Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can probably be certain that those who pushed for, and wanted this lfg replica, are those who didn't want Classic made from the beginning, and then got salty from no beta invite, then realised Classic will actually have a good playerbase based on how quick servers became full on name registration and multiple servers being added afterwards, and end up feeling they must play because 'everyone else is'.

I got friends and acquaintances who are either just playing Classic, sticking with BfA, or playing both. If not having this add-on makes you think it'll ruin the experience for you, don't play, or play, and make an effort to make a group/guild. Constant whining on forums about it over and over doesn't change anything that's going to actually happen from the dev teams perspective.

Should be grateful for actually having this return, and I'm sure private server players are happy that they don't feel like they could have their server/s shut down at any moment. Society's neediness and 'I want this, you cant have that' attitude is pathetic and what leads to good games becoming bad games, ''shut up and put up, or quit'' lends itself nicely here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnard View Post
    Can probably be certain that those who pushed for, and wanted this lfg replica, are those who didn't want Classic made from the beginning, and then got salty from no beta invite, then realised Classic will actually have a good playerbase based on how quick servers became full on name registration and multiple servers being added afterwards, and end up feeling they must play because 'everyone else is'.

I got friends and acquaintances who are either just playing Classic, sticking with BfA, or playing both. If not having this add-on makes you think it'll ruin the experience for you, don't play, or play, and make an effort to make a group/guild. Constant whining on forums about it over and over doesn't change anything that's going to actually happen from the dev teams perspective.

Should be grateful for actually having this return, and I'm sure private server players are happy that they don't feel like they could have their server/s shut down at any moment. Society's neediness and 'I want this, you cant have that' attitude is pathetic and what leads to good games becoming bad games, ''shut up and put up, or quit'' lends itself nicely here.
    If having this add-on makes you think it'll ruin the experience for you, don't play, or play, and make an effort to make a group/guild. Constant whining on forums about it over and over doesn't change anything that's going to actually happen from the dev teams perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If having this add-on makes you think it'll ruin the experience for you, don't play, or play, and make an effort to make a group/guild. Constant whining on forums about it over and over doesn't change anything that's going to actually happen from the dev teams perspective.
    The problem is, it would quickly become the norm, making it almost mandatory..

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    The problem is, it would quickly become the norm, making it almost mandatory..
    yep, the more users, the more the LFG world chat window spam (for Hogger and all kinds of petty things, including dungeon spam)...the more mandatory it becomes.
    I will download it if nothing changes...sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    yep, the more users, the more the LFG world chat window spam (for Hogger and all kinds of petty things, including dungeon spam)...the more mandatory it becomes.
    I see nothing wrong with chat filters, it simply saves scrolling and you still have to post in global chat to be seen or /w the gro leader for invites.

I would use such a tool and not be sorry for playing the game smart.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

You're right, it's not a bad idea. It's a horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're right, it's not a bad idea. It's a horrible idea.
    But #nochanges?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I see nothing wrong with chat filters, it simply saves scrolling and you still have to post in global chat to be seen or /w the gro leader for invites.

I would use such a tool and not be sorry for playing the game smart.
    Its effectively the same as an actual LFG from BfA though.

Given the addon will only start working once you login...and starts filtering the chat.
    But you will effectively have insane accessibility and everyone will spam world chat with all kinds of "petty" things to happear on the addon.

The endresult is the same.
    If you were against this addon "before"...you are against this addon "after" (if it maintains the chat filter system)

Its Blizzard's move here. I no longer have an opinion on the matter. At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Decursive was patched out well before the end of vanilla.
    "IMPORTANT NOTICE: [DEVELOPMENT HALTED] Due to the latest changes announced for TBC. Smart Rank and clickcasting may be serverly hampered. Hence this mod will NOT be updated until TBC is released or further information are provided by Blizzard. It's certainly sad but that's life. Healers may just have to go back to old school when TBC comes out. "

And no, nobody is advocating to return to "spam 1 button and my supersmartscript plays the game for me' *true* Vanilla experience.
    Most of the 'Vanilla experience' so many of the #nochanges fundamentalist are endlessly nagging about aren't about the original state of the game at all, but merely trying to enforce a level of their personal ignorance at that time onto others today.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    No one LIKES bad systems.
    people are quick to call systems that create struggles and problems that have to be overcome bad. but it's exactly those kind of struggles that create lasting memories.

even if the systems are actually bad, it can still enhance the overall experience. (at least if done correctly, which classic generally does. as opposed to say a bad system retail style such as benthic sockets)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    well i wouldn't go that far with the strangers thing, but guild/make friends is more central yes

Also. Quest helper can be removed for all I care. Half the frustration (and fun) was finding something based on obscure directions and asking people in the same zone whether or not they have some tips or ideas on where to find whatever you're looking for.
    What I really meant to say was that you're not meant to RELY on completely random strangers to do content like you do in Retail BFA. Therefore I don't think a LFG is necessary because you're not meant to PUG the same way you do in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Now you;re being deliberately obtuse, and frankly, stupid.

