Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Theyll rerelease boring ass okami 50099 times but not viewtiful joe
    Tfw Davidson is never in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pretty good down port all things considered, not a shit show like I expected. Definitely better then the Doom and Wolfenstein ports people talked up IMO, and full game on cart. Might buy it eventually just for the effort they put into it even though I don't really have 200 hours to invest into the game again lol.
    Impressive. I think the likes of 2K could learn a thing or two from this after their absolutely laughable port of WWE 2K18.

I doubt I'll get it for Switch though. I tend to avoid double dipping if I have the game on PC already.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    @Vineri Don't waste your time trying to discuss anything or argue with Tech; you'll never win even if he loses. His reading comprehension is lacking and/or he will twist around anything you say to suit his own agenda. I understood what you were getting at by your first FE Three Houses reference but obviously he didn't.
    We've had our issues ... but ...

I always enjoy a challenge :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Then there is Dragon Quest Builders 2 ...

What a hoot.

People complain about how they don't have enough time to play a creativity game. I just /chuckle. It's obviously not for everyone.

[IMO Marvel Alliance 3 was a stinker, poo ] ... [3 houses was a B+] (strategic combat is a win, hell I'm in an XCOM-UFO DEFENSE campaign) ... there just isn't enough meat on the bone...

(Three Houses - too much dialog bullshit, IMO.)
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-08-23 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Three Houses - too much dialog bullshit, IMO
    Imagine buying an RPG and being mad it has too much story. Let alone in one where all of it is skipable if you honestly wanted to do that lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    We've had our issues ... but ...

I always enjoy a challenge :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Then there is Dragon Quest Builders 2 ...

What a hoot.

People complain about how they don't have enough time to play a creativity game. I just /chuckle. It's obviously not for everyone.

[IMO Marvel Alliance 3 was a stinker, poo ] ... [3 houses was a B+] (strategic combat is a win, hell I'm in an XCOM-UFO DEFENSE campaign) ... there just isn't enough meat on the bone...

(Three Houses - too much dialog bullshit, IMO.)
    I still have to 100% the dragon quest island area. But...then i still have to finish fire emblem 3H. (2 paths left)

Just finished the main story in BOTW. Honestly, for a game I thought I didn't like much I ended up putting in 70+ hours and am kind of sad it's done. In hindsight I think it had some of the best gameplay I've ever played. It was just fun even though the story was very very light and the weapon break system was annoying.

Now I plan on either starting Mario Odyssey or Fire Emblem Three Houses!

Actually, I might just end up exploring and grinding a bit more in BOTW. I can't get it off my mind now after I called it super boring when I first started playing it!
    Last edited by Tikishock; 2019-08-24 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Just finished the main story in BOTW. Honestly, for a game I thought I didn't like much I ended up putting in 70+ hours and am kind of sad it's done. In hindsight I think it had some of the best gameplay I've ever played. It was just fun even though the story was very very light and the weapon break system was annoying.

Mario is shorter (if you dont go starcollection), but FE3H needs to be played over 4 times for 100% finish. I also recomend Octopath traveler (you can get it on pc now) or Xenoblade chornicles 2 (+ Torna -- but you have to play this after main as its very spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Mario is shorter (if you dont go starcollection), but FE3H needs to be played over 4 times for 100% finish. I also recomend Octopath traveler (you can get it on pc now) or Xenoblade chornicles 2 (+ Torna -- but you have to play this after main as its very spoiler)
    Thanks for the recommendations. I actually already played XC2 and loved it. I'm probably going to dive into Fire Emblem now as I believe it will more than likely have a great story which I'm craving right now!

I tried the demo for Octopath and it's not for me--especially for a full price retail game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that hacking community is hilarios (beware of some spoilers FE3H):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK0zvPhcd00
    Death Knight loli...
    (its a randomizer mod that totaly changes characters in story)

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post

Actually, I might just end up exploring and grinding a bit more in BOTW. I can't get it off my mind now after I called it super boring when I first started playing it!
    Everyone will agree there, weapon system not the best but when you unlock more slots with korok seeds it feels fun to have such a large arsenal of weapons, who wouldn't want more story? also Dungeons not the best that is what everyone would love to see more of in BotW 2, OoT/aLttP style dungeons and dungeon items.

