Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Queues were always a big part of Vanilla, especially when it comes to organized playtime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard failed immensly trying to save dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This is just the release. Relax. At this poin in time at for example at wotlk release servers were down.

A shit ton of people will soon stop playing and the queue will go down on most servers.
    that was almost 10 years ago though...

legion and BFA had literally zero problems with release, so they obviously COULD handle a large number of people if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Yep and 4.6k is about 2 hours ish. You can't really win at the moment, the only way to get around it is to play in the early hours of the morning, last night I was logging in and out of Firemaw without a queue, albeit at 3-4am. There are way way more players than servers can handle, a lot of players I know are waiting for new servers to come up, my group of players chose Firemaw to dodge the Shazzrah queues and it hasn't worked out, but people are between 15-20 already so nobody is going to switch now, just ride it out.

Peak time in EU is in the next 1-3 hours, shit is going to get worse.

Been in a queue for 5 hours, been doing lots of other stuff away from computer. I was pointing out the short-sightedness of your solution, that you're not considering that people want to play with their friends, want to play on a PVP realm, it's not just about logging in right now and even if it was the new servers also have queues.
    Luckily for me I’m in Japan, so by the time I get up in the morning it’ll be early hours for EU so it’ll have quietened down.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The hype will be dead in a week tops. It´s just not reasonable to creat enough servers for launch that will be desolate afterwards.
    you could merge them after though

due to layering you'd barely notice anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    600K VIewers for a 15 yr old patch LMAO. Ion and Lore must be feeling pretty blue now
    Watch until it lasts as long as a 3-pump chump in the bedroom. People only want to try it because many haven't experienced it. Devs even expect a heavy amount of players to drop off in the following months. What matters on the viewers is how many you'll have watching it once it stabilizes.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

1 hour queue on mine with "medium" population

First time ever with a queue as it always was with Low pop
    Now it became medium

Why did people decide to come to my server!?!!? Smart choice actually...but why must this happen to me

15+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P Classic. Was fun while it lasted

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    R.I.P Classic. Was fun while it lasted
    Conspiracy theorist here.

Do you think this is made on purpose for people to quit Classic? Out of fear from Blizzard?

Every realm in Europe has (at least) a 1 hour queue...medium population ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Conspiracy theorist here.

Do you think this is made on purpose for people to quit Classic? Out of fear from Blizzard?

Every realm in Europe has (at least) a 1 hour queue...medium population ones.
    If They wanted ppl to play classic they would have more then a pc in a closet to handle players

"The hype will die and server will be dead.."
    The hype will die even faster if ppl can't play!!
    I have a 8k queue on a Medium server...
    Just create more servers and merge them when the hype dies

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritvs View Post
    "The hype will die and server will be dead.."
    The hype will die even faster if ppl can't play!!
    I have a 8k queue on a Medium server...
    Just create more servers and merge them when the hype dies
    or lock creating more chars for the time being on the overcrowded realms and increase server cap, they said a week ago they can increase the cap, so...

Ashbringer realm opened couple of hours ago, 3k queue... so much of moving to new realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    or lock creating more chars for the time being on the overcrowded realms and increase server cap, they said a week ago they can increase the cap, so...
    but then people wont move to other servers???? And the problem will persist forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussion of queues, the reasons for them, etc. should go to the megathread for the topic.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...or-me-at-least
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."