I could have sworn growing up we had a villain on Captain Planet who was orange who wanted to nuke everything? Well it turns out that Hurricanes need to taste some of that nuclear justice.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/polit...nes/index.html

Also i am not really a fan of CNN but stumbled across it while doing my morning readings and with a good laugh i figured this is the best place to share this gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Also i am not really a fan of CNN
    CNN didn't break the story. You're good.

Of course, with FOX News on the way out of Trump's favor, I see zero reasons why CNN can't be back in the mix. I mean, once you say FOX News is also fake -- which he damn near did a few times now -- there's no distinctions, and you can cite whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

So with the world --

*DING*

Oh, look, another GOP member just retired to spend more time with his family.

After eight and a half years, the time has come for me to focus more on the reason we fight these battles — family
    -- Rep. Duffy (R-70s Show)

"So, he's not running for re-election?"

Nope, he's just flat-out giving his notice and leaving.

On September 23, I will step down and allow others to step forward to begin laying out their own vision and plans for leading this beautiful district and the most honest, hard-working, family-oriented, patriotic, and God-fearing constituents in America
    To be fair, Duffy, an MTV Real World alumnus, does have eight children and his wife is pregnant. And if you're asking "well what's so special between 8 and 9 kids that would cause that to be the line?" the answer is "a congenital heart defect". Oh, and Trump's plunging electability. But mostly the heart defect. He says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's great, but the original statement was that Trump has been elected because of that. Was he?
    Oh, I see... I am taking the above as a conceding this:

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    My question was: how exactly does this mean that Trump has been elected due to Russian interference? You answered a different question. What's the answer to my question?
    I expect you to not ask this question again or admit you are being disingenuous...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Trump just call himself an environmentalist.
    I think I know more about the environment than most people
    He said that today, explaining why he missed the meeting on the environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sounds like the ol, affluenza strikes again...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's ok, he was just busy hatching plans to nuke the environment.

Don't you feel safe that we have a President that knows everything.

/sarcasm
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's ok, he was just busy hatching plans to nuke the environment.
    I'm one coffee too low to have caught that. Yes, Trump asked about nuking hurricanes then said he was an environmentalist who knew more than most people. He denies the former, but, considering the GOP is defending him on that, it no longer matters.

"I want a spectacular country with jobs, with pensions, with so many things. And that’s what we’re getting."

This might be one of the most out of touch things he's said. I hope I get a pension (and $12 a year health insurance) with my new coal mining job.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2019-08-26 at 05:12 PM.

I'm one covfefe too low to have caught that.
    Fixed that for you : P

I'm one coffee too low to have caught that. Yes, Trump asked about nuking hurricanes then said he was an environmentalist who knew more than most people.
    I'm sure there are topics he knows more about than most people. Like his taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So not only did Trump claim...ah fuck it, just read.

Reporters noticed at the start of the session that the US president’s chair was empty.

"Well, now we know why Heston was debating an empty chair. He knew one would run for President."

Trump was later asked by reporters covering a meeting with the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, whether he had attended the climate session. He replied: “We’re having it in a little while.” He did not appear to hear when a reporter told him it had just taken place.

The French president, Emmanuel Macron, confirmed Trump had not personally attended the climate session but that Trump’s team had been present.
    Bolded for "it doesn't matter if he heard the reporter or not, does it?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Have yourselves some cringe.
    So, "Nimm sie an der Katze"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    You're fucking joking, right?
    Is this what you'd like to see?
    Person A: "2+2 = 0"
    Person B: "2+2 = 4"
    News: "2+2 = 2"

Being objective doesn't mean splitting the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about Kim Davis.

"Who?"

Oh, right, it's been a while. Remember that in Kentucky (because of course it's Kentucky) there was a clerk who violated federal law and denied a marriage application because it was against God's word?

"Oh right, yeah. I forgot about her."

Well, I can name two hundred twenty-four thousand reasons why her name is back in the news.

A federal appeals court on Friday upheld a lower court ruling awarding $224,000 in attorney’s fees and costs in the case of couples who were refused marriage licenses by former Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis.

A panel of the U.S. 6th Circuit Court in Cincinnati agreed with a lower court that the state of Kentucky is responsible for paying the legal costs to the American Civil Liberties Union.

“The Court of Appeals correctly found that April Miller and the other ACLU clients prevailed by forcing the former Clerk to abandon her unlawful policy of withholding marriage licenses from the public,” said William E. Sharp, cooperating attorney for the ACLU of Kentucky. “By affirming the sizeable fee award, the Court also sent a strong message to other government officials in Kentucky that it is not only unconstitutional to use public office to impose one’s personal religious views on others, but that it also can be a very expensive mistake.”
    "I suppose the pardon will happen any second."

Nope. This was a federal crime, and Trump sold her out long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Is this what you'd like to see?
    Person A: "2+2 = 0"
    Person B: "2+2 = 4"
    News: "2+2 = 2"

Being objective doesn't mean splitting the difference.
    Or, as this comic depicts:
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that German for what I think it is?
    Nope. I toned it down. I wouldn't use such language, who do you think I am, the Chosen One second coming of God?

I enjoy that the G7 has largely turned into a toddler day-care center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    You're fucking joking, right?
    How on Earth is that something that isn't obvious?

If Person A says "2+2=4", and Person B says "2+2=6", a journalist reporting needs be saying "A is right, B is wrong; 2+2 equals 4."

Taking a "middle stance" and saying "both have good points, perhaps 2+2 is closer to 5" is being dishonest and irrational; it's an appeal to a false middle.

Neutrality is about assessing the facts as they lie. Not finding a false middle between opposing viewpoints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that German for what I think it is?
    No, that's a cat. I think a more proper translation would be "Pack sie bei der Muschi." (Choice of preposition intended)