If you haven't tried the DLC i cannot tell from your post, it's quite fun and challenging not the longest i'd say maybe 10-15 hours, but i did spend like 120 hours exploring in normal mode only to stop when i heard of master mode and probably spent near 200 hours exploring, doing all shrines, the biggest issue with master mode is the start is brutal the game feels so challenging normal mobs feel scary unless you're a master of dodging/parrying even then you'll struggle even more with weapon durability, but as the game progresses it feels easier and easier even Except golden mobs those have some crazy health pools and scary damage, bring a small arsenal for your first golden lynel lol.

Couple of folks i know who work at or run store that either stock games or are videogame stores all said Astral Chain is sold out on preorders. I was honestly expecting a good game that would sell like shit but maybe Platinums got a new IP thats going to come out on top for the first time in a hot minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Couple of folks i know who work at or run store that either stock games or are videogame stores all said Astral Chain is sold out on preorders. I was honestly expecting a good game that would sell like shit but maybe Platinums got a new IP thats going to come out on top for the first time in a hot minute.
    How can they sell out pre-orders? Isn't that the entire point of physical pre-orders, that they can't sell out..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    How can they sell out pre-orders? Isn't that the entire point of physical pre-orders, that they can't sell out..?
    They still need to have enough copies available to them to actually deliver those pre-orders they get. That's not always the case.

Ever worked retail?

Even pre-ordering there is a set number that can be reached and once its reached that's it. For smaller named titles the amount is normally around 20-30, Sometimes even less.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon always runs out of copys for limited editions And worst part is they usualy only have max 1 in stock.

Anything physical can sell out. Especially with Nintendo who will never overship game(part of the reason their games almost never get deep discounts). Fire Emblem was sold out almost everywhere for over a week before stock caught up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the FE situation happen again here, when Nintendo underestimates what the game will sell physically it's not like that can magically pull more carts out of their ass(especially bad for any country not named Japan since ALL Switch Game Cards are made in Japan and have to be shipped from Japan to wherever they're sold). If you want Astral Chain physically, hopefully you do have it preordered somewhere or are willing to go to a walmart style store early. If the game blows up which it very well might, especially with Nintendo lifting the embargo on monday it could be a week or 2 before stock catches up.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-25 at 07:34 PM.

It's possible [a retailer can sell out] .. a retailer knows how many games to purchase, based on pre-orders.

If you are speaking of digital pre-orders, then .. yes, whoever you are dealing with is full of Shit. [[digital is garbage anyways, no pre-order required]]

I believe people are speaking in the context of physical though, at least where conversation exists.

People pre-order physical, which sells out. People who pre-order digital are loony toons, IMO.

In the case of GameStop, it's really just HOW they DIVY the physical copies. If they get a distributor license for 10,000 copies .. they send them off, based on demand.. more here, less there, BASED on DEMAND.

If you pre-order, in theory, at least one more copy will get sent to "your" store.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-08-26 at 01:46 AM.

Imagine buying an RPG and being mad it has too much story. Let alone in one where all of it is skipable if you honestly wanted to do that lmao.
    Because no matter how good a story is if the gameplay isn't to someone's liking then, yes, they probably won't like the game. I am in that boat. I honestly could care less about the story in a game, any game.... These are GAMES, so I want gameplay. If I want a good story I will read a book. That's kind of the point of video games, they are about having fun playing a game. The important thing in an RPG is the level/character (or at least sense) of progression and combat/gameplay. That's why games like Diablo are played so long by so many people; it's definitely not because of the story

@Vineri I haven't even finished one story line in Three Houses and I'm starting to lose interest...

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Because no matter how good a story is if the gameplay isn't to someone's liking then, yes, they probably won't like the game. I am in that boat.
    Except dude literally said he liked the game and gameplay but it "had too much dialogue" in a game where you can literally hit + and it skips every ounce of dialogue. Context is important before trying to reply to someone with a gotcha moment. Ah now I remember why you're in ignore and had to click on your post lol. Oh wait now I remember you're the guy that said adults shouldn't be playing Pokemon right? Ah yes, it all makes sense now.

Chances are FE Three Houses isn't an adult enough game for you. Probably lacks a big burly man with an assault rifle doing his best rambo impersonation, that's what adults play right? Later dude.

Probably lacks a big burly man with an assault rifle doing his best rambo impersonation
    Is there a game like this out on Switch? If so, I would like to play it...

Ok, enough of me being a smart butt.

I started playing Fire Emblem Three Houses and I feel really really lost. I've managed to win the first few battles but still have little to no idea on what's going on, what i should focus on, what stats I should pay attention to. It's just a lot of information that I think is going to take me a lot of time to understand comfortably.

In case people want to know--I ended up picking Golden Deer.