Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    And yet we can run WoW and D3/SC/OW at the same time.
    Because those games don't use WoW accounts, duh.

The only acc they share is your b.net acc. You can have multiple WoW accounts on the same b.net acc and log in on each of them w/o any issues, that's how multiboxing works. You, however, can't log in on the same WoW acc multiple times, if you try, you get kicked out.

Classic and retail WoW use the same WoW account for logging in. You pay one sub fee for one account for both versions of WoW.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-08-27 at 08:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it wouldn't replicate the genuine vanilla experience.

The time waiting to do things (forming groups etc) is the primary breeding ground for social interactions.

If people are AFK on retail while their party forms in Classic, how is that any different to queuing in Dungeon Finder while you do world quests?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Because it wouldn't replicate the genuine vanilla experience.

The time waiting to do things (forming groups etc) is the primary breeding ground for social interactions.

If people are AFK on retail while their party forms in Classic, how is that any different to queuing in Dungeon Finder while you do world quests?
    Between this and Blizzard intentionally disabling the queue replication addon, it's almost like the playerbase doesn't actually care about community anymore no matter what they claim.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    We did it everyone. We have successfully complained about every aspect of retail and classic. There certainly can't be anything else to whine about after this "reason".
    You'd think that ... Now watch him complain that he can't login to 2 different servers with the same account. They are different servers after all.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think they want to avoid situation when someone that play only live shares account with someone that want to play only classic.
    That's why and that's just normal.... You wanna play both ? Get 2 accounts

Well it wouldn't be a Real vanilla experience if you could do something interesting during the long waiting queue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Between this and Blizzard intentionally disabling the queue replication addon, it's almost like the playerbase doesn't actually care about community anymore no matter what they claim.
    It's almost like they think they did but they don't...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Are they fuckin serious this is so dumb...why would they make it like that?!?!?

I was logged in chillin an tried to login to retail an got kicked now im in a fuckin 15k Q like omfg
    They do it because all players would queue this way and there would even be longer queues. On top there would be thousand of afk players in retail that would worsen the experience for active players.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    This actually is a small problem which people replying here dont seem to understand. Theres plenty of reasons why you would want to have both games up at the same time. For instance, you are queuing for raid finder or waiting for your mythic+ group to fill on retail. Or maybe the role is reversed. Waiting for a dungeon group to fill, already at the stone. Gives you a fair bit of time to do dailies on retail.

Now what do you do? Sounds like quite a mundane task where you would be better off playing something else at the same time. Id gladly spend sometime alt tabbing between the 2 games so I dont have to wait around.
    Maybe thats a design choice to reduce amount of people standing around afk?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Maybe thats a design choice to reduce amount of people standing around afk?
    Well people will be standing afk cofee, movie on second screen or on in other game. I did that back then.

You know it's a real vanilla experience when people defend design flaws as if they were game features.

They are two different games, so you should be able to have both opened and logged in at the same time, just as it happens with any other game from the launcher.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    In all fairness, I would love to be able to play retail while I wait in the queue.

A 15 min queue is OK, but if I have to wait for an hour, I'd like to be able to run a Mythic+ in the meantime. That said, I do understand that I am paying for a single subscription so I won't go on a complaining rampage like the OP, my average IQ allows me to understand the situation without resorting to shitposting.

Frankly, given my experience from FFXIV, the community decides to not wanting to interact with one another. Even if most DF groups are not very talkative, at least you generally see most people throwing in a greeting. That everyone is completely silent in WoW or just flings shit is mostly down to people wanting to be like that. In both games, if you want, you will find interaction with other players and let's be real here, the value of pseudo social interaction while looking for a group for hours is not exactly high on my value scale. It's not like you need people to reach max level either, I did most of my leveling back in the day alone and I only wanted to run dungeons to finish some quests that were clogging up my questlog. I wasn't exactly debating philosophy or sharing the pictures of my kids with the group when I nagged them to please pull that group over there for my quest..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, 'different' games, shouldn't share a login permission.

It's like playing Hearthstone and WoW at same time... you should be able to play both. There's plenty of dead-time on the games for it to be practical.

That said, i'm playing TFT or Divinity instead, so, fuck it.
    Technically they aren't different games. The classic servers sharing the same tech like the retail servers, so trying to login on retail and classic at the same time is like triying to login into EU-Kazzak and EU-Ragnaros at the same time.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Well people will be standing afk cofee, movie on second screen or on in other game. I did that back then.
    I said reduce, not eliminate afk, thats impossible.

There is no doubt that being able to play both would increase amount of people standing around afk waiting.

And yet we can run WoW and D3/SC/OW at the same time.
    Not on the same account. Sure, D3, SC and OW don't use your WoW account anyway, but still.

WoW accounts are not Battle.net accounts. PTR and Beta are seperate accounts from regular WoW and you can have up to 10(IIRC) WoW accounts to one b.net account, but they are not the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
    You can play different games on the same account simultaneously. I play WoW and Hearthstone at the same time.
    No, you can't. Hearthstone cannot be used with your WoW account.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
    You can play different games on the same account simultaneously. I play WoW and Hearthstone at the same time.
    Wow, you know that but fail to realize that hearthstone and WoW are 2 different games.

Imma rephrase my statement:
    You can't log onto the same wow account twice.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Are they fuckin serious this is so dumb...why would they make it like that?!?!?

I was logged in chillin an tried to login to retail an got kicked now im in a fuckin 15k Q like omfg
    they do this because of account sharing. I could play retail while my buddy plays classic, or vice versa while only having one sub fee

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Wow, you know that but fail to realize that hearthstone and WoW are 2 different games.

Imma rephrase my statement:
    You can't log onto the same wow account twice.
    That theory falls apart when I can be on Beta, PTR, and retail all at the same time if all three overlap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    That theory falls apart when I can be on Beta, PTR, and retail all at the same time if all three overlap.
    For the love of god, those are not the same accounts.

it's not a "theory" it is a fact.

Formerly known as Arafal