WHat they have or haven't done is irrelevant. If they say "This is our entire fundamental design philosophy for this product", and then an addon comes along and ignores literally the very essence of being, and makes what they are trying to achieve irrelevant, and they ban/limit the addon, and then someone utilises an addon that circumnavigates the limitation, and restores the previously *banned* functionality. Then you can bet your bottom dollar that any accounts utilising said addon will be punitively responded to.
    Whether thy have or have not in the past is irrelevant, because they have never done anything like this before, so stop thinking the some nonsensical ruling you have justified in your head as fact, is somehow immutable.

If you think otherwise, you are a pillock of the highest order. Stop being obtuse, and frankly idiotic to *win* an irrelevant fucking argument on the internet (which, tbh, you're really not *winning*). Unless all you wish to do is cause arguments anyways, in which case, I am done with you.
    Im looking to history for what blizzard will do. If blizzard ever doesn't want something in the game, they either A) break it or B) implement it themselves. They have never as far as i know banned the use of an addon that only used the abilities given to it by the API. They aren't likely to start. If they ban people for using this addon, i'd be incredibly surprised. Your wishful thinking isn't going to make blizzard do what you want.

Everquest has a list of people who are LFG. You can also list your own groups. The list is global, and the invites are done manually.

I see no problem with something like this being in classic.

It means you can go out and grind mobs while LFG, as opposed to sitting in the city spamming. There is no downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    This is the issue though, and something people seem to not be grasping. The history of their actions is irrelevant in this case.

If something is popular, why not implement it in the main code? Makes sense, and they do. But they only have done so in an effort to keep pushing the game forward. Each new expansion has had new ideas, new things implemented, and things that the addon community have created, and been then bought into the main game as a whole.

Issue is though...Classic isn't moving forward. Classic is moving *back*. They have no reason to keep the same mentality, which is something people need to understand. Live and Classic are two completely, seperate entities, with differing design philosophies and implementation of those philosophies. Something that may be completely sensible to do in a forward progressing game such as Live, might end up completely destroying the whole design outlay for Classic.
    What we may see now, is any such attempt to circumnavigate any of this philosophy in Classic resulting in punitive action being undertaken against the accounts and users doing so.

You cannot treat the two games as one and the same anymore. They simply aren't. And the add-on community needs to understand and grasp this immutable fact now. Just because something is allowed and implemented in one game, doesn't mean it will be allowed in the other.
    Again, blizzard isnt going to drastically change their behavior here. They aren't going to add a line to the ToS that says "Anything resembling an LFG addon will get you banned". It's just not going to happen. They'll break some things, limit it, and then mostly not care anymore once the streamers and their crowd move on to the next outrage. I guarantee you this LFG addon survives in mostly its current state through classics lifetime. Especially considering all this addon even does is look for "LFG, LFM" etc in the chat and compile it into a list for you. It's a glorified chat filter and people have blown it way out of proportion.

That being said, maybe you're right. I highly, highly doubt it though. There's some part of me that wouldn't be surprised if all blizzard did is remove the ability to auto invite to try to appease the more clueless people and move on.

Well blizzard don't agree, they don't like it so they are going to break it, they don't want 2019 addons breaking a 2004 game

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Youre comparing chat filters to LFG? Apples and oranges my friend.

Not a bad idea. A horrific idea.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    4 stages of problem solving. Understand the situation > identify the the root cause > Make a plan to resolve the root cause > execute and follow with feedback
    You: SKDMdifjsdiofjsdigjsidofjsdiogj
    It's not a problem if it's already been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Youre comparing chat filters to LFG? Apples and oranges my friend.
    Nope

If ClassicLFG can simply read chat...it will be as powerful as the current LFG system from BfA.
    Simply the same.

Care to share the differences?
    (it will only start filtering chat once you login, but apart from that? The same, just as powerful)

Quote Originally Posted by kebabmasterxd View Post
    Well blizzard don't agree, they don't like it so they are going to break it, they don't want 2019 addons breaking a 2004 game
    It's a 2006 addon tho