Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    So they are expecting 10% retention. They are in for a shock on realms like Gehennas or Firemaw, where half of the Pserver population rolled.
    Or rather, we are in for 6+ months of 2+ hour queues.
    Hell Herod was instantly filled two weeks ago before the game opened, and it sure ain't the casual tourists that do that.
    It's going to be a loooooooooong while before Herod ever leaves high status.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    After reading the interview I can say that I find this title misleading

Essentially ion said the reason why they aren't boosting realm caps is because it would be a bigger strain on the 30k cap servers and would make running even a single layer difficult

The reason they aren't just making a ton of extra servers is because it would spread people out too much and create dead servers

They expect a large drop off and already plan on cutting layers down after a couple days

So in a sense yeah it's intentional but not due to the reason most assume
    ofc they are.

how couldnt they when overwhelming majority of players experience so far is : "logged in , lagged out ,took 10 minutes to kill 1 boar/wolf, cba to deal with it in 2019 , logged off and went to play better games"

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    logged off and went to play better games
    Let's be honest, this would be the result even without ques or lag for most people.

The reason the demand is so high is because it's a heavily hyped even that only costs $15 to partake in. If these people had to buy a new $60 game the demand wouldn't be anywhere close. The majority of the people hopping on the hype train will always find it's not for them and immediately jump off- and thus continues their vicious cycle of letting other people tell them what is good instead of forming their own likes and opinions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gorgodeus
    It doesn't have shit to do with saving money.
    In fact, solution was proposed, but it was somewhat more complicated, which means it was more expensive (saving money?) to implement. But since they first allowed preliminary names reservation (a little money grab, small preliminary cash deposit, since this was only available for active accounts, on basis of these data, at least, they could presume number of interested people, and maybe they even did so, but result doesn't look very noticeable) and announced servers names, it became clear that nothing interesting would come of it (layers never looked like a good solution, and what is happening now only proves it, also it's only the beginning). So, those, who're smarter, decided to wait for layers "departure", we have been waiting for so many years, we will wait a little more. On the other hand, I have to confess (regarding same link), I also didn't expect such influx of “impatient” ones, but queues aren't such a bad way to “cool off" those tourists *looking at posts above* which ones have no place in Classic... so, probably, there is a silver lining

ps. Without looking at fact that I don’t see anything unusual and bad here, I’m rather in a “laughing boat” at this moment. But it's okay, we will play Classic when it becomes one, and the sooner this happens, the better

(also, friend said, that some people reported "retail's" undead run animation, which is much more concerning to me!)
    <<PRE-DELUGE
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-29 at 08:32 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ofc they are.

how couldnt they when overwhelming majority of players experience so far is : "logged in , lagged out ,took 10 minutes to kill 1 boar/wolf, cba to deal with it in 2019 , logged off and went to play better games"
    You act like this is something new when in reality it was indeed and for a while was the experience that a lot of people had during any launch day for a world of Warcraft expansion from vanilla to at least mists of pandaria warlords of draenor was also fairly similar but that was cleared up in a matter of hours

Heck even BFA had a problem with a few realms

But they believe there will be a drop-off simply because of the nature of the game it's not a drop off because of server cubes because let's face facts guys if you're going to wait 7 hours in a f****** q then you have an issue I'm lucky I had to work when the game launched so I saw a lot of people complaining about these tend 14-hour login cues and I come home and my realm which is a realm where a large community from podcasts to streamers log into was on medium I logged in had a bit of an issue with getting any kind of kills simply due to the amount of people that were there in that chard were in that layer whatever you want to call it and I figured it would be better to just wait

I logged in played a couple minutes logged out went to BFA did my stuff on there to wrap up the week had a little bit of fun on some alts then logged off and went back to making stuff for D&D and debating whether I should create a fake expansion leak or not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Let's be honest, this would be the result even without ques or lag for most people.

The reason the demand is so high is because it's a heavily hyped even that only costs $15 to partake in. If these people had to buy a new $60 game the demand wouldn't be anywhere close. The majority of the people hopping on the hype train will always find it's not for them and immediately jump off- and thus continues their vicious cycle of letting other people tell them what is good instead of forming their own likes and opinions.
    I really don't get the people that will brag about sitting in the queue for 6 hours I mean they have to realize that when they finally get in the game's going to be extremely laggy and the giant mess right because honestly you can't expect to login to the game and it worked perfectly and you have an easy time with everything in fact I know exactly what's going to happen when these people get in

they wait the four five six hours for q get in and then the server lags because so many people are still in that starting area because you have one starting area for each race so you have a difficult time tagging mobs then you also had a difficult time getting quest drops and then maybe maybe within an hour you're able to reach level 7 and once you get past that starting area things become a little easier for you because you're going to weed out the players that log off immediately but as I've seen just in general chat in northshire people will b**** and say they do not know how blizzard f*** this up so bad that the game is lagging so much

because honestly you can give players a magical hat that will give them the perfect gaming experience and they will still bitching about the color of the hat I get that people want to play day one I get that I really do you don't want to fall that far behind but right now there's so much f****** hype around it maybe just take a day off if there's a f****** server queue it's Monday night go out do something

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    He might not be here to make the announcement

This much interest in classic is a damning strike again Ion
    It really isn't. It's a hype thing that they were planning for a while now. The conclusion will be in the retention down the line.