Thread: WoW Classic HD

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    KondiPrint
    I am of course assuming all the people claiming the old graphics to be the best, have their graphics option set to "3", as that is the "Classic" graphics.
    Otherwise it would be very hypocritical of all the #NoChanges people. I mean, it wouldn't be the "Vanilla" experience? Right?
    Be sure about that, but this topic mostly isn't about settings. Essentially author and others like him very much for violating gameplay rules, and what about you?

Looks like this person
    bbr
    Could be interesting if things were optional - like in the game interface. Would please everyone I suspect.
    And mods to add features.
    is same as OP kind:
    - doesn't understand the difference between options and settings,
    - doesn't understand the difference between gameplay and graphics (2nd link),
    - doesn't understand the difference between significance of choice and neglecting it.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-08-28 at 05:34 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    AND. SO. ON.

classic was created as the best one could do without traveling back in time. also, you just cannot copy the old road map and patch progression. you cannot just built a client with all the bugs and have all the patches ready to fix them the way it was. impossible.

so you have one client and it is what it is. nothing more, nothing less. no missed opportunity. since you would have to re-do the whole game around the new models and textures. and why stop there..
    Could be interesting if things were optional - like in the game interface. Would please everyone I suspect.
    And mods to add features.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Would please everyone I suspect.
    You wish. There are retards who think it's absolutely impossible to change the game (unless they like the change themselves)

True, they could have gone the full way because the new lighting alone makes it look very different anyway. Add shadows+AO and new classic looks like a totally new game. Certainly can't be compared with original client. Textures are still okay though and ground textures hold up well but yeah, some prop textures like rocks are very muddy. I think the good specular maps make classic textures more interesting than retail. The way textures reflect when looking at the sun is still pretty and sadly isn't used much anymore for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Be sure about that, but this topic mostly isn't about settings. Essentially author and others like him very much for violating gameplay rules, and what about you?
    Honestly, I wouldn't be sure about that. Isn't it? aren't we talking about an overhaul of current models (graphic), which is by definition (from the links you've provided on the "violating gameplay rules"-link) not part of the gameplay, "Video game gameplay is distinct from graphics and audio elements."?
    You also touch down on customisation "customization (choice of race, appearance, name, class) is part of game mechanics, then by definition is part of gameplay." But aren't you reaching a bit here? Since we concluded that the definition of gameplay, did in fact not include graphics (and sound)? Just for reference, another quote from the links you've provided:
    "In video games, gamers have a well-defined notion of what is considered gameplay. This is:

- What the player can do
    - What other entities can do, in response to player's actions"

Race: What kinda of character you'll be playing.
    Appearance: What you are wearing (Not the kind of model your character is using (graphics)).
    Name: self-explanatory.
    Class: How you play your race.

And I am a bit uncertain what you are asking me. Are you asking if I am for "violating gameplay rules"? If so, you'd need to elaborate on it.
    Personally I've set every part of the graphic settings to maximum (the resolution slider as well).

P.S. I am sorry if it's a bit jumpled, I'm usually a lurker on this site, and there was a lot of links/posts to go through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Good point.
    Probably could have been done over a weekend in fact.
    Lazy cows.
    Well over the weekend seems a bit too optimistic and i'm not saying it wont take extra time to release the game (again).
    But it feels like halve the effort is put in the game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    People asked for the vanilla experience, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Shhhh don’t say this, all the purists will be awoke and we can’t afford having any more of them since the last culling.
    Eh, it is a little of everyone's vault to ask for the vanilla experience.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah hell, they didn't take the time to overhaul the entire vanilla world, 3D models and all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It would take a lot of time for them to remake everything considering they'd also need to do all the gear and you know they'll get crucified if they fuck up t2. I think the updated shadows and lighting already do a lot for making the game more presentable. They were smart back in Classic and went for a more stylistic approach instead of realism so it aged much better than other games of the time.
    They only need to update the creatures and players as an option (which is done already since BfA came out and they updated all the old creatures), everything else would remain as is including the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Evertyhing in HD would mean that half of the people could not raid 40man with decent FPS (not that you've many abilities that you've to move)

I prefer this way honestly.
    Isn't Alterac Valley still 40 vs 40? I've never had significant framedrop in that BG in recent times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Why not just add heirloom gear, character boosts, lfg/lfd, and boa gear.
    Because graphic improvement doesn't de-legitimize the Classic game, while those other things do?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The old models look better than the abominations pretending to be humanoids that retail has.

So no thanks.

Pink tinted goggles everywhere. Even considering the fact blizzard released classic and people wait hours in queues, and discover that leveling in classic was not really a fun thing, after they managed to log in at some point.

But yes. So adorable, our 20 point polygone .. something.. from classic.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-08-28 at 04:58 PM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Although it would be nice, It would take faaaaaar too much work. Plus my toaster would never run WoW HD.

It'd cost too much and alienate half of their player base. Not good for business.

After that stock bump, I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Classic Remastered" server at some point down the road after they do TBC and Wrath servers.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Yeah because all they had to do was press a button for that to happen.
    ye it is just press A, the classic client is the same client BfA is running on, its just that the client itself would be much bigger since it would need to have both old and new textures

I strongly disagree, even aesthetically. The simpler, older graphics inspired a more mature image, I think. When I look at the character models/animations on live, it looks like a fucking Pixar movie.

You're ultimately saying something like "They should remake Super Mario 3 with modern graphics." It would be deeply dissatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Yeah because all they had to do was press a button for that to happen.
    The game was built on the Legion client. They even showed how the new models existed in Classic when they tried to shove the old code into the new client. So yes, it could have been a push of a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I thought it would have been awesome to see Classic WoW with hyper-realistic graphics.
    Hyper-realistic? What does that even mean? Like, Live Action WoW?

go to graphic settings and you will see its set to classic. you can change it.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post

Pink tinted goggles everywhere. Even considering the fact blizzard released classic and people wait hours in queues, and discover that leveling in classic was not really a fun thing, after they managed to log in at some point.

But yes. So adorable, our 20 point polygone .. something.. from classic.
    Hey genius:
    1. I haven't waited hours in a que
    2. Leveling in Classic is actually really fun, thanks for asking
    3. Super Mario 64 has a pretty low poly count, but I would still play through that and have a blast
    4. I'm sorry you hate that other people are happy, this is called resentment, hope you don't turn into a psychopath one day