Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The faster your kind leaves the better, yalla yalla!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Odd, because the only people that I've seen being toxic is the anti-classic crowd lol. Everyone else doesn't care if people enjoy a game that they don't and just mind their own business instead of trying to tell people that they're wrong for enjoying something.
    That literally just means you've only paid attention to anti-classic crowd. Because any time there is a negative comment about Classic on forums, the person making the comments harassed and trolled. People wouldn't have been as vocal about their dislike of Classic if the Classic crew didn't constantly say shit about how Classic will kill retail, how people are "fucking casuals" for not enjoying the tedious grind, and just overall bashing the fuck out of people who prefer retail since Classic is a "real game".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post
    And my point is proven for the third time in this thread. Holy crap Classic fans are insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Odd, because the only people that I've seen being toxic is the anti-classic crowd lol. Everyone else doesn't care if people enjoy a game that they don't and just mind their own business instead of trying to tell people that they're wrong for enjoying something.
    I would like you to meet

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post

I'm really digging classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Hey guys. I gave Classic a good few hours. Its just too much of a grind. The nostalgia factor was there for a bit, I bought into the hype, but at the end of the day, retail has made me very lazy and I think im okay with that. Not to mention, all Classic managed to do for me was realize how spoiled I am now and I love it, and how much I really miss my friends from back in the day.
    Not surprised if you came mid-BC and haven't experienced what made vanilla good, such as a non xrealm server community. Obviously you are not going to have the motivation to grind it out if you are unaware of the good stuff.

That being said, surely a lot of people will react in the same way and when the hype dies down, many will quit for other games.

But considering the massive launch, it's pretty clear a lot of people who think they do actually do and J Allens famous statement is still as asinine and laughable as ever.

Yes, it's a grind. If you think 1-10 is bad, you will absolutely die between 40 and 50 lol!

But there are concrete goals. A mount at 40 (if you can save the 90g by then which is not trivial), level 60, an epic mount some day when you can amass the 900g required, new skills and a talent point at every level to motivate you, etc. Retail WoW has just too much stuff going on and it's too easy to really feel rewarding the way Vanilla did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    the Vanilla experience isn't good at all
    Yes, because games that aren't good at all do tend to become some of the most recognizable and best selling ones of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Yes, because games that aren't good at all do tend to become some of the most recognizable and best selling ones of all time
    Well, think we can thank EQ and other 2004 MMOs for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    kthxbye

classic is blast and its only for true players
    The people who say things like this are literally worse than the haters. You are an embarrassment to the Classic community, grow up.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Well, think we can thank EQ and other 2004 MMOs for that.
    Why? Because they were "worse"? Do you honestly think that's all original WoW had going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Why? Because they were "worse"? Do you honestly think that's all original WoW had going on?
    Original wow was the first casual MMO, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Wonder what you think the people screeching "GO BACK TO BFA!" "CAN'T WAIT TILL THE BFA KIDS LEAVE!" are...
    Look at this guy's post history regarding classic.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Just look at the I already miss BFA thread to see some fine examples of an OP getting crapped on..
    You post in this thread, so I expected that it was related to this thread, that's a bit disingenuous to refer a completely different thread that is not even in the same forum...
    And there are more pro or neutral classic posts in this thread than, out right hating ones..
    Well, let's just take the top 10 posts in this thread :

#1 is the OP.
    #2, #6 and #10 are people who don't agree with the OP but speak to him politely.
    #4 is someone who doesn't agree with the OP and is rude toward him.
    #9 is someone who doesn't like Classic but stays more or less on the civil side.
    #3 is a new account from a guy that was banned for trolling.
    #5, #7 and #8 are anti-Classic people with insulting manners.

So yeah, I rest my case. There is downright inverted proportions of toxic behaviour between people on the Classic side (1 rude vs 3 respectful) and people on the anti-Classic side (4 rude vs 1 respectful).
    And that's in the Classic forum, where you should expect people to be much more annoyed at anti-Classic negativity due to it being rampant for more than a year now. There is literally more anti-Classic trolls than actual Classic enthusiasts posting in a Classic thread, and that's the usual for month.

Yet somehow you draw from this that it's the Classic community which is toxic ? Wut ?
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-08-27 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nattwenny View Post
    Look at this guy's post history regarding classic.
    And you will find my post history taking the piss out of ridiculous arguments people make for classic, not taking a shit on classic

Thank you for letting us know not every game on the planet is for you and the touching diary entry that came along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    i have no idea who you are quoting in the title

anyways, thanks for sharing the insight!
    J. Allen Brack, BlizzCon 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    But considering the massive launch, it's pretty clear a lot of people who think they do actually do and J Allens famous statement is still as asinine and laughable as ever.
    It seems to me to be the opposite. Massive launch, huge (expected) fall-off. If the fall-off is as big as Blizz seems to be expecting, it would reinforce his statement.

People think they want it, so they come to the launch. They get slapped in the face at how bad it is, so they get out.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Enjoy.

I'm loving Classic after many hours already. Not looking back, and certainly not going back to BfA. Maybe I'll give the next expansion a shot, but Classic was everything I remember and so much better than Retail.

I'll enjoy as well.
    yeah so much better having 90% of available specs being total useless

classic was fine when it was released. Retail is so much better

I concur

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Don’t worry, Classic fan are just pissed to see that BFA is still running and that WoW retail has more year to come.While Classic on the other hand will go down from day 1.
    They are pissed that reatail will (still) continue.The wake up call is that the servers are not going down even if they stop playing.
    Give them their 5 minutes of glory, they deserve it
    I don't think you realise nobody gives a fuck about that. I wanna play classic, so I play classic. What's so fucking hard to understand? Just because you prefer one of the games doesn't mean you're talking shit about the other for no apparent reason. The fact that "retail" exists has no effect on my enjoyment of classic. Just shut the fuck up with these poor troll attempts at polarizing the playerbase for your own pathetic amusement.