Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    aushaushaushaushaushaushaushaushaushaush /pertinentreply
    Right? You'd think people would at least try not to sound like a stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    This is why they need to not re-do wrath. TBC would be reasonable, but it started going downhill in wrath. They almost course-corrected in Cataclysm, but then they willingly fucked it up.
    Remember what happened when they tried to go back to harder heroics? People complained like hell.

What happened when they made mythic+? People complained.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They're not. I was playing tonight for a few hours and general chat was a nightmare of people just being the biggest shitheads they possibly can be.
    So basically the community is also quite Vanilla. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really, no. Classic is STILL the museum, there is no progression, no development. Call it what you want but Classic is replay, it is a revisit to the past, and people enjoy it and some don't. To me, it'll always just be a museum.
    There is progression. You progress from lvl 1 to lvl 60. Then there are different phases. MC, BWL, ZG, AQ, Naxx. BfA is now a museum in that no one goes there lol. You can call it what you want but to me, Classic will always just be "a better game".

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well at least you have the guts to admit that. I respect that.

Meanwhile you got these "players" who pretend that all the inconveniences of classic make for fantastic, immersive gameplay, and would sooner eat their shit than admit they were wrong.

(There are also those who truely enjoy them, but they are a very small number, which we will soon see when classic servers drop in numbers after initial hype).
    Bingo. People keep using the word "immersive," but I don't think they know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    kthxbye

classic is blast and its only for true players
    How do you define a "true" player? Back in the day, WoW was seen as the MMO for babies with training wheels. Nowhere as hardcore as some of the other MMORPGS, buddies used to laugh at me for loving it so much.

World would be a much better place if people could just let people do the things they find fun (within reason) and not be fanatical crazy zealots about something as simple as a game.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    You don't get it, do you? There is no ENDGAME in Classics. You game almost from the start. Like Elvin is pretty much GAME ON.
    What don't I get?

I'm having entertainment enough just wandering around going, "I forgot all about that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    So the answer is "no". Quite expected TBH
    Where is the irony in my post? Blizzard made classic too? OMG. But unfortunately not ironic unless you insinuate something I did not say. There is no obligation to like BFA because you liked a previous incarnation of the game nor is there an obligation to hate classic because it is being released today by blizzard who made BFA, and blizzard finally caving in to provide a game we have all bought and paid for is because we want it certainly not ironic.

Not much left to work with, where is the irony?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Serious answer - you seem to gobble up everything now as you try to somehow push away a comment that holds no ill, nor even an attack on the game. Classic is a museum. Not a new game, not a new franchise. It is brought out so people can enjoy the past and live, or re-live the experience back then - or even just touring the halls in the name of nostalgia. People enjoy it all they want, and I am glad they do but doesn't change the fact that the servers don't close just right away, your access to the museum stays open.
    It is a simple question, really not asking why you think people want to play classic. Why are "retailers" so content on mudslinging with loaded terms like "classic is a museum- a term which you will be hard pressed to find attributed to any other type of game" because for whatever reason, they seem to enjoy the current xpac. That is not actually an achievement and shit, you may not like what they do next which will be a bit awkward.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

This topic is just proof that no one will like Classic WoW and everyone will stop playing it

As respectfully as possible -

I think you guys who are "spoiled and love it" are probably not reflecting closely on the word spoiled. It means to indicate a disordered affection for pleasure vis-a-vis a disregard for higher things. All those "extra mounts" are just meaningless polygons, and all that gear is purposeless purple upon purple... unless there's something behind them that's more interesting than the thing itself.

I find myself looking at my map for my quest tracker, noticing nothing is there, and then actually having to pay attention to the world. It feels uncomfortable for a short moment, but then very cool. The world feels "bigger than me" again. It's awesome.

Idk. Enjoy what you want. I think it's shortsighted, though, to call modern WoW's "conveniences" an unqualified good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneek View Post
    This topic is just proof that no one will like Classic WoW and everyone will stop playing it
    Your post is just proof that you hate classic and everyone should not play what you doesnt like.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Your post is just proof that you hate classic and everyone should not play what you doesnt like.
    Is that your easy escape to anyone who criticizes the classic hype?
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Levelling is the only reason I'm giving Classic a go. I'm not racing anyone. Its just the experience of leveling really felt like an MMO. Today's games do not have the same level of accomplishment that Classic did. There's a reason it was so successful.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i was stuck in the queue form 1 am bt till 4 am bt now im still stick in a log in queue "great classic experience"ideed.

e
    to be fair, that IS pretty authentic to classic

Alright, thanks for letting us know, was losing sleep wondering if you would enjoy it or not.

You won't be missed

you know what m8? thats perfectly fine. nothing wrong with that at least. I salute you for coming to a conclusion and seeing your own mistake. for me, he as extremely wrong - but for you he wasnt. thats just perfect. I wish you the best and hope you finde a game you love.

By all means, play what you enjoy. That's what games are for.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool. He was wrong for me. If I dont have classic I don't play WoW so my sub is going to it at least.