Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Racing to cap in a 15 year old version of the game

The "race" seems slightly biased if streamers get priority access to the otherwise largely queued realms.

I am sure Method will win once again. I mean.. is there anyone even competing with them on classic?
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    The "race" seems slightly biased if streamers get priority access to the otherwise largely queued realms.

I am sure Method will win once again. I mean.. is there anyone even competing with them on classic?
    Sco couldn't log in for hours Asmon got booted off 6 hours in couldnt play again.. Doesnt seem like streamer bias..

Smart ones logged into the servers 2 hours advanced to beat the queues
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

5+ Year Old Account
    Why race? Enjoy the experience. THAT is Vanilla (Atleast that's what I've been told) People need to learn that no everything is a race. And those who do race to it will probably quit right after. It's like racing to do MC and Ony. Just have fun with the game.

whats with unrelated comments, this thread is about the lvl 60 race, if you are not interested, just dont post. no one cares about you not caring about the race. a lot of people do obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    classics first worlds first happened 14 years ago
    Was about to say that... Seens silly to call some of these stuff "world first".
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    It's a strange race to be sure. Vanilla is a thing you do with others. There is little solo stuff to do. Most of the stuff that gives most of the XP you have to do with others because it's elite quests, like the ones in the Hinterlands, or dungeon quests which, naturally, cannot be soloed.

It will be somewhat interesting to see who's first to 60. For me, it's more interesting to see which class. When I logged out last night some warrior, and warriors are considered bottom tier levelers, was the highest level on the server. Warriors past lvl 30 start becoming really good. And since the mobgrind can't happen due to the sheer amount of people camping mobs, classes like locks and mages and hunters are actually falling behind, or were, since there aren't enough mobs for them to grind.

It will be interesting. Also, the time will be interesting. I'm excited to see if anyone pulls it of before the weekend.
    not even remotely true lol i was able to level to 60 by myself pretty much the entire time in vanilla. now speed leveling is another thing entirely though as they might want to go straight to continuously killing elite mobs

twitch.tv/journeywow

this guy seems highest, 31.5

5+ Year Old Account
    A Russian is going to hit 60 first and say it was “legit”.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Why race? Enjoy the experience. THAT is Vanilla (Atleast that's what I've been told) People need to learn that no everything is a race. And those who do race to it will probably quit right after. It's like racing to do MC and Ony. Just have fun with the game.
    Exactly, this whole 'Race to World First something' has ruined the retail game by directing developers towards a rushable environment, now Method decided to bring it to classic as well. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    twitch.tv/journeywow

Wow, that is really impressive

Quote Originally Posted by zortport View Post
    twitch.tv/journeywow

Level 35 and a ½ in 24 hours. That's crazy even from what I expect of people playing this game nowadays.

journeywow went to sleep at 38.5

clips.twitch.tv/PluckyTacitHorseradishBatChest

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Was about to say that... Seens silly to call some of these stuff "world first".
    In my book Classic is NOT vanilla.The experience people get when trying to relive is different and many things are changed in classic compared to Vanilla.So it is normal to go for world 1st.What is there to not understand?Your statement is just strange.Of course there will exist world 1st.This is not Vanilla it is classic as the title said.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Racing to cap in a 15 year old version of the game
    What is the problem with that?It is actually a good thing.Many people will make tons of money from it.Like Method or the streamers.Just look how many viewers are drаwing Soda and Асhmon.In conclusion World 1st in Classic is different than Vanilla one.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-08-28 at 05:46 AM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

to the people saying "herp derp classic world first happened 15 years ago."
    ffs people you must be fun at parties.
    why you gotta act like that? I simply admire the will of these people. Good job whoever wins that. For me with a wife and full time job, it wil ltake at least a week to reach even 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got lvl 16+ on my NE Priest within 9 hours (luckily, was on vacation yesterday). And got my Tailoring to near 80 as well (making bags helps a lot).

Had to roll Priest cause of all the Ret bashing on forums Well, at least it is truly enjoyable.

I'm level 8... got to play for 2 hours last night after the wife and baby went to sleep. I doubt I'm still in the running :P

24 hours ago, i bumped on a hunter named Balista in my realm Nethergarde Keep. I was level 11 going for my level 10 warrior quest in Auberdine he was level 22 on the boat to Menethil. I saluted him with respect!
    Dunno how many more levels he has now.

I dislike pride in pursuits of dedication instead of skill. Literally anyone who wanted could do this. It's not a special skill to subject yourself to torture, sleep deprivation, etc.

alkaizer gonna be first