Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will we see the rise of 30-40 boxers again in AV?

This is coming from someone who use to multi-box all the time in original and up until WOTLK but even I want to see a crackdown on people who will be boxing. Will we see a rise in the old 40-50 boxer players like we did back then?

40man Boxer in AV?

That's called an easy win.

nobody did that many

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    This is coming from someone who use to multi-box all the time in original and up until WOTLK but even I want to see a crackdown on people who will be boxing. Will we see a rise in the old 40-50 boxer players like we did back then?
    Why do you feel that you need to dictate what other people do for fun? Why is it your job to be the fun police. I hope I never meet someone like you in game because I am trying to stay away from all of the Classic toxicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why do you feel that you need to dictate what other people do for fun? Why is it your job to be the fun police. I hope I never meet someone like you in game because I am trying to stay away from all of the Classic toxicity.
    Pretty sure we wont. I dont see the point of having to to tab into each instance of the game to fire a spell.

Because - as we all know - automation is against the tos. And sending keystrokes to different isntances of the game from 1 keystroke is automation

Why the hell would someone multibox 30 accounts in AV? It would be a guaranteed loss for them.

- - - Updated - - -

"wahh wahh TOXIC!!!"

he says, after freaking out at someone for daring to express an opinion he disagrees with

I just didnt think AV was originally designed for one person to be 40 of the players. That became a big deal back in BC-near Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Pretty sure we wont. I dont see the point of having to to tab into each instance of the game to fire a spell.

Because - as we all know - automation is against the tos. And sending keystrokes to different isntances of the game from 1 keystroke is automation
    Multiboxing has always been perfectly legal. An addon with automation isn't possible, but nothing prevents you from sending a single keystroke to multiple clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    nobody did that many
    Actually someone did.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

People are allowed to multi box now. Some rule changes did complicate how they could do it, but blizzard didn't stop it. The money and resources required to do it at the scale of 40 is the real reason we won't see it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

nobody did that many
    Prepared - Aegwynn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2P8qLEMOOM
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...omputer_setup/
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

I think its more about the effect it has on the other players when they encounter a multiboxer, not what other people do for fun. I dont really have a problem with 40 man multiboxers in AV though, that seems like an easy win.

1-2 people who did this in the past means nothing... OP is acting like it was common. Which it was not.

1-2 people who did this in the past means nothing... OP is acting like it was common. Which it was not.
    1>0

BG's will be cross-realm. 1 guy doing it will touch everyone in a region.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

i'd be a lot more scared of someone multiboxing 5 rogues in AV than someone mulitiboxing 30+ chars.

i'd 100% try to charge intimidating shout the 30+ blob though.

It’d be a lot of fun to do but so much dang work.

Sure anything you targeted would die immediately but literally everything out of sight would be uncontested.

The rea question is how the /follow command will work and whether 1 keypress can go to 40 clients is allowed. If either of those don’t work it’s not practical.

$15 x40 = $600/month...you can get a real nice car for that too
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    People are allowed to multi box now. Some rule changes did complicate how they could do it, but blizzard didn't stop it. The money and resources required to do it at the scale of 40 is the real reason we won't see it.
    Not sure what part of my post had people confused with multiboxing being illegal, its not and never has been.

BUT

Sending keystrokes to multiple instances of wow with 1 keystroke is considered automation.So the only way to actually play this is to set up different macros for each seperate instance(which is why people usually 2-5 man and not more then that, or simply control one at the time.

I cant believe people actually dont know this today

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Multiboxing has always been perfectly legal. An addon with automation isn't possible, but nothing prevents you from sending a single keystroke to multiple clients.
    Automation certainly is possible, and its very easy. However blizzard has very good software for detecting that kind of stuff now. ANd yes, if you by 1 keystroke can make several characters do something, thats automation. Sorry

Not sure what part of my post had people confused with multiboxing being illegal, its not and never has been.

BUT

Sending keystrokes to multiple instances of wow with 1 keystroke is considered automation.So the only way to actually play this is to set up different macros for each seperate instance(which is why people usually 2-5 man and not more then that, or simply control one at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Automation certainly is possible, and its very easy. However blizzard has very good software for detecting that kind of stuff now. ANd yes, if you by 1 keystroke can make several characters do something, thats automation. Sorry
    Automation or not, it's not against the TOS

BUT

- - - Updated - - -

Your definition of automation is not the same as Blizzards definition. They have been on record saying that multiboxers' addons pushing keystrokes to each client is not automation. 1 keypress = 1 action, and that action can be sent to all toons, and is not considered automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    I just didnt think AV was originally designed for one person to be 40 of the players. That became a big deal back in BC-near Legion.
    Dude, if the entire AV raid is at the same place, you're guaranteed to lose. 10 people multibox can be pretty powerful, but 30 or 40 and you're fucking yourself over really badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    1>0

BG's will be cross-realm. 1 guy doing it will touch everyone in a region.
    And he'll beat exactly nobody. AV is not that simple.