Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It’ll become more skewed over time as players move to servers where their factions are performing better.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    38k out of 200k is still less than 25% of the population.

- - - Updated - - -

"weeks" = 2 weeks.

But thanks for insulting me to feel better about your own miserable life
    25% is huge when talking about statistical data. You only need a few (2-5%) to get an accurate figure.

If you have a population size of 200k,and you want a confidence level of 95% (industry standard), and a margin of error of 1%, you only need a sample size of 9,164. For a margin of error at 5%, you only need 384 respondents.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2019-08-26 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allegos View Post
    It’ll become more skewed over time as players move to servers where their factions are performing better.
    All polls tend to get skewed over time. That being said, I don't think as many people would move as you think - for the simple fact there will be no server transfer, and leveling up will be on the slow side even for people that do it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunargho View Post
    All polls tend to get skewed over time. That being said, I don't think as many people would move as you think - for the simple fact there will be no server transfer, and leveling up will be on the slow side even for people that do it fast.
    He said "over time:. Blizzard has already stated they will be adding server transfers at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    He said "over time:. Blizzard has already stated they will be adding server transfers at some point.
    Source? I don't doubt that they will open transfers to consolidate as the servers populations go down - but I don't recall hearing anything about paid server transfers.

See, this is what baffles me. People complain and cry about faction balance for PvP and raiding, yet here they are on brand new realms, all flocking to the one with the highest amount for their faction. Its the same issue people have been wanting Blizzard to solve for a very long time. They threw fits about how the server merges should fix faction imbalances.

Now here they are, 100% able to try to make balanced factions, but they all flock to 1 or 2 realms for the faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunargho View Post
    Source? I don't doubt that they will open transfers to consolidate as the servers populations go down - but I don't recall hearing anything about paid server transfers.
    There will not be tokens in classic WoW, but they will support realm transfer in Classic through the current in game service structure.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...age=3#comments

Scroll up after clicking the link. I borked the link.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2019-08-26 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    There will not be tokens in classic WoW, but they will support realm transfer in Classic through the current in game service structure.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...age=3#comments

Scroll up after clicking the link. I borked the link.
    Well I'll be, thanks for that!
    I honestly think that is a poor decision, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    38k out of 200k is still less than 25% of the population.
    Polls for elections are done based on like 1% of the population and they're normally within 1-5% of the actual results. You don't need to get 100%, or even 50%, of the population to get a reasonable guess of what way people will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    See, this is what baffles me. People complain and cry about faction balance for PvP and raiding, yet here they are on brand new realms, all flocking to the one with the highest amount for their faction. Its the same issue people have been wanting Blizzard to solve for a very long time. They threw fits about how the server merges should fix faction imbalances.

Now here they are, 100% able to try to make balanced factions, but they all flock to 1 or 2 realms for the faction.
    I don't know what you're looking at but most of them are close enough to even

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I don't know what you're looking at but most of them are close enough to even
    It'll get worse. One is already at 75% for alliance and 68% alliance. One is 65% horde. Close right now doesn't mean much since with the numbers being know, and the popular destinations being known, more and more will flock there for one side. As we already see. It makes it so much easier to be on a realm with a high number on the same faction for many reasons.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The spreadsheet is not based on name reservation but on players doing the survey which in-fact is even worse. The Shazzrah and Gehennas Discord servers have encouraged players to claim they are Spanish and are going to play on Firemaw here in the EU for some stupid reason.

And that's the problem, many people are stupid and childish making surveys like these not all that reliable. If it was taken from name reservations we would at least know it was based on some facts and not just people typing in whatever they feel like typing in.

I still belive most people is answering thoughtfully but many people don't. Not to mention how new servers is being opened all the time so many people might have changed since they did the survey and most won't go and edit their answers to reflect this etc..

I'm also very sceptical about the current server statuses. We have three name reservations, most people will use all three on different servers in order to not lock their preferred name onto one server just in case. I have changed servers on my two additional reservations three times in order to have them on servers not listed as being full, but if many people do this the not full servers will become full as well as a result of this. Currently all servers are listed as full, but I bet most people are more likely to have at least one, if not two reservations on servers they are not really intended to play on skewing the numbers immensely.

And all of this will just become much worse in 10 hours when Blizzard is lifting the limitations so people can just start reserving names on all servers.

This doc has been around for months.

This doc is not reliable, nothing is "revealed", why are you trying to bait?

can't base anything on name reservation anyways, most people probably just made a char with whatever popped up first in char creation just to lock it in.

It's not based on name reservations, it's based on a user survey.

They shouldve made 1 login server and force faction balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It'll get worse. One is already at 75% for alliance and 68% alliance. One is 65% horde. Close right now doesn't mean much since with the numbers being know, and the popular destinations being known, more and more will flock there for one side. As we already see. It makes it so much easier to be on a realm with a high number on the same faction for many reasons.
    There's no reason to believe anything you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    There's no reason to believe anything you just said.
    Except the fact that that's exactly what happened in the current version of wow, and what is already happening on these realms. Its not a matter of what you want to beleive. Its a matter of the facts that it will get worse. Especially on PvP realms where having more people on your side means less time being ganked and "maybe" more who can help fend off a gank.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Based on name reservation I don’t think this is rock solid but it is a really great indicator.

I’m really surprised there isn’t a Horde PVP realm in the 70+%’s. It seems to be how things shake out in retail.
    Well
    Paladins
    A few strong racials
    Fear ward

Really only reasoning for alliance over horde because shamans don't have blessings and there's no blelves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    They shouldve made 1 login server and force faction balance.
    That's retarded

Removing choice in the name of "fairness"

Herod looks best.