choose which region, it specifies how it gets those numbers. I'll quote one part on there, "It's important to remember that we're simply counting the number of characters seen for each category. This does not mean the number of players, nor the number of actively played characters. We can't efficiently get activity data yet, so some characters may not have been played for a long time."

So this means that it does not track "ACTIVE" players like you say. It merely tracks any character that has ever used the auction house or has ever been in a guild, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    thanks for the best comment every, very useful
    As was your well well written, extremely thought out, and well researched rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    As was your well well written, extremely thought out, and well researched rebuttal.
    Learn to write replies, thanks.

Better luck next time!