Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    What reason do you have for logging into both games at once?
    Sitting in the queue in BfA while playing Classic? I pretty much always have BfA opened, but play something else while I'm waiting or sitting around somewhere. If I can't use Classic for that I probably won't play it.

Also - the dumbest thing is being denied to play BfA for hours while waiting in queue for Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it odd given that a person can have both the retail and PTR clients running on the same account with no issues.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    You can't login to two different characters or realms at the same time either. Why would this be any different?
    because its different games. you can log ov, hots, hs, wow retail, wow ptr and wow beta at the same time - so why not classic too?

Answer: MONEY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You've never been able to play two different characters on the same WoW Account
    Its not the same WOW Account....one is called WoW the other is called CLASSIC in your launcher.
    Last edited by tmamass; 2019-08-27 at 01:28 AM.

At the very least you should be able to play the real game while waiting in queue for classic. Queue is almost 2 hours for me, so I'm on my main doing keys.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Yea, 'different' games, shouldn't share a login permission.

It's like playing Hearthstone and WoW at same time... you should be able to play both. There's plenty of dead-time on the games for it to be practical.

That said, i'm playing TFT or Divinity instead, so, fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Sitting in the queue in BfA while playing Classic? I pretty much always have BfA opened, but play something else while I'm waiting or sitting around somewhere. If I can't use Classic for that I probably won't play it.

Also - the dumbest thing is being denied to play BfA for hours while waiting in queue for Classic.
    Oh that makes sense. I can't really think of any reason why this shouldn't be made possible.

Because we would just play retail while we still in a 1-3 hour + queue and Blizzard doesn't want that for some reason.

I mean why would Blizzard want people to play retail?

It's almost like Blizzard wants retail to die. I'd rather wait in queue than play retail. If I had the option I'd be doing world quest and doing keys while I sat in queue.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-08-27 at 02:07 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    because its different games. you can log ov, hots, hs, wow retail, wow ptr and wow beta at the same time - so why not classic too?

You're paying one subscription for both though. Of course the answer is money. Why on earth would that be a surprise?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only reason it's not "any different" is because Blizzard has set it up that way. Classic is a completely separate version of the game.
    Right. And that's the way it is. Coming here to complain about it just so much more bellyaching
    I'm a crazy taco.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not the same WOW Account....one is called WoW the other is called CLASSIC in your launcher.
    It is the same Account. You get access to Classic as part of your WoW Subscription....

This really isn't that complicated a thing to understand.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-08-27 at 03:34 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd get into this really convoluted thing about account services, values of services, etc., but it sums up to this:
    It's not cost effective to make this work. And the biggest pain point being brought up in this thread (wanting to play BFA while in the Classic queue) is projected to be a temporary thing.
    It's the first day of Classic. Relax, or just hop onto the new realms that have been popping up all day.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, 'different' games, shouldn't share a login permission.

It's like playing Hearthstone and WoW at same time... you should be able to play both. There's plenty of dead-time on the games for it to be practical.

That said, i'm playing TFT or Divinity instead, so, fuck it.
    I'll use this quote as an example. They're 'different' games, but they're interconnected because you get both with a single subscription.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I booted myself from, like, 9000th in line because I figured I'd catch up on some Mecha/Nazjatar dailies while I waited. I have 3 monitors so it's not big deal to pay attention to both game instances, but woopsie I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Are they fuckin serious this is so dumb...why would they make it like that?!?!?

I was logged in chillin an tried to login to retail an got kicked now im in a fuckin 15k Q like omfg
    You can play both Classic and Retail at the same time if you pay two subs. If you pay one sub you can only play one game at the time. It's simple,

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    You're paying one subscription for both though. Of course the answer is money. Why on earth would that be a surprise?
    no, you pay sub for retail and classic is just a freebie - so yes you should be able to log into classic while being in retail as they share ZERO data except the login, which - shocker - hs also does...

I agree there are issues with allowing it, but it still really sucks. It discourages me from playing Classic (and maybe others vice-versa). There's too much to farm and complete in Retail still, whereas Classic will be launching on repeat for the next decade. There will be TBC/Wrath/MOP/BFA servers eventually. There will be Classic locked servers. Wrath locked servers. They will have it every way, which way sooner or later.

I guess the fix is for me to just load up a Classic-only account. There's no benefit to using my Retail account to play Classic, other than bnet balance (which could be a big deal, i guess). But the $15 extra might be worth to some to be able to play both.

no, you pay sub for retail and classic is just a freebie - so yes you should be able to log into classic while being in retail as they share ZERO data except the login, which - shocker - hs also does...
    Okay, why should you be able to? Because you want to?

You have paid exactly nothing to play Classic, so why should you be the one to dictate the terms of the arrangement here? Why should you be able to log into Retail and Classic at the same time just because you want to, but player B not be able to log into two different Retail characters at the same time?

It's so that the dumb shits in my raid actually pay attention to the raid and not suddenly start playing classic after their 5 hour queue half way into the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I do find it odd given that a person can have both the retail and PTR clients running on the same account with no issues.
    But you AREN'T running them on the same account. You use the same b.net account, but PTR has its own separate WoW account. Retail and Classic WoW, however, share the same WoW account.

If it's possible to login multiple times w/ the same WoW account, multiboxers wouldn't need to use and pay for multiple WoW accounts.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-08-27 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    At the very least you should be able to play the real game while waiting in queue for classic. Queue is almost 2 hours for me, so I'm on my main doing keys.
    My guildmate suggested that you can play BFA during the queue as you arent "in game", but when it fully logs you in past the queue, you get kicked from BFA.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Because you are playing on the same account.
    You can't log on the same account twice.
    And yet we can run WoW and D3/SC/OW at the same time.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation