Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    well, FUCKING WESTFALL is now on a waitlist and is FULL
    all other servers are following up too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I am not talking about the content you do while leveling, but LEVEL SPECIFIC content. What reward do you get for getting 112? What reward do you get from getting 116? What do you get at 119? Nothing, nothing, nothing. Just 1 step close to max level.
    Because lets say 1% crit is such a big reward, for gettin that extra point in your talent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    you know why retail has no queues? its because no one is playing it. stop kidding yourself, retail fans are in the minority. but hey, have fun playing your empty game that requires zero effort for a full set of epics you can obtain in a single day. you have your hello kitties island adventure, we have our actual game back. stay in your containment game and we'll stay in our actual game that means something.

Ah yes the full empty servers, bfa has no queues because we dont have fanatics like you screechin at the developers anytime they mention sharding technology, so thats what you got instead, long queues. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-08-27 at 11:29 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

you know why retail has no queues? its because no one is playing it. stop kidding yourself, retail fans are in the minority. but hey, have fun playing your empty game that requires zero effort for a full set of epics you can obtain in a single day. you have your hello kitties island adventure, we have our actual game back. stay in your containment game and we'll stay in our actual game that means something.
    Someone doesnt understand how shards work, never mind the number of servers vs number of players on BFA compared to classic. Its kind of obvious.

You're delusional, I've been playing since Vanilla dipshit, and once you hit 60 if you're not in a raiding guild there's literally 0 things to do besides farming (grinding) whichever item, pvp, or run around and do nothing. It was months of this before TBC came out (Thanks God for that).

You literally have 0 time to get bored in Retail. If you're not a hard core raider, you can still pug for Normal/Heroic raids if you don't want to do LFG. If you don't enjoy that then you can do Mythic+, if you don't like that either you can PVP in a multitude of various activities.

You can farm xmogs in raid across multiple expansions, you can collect a plethora of items, you can do dailies, you have unlimited OPTIONS in Retail.

Best of all, with the exception of a handful of older zones, you don't HAVE to walk or ride anywhere. You can just Fly.

It all feels awesome and amazing, it always have. Every new Expansion a whole new adventure begins to discover everything there is to discover.

All of you complaining about how Retail is boring are just hypocrites.

yeah smooth launches because no one cared as much as they did about classic launch with a whole bunch of dead servers that had plenty of space while classic only launched with around 15 servers which where not enough to contain the massive draw to it. but hey whatever makes you feel better about your precious hello kitties island adventure game that has done so horribly that blizzard stopping reporting the number publicly because how of depressing they are. the more hello kitties wow became, the more people left after they realized they can complete the entire game in less than a week. nothing new, nothing fresh. 1 - 120 in 3 days. full set of epics literately handed to you in a single day. a game where you stand in SW all day never having to leave just sitting in queues. i'm glad you like hello kitties island adventure, but stop fooling yourself that everyone likes getting everything handed to them on a silver platter without needing to do effort.

retail is garbage meant for people who don't like effort. classic isn't. stay in your hello kitties island adventure containment game, and we're stay in our actual WoW playing a mmorpg the way it was mean't to be played. that's all i have to say about this subject and i'm done. enjoy your hello kitties you fool.
    I'll go wherever the fuck I want to without your permission cupcake, and Retail is such a dead game that you have on EU servers only 43 high pop servers and 17 full

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I do not think this should be surprising though. The real metric is 1 year from now.
    Honestly, I'd say 3-6 months from now at this rate - given the level of negative responses and the vitriolic backlash of the denial/defenders since it launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    It's one thing to enjoy Classic for what it is, and another to turn it into something it never was.
    I think this line probably surmises the biggest problem/debate with Classic Vs Retail IMO.

The defenders of Classic aren't just saying "Hey, it's great to re-live the original for a bit" as a bit of a spontaneous vay-cay from being bored with BfA. Instead they're screaming bloody murder that this is "what a True MMORPG is!" (lol) and are acting like this is going to reverse course on 15+ years of gaming evolution all in one night. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The RNG is what ruins the newer expansions.

You never know how many paragon caches you need before you get the mount, that is horrific game design.
    While I get your point, RNG has been a thing in this game since it was launched. Baron Rivendare's Mount?

Why is it such a game breaking factor in BfA but not so much in Classic? Because it's used in more places?

hmm. i already be feared to not comin back to BfA.
    i play alone and i play not because of nostalgia. i have fun.
    everybody to its own taste. since we can play both, all is fine.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-08-28 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic isn't for everyone, and that's fine. I was just playing with my brother, him an UD priest and myself an UD rogue, we're both currently lv 6 and I'm having fun. Mainly due to nostalgia because he and I played from time to time together in Vanilla
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    You're delusional, I've been playing since Vanilla dipshit, and once you hit 60 if you're not in a raiding guild there's literally 0 things to do besides farming (grinding) whichever item, pvp, or run around and do nothing. It was months of this before TBC came out (Thanks God for that).

You literally have 0 time to get bored in Retail. If you're not a hard core raider, you can still pug for Normal/Heroic raids if you don't want to do LFG. If you don't enjoy that then you can do Mythic+, if you don't like that either you can PVP in a multitude of various activities.

You can farm xmogs in raid across multiple expansions, you can collect a plethora of items, you can do dailies, you have unlimited OPTIONS in Retail.

Best of all, with the exception of a handful of older zones, you don't HAVE to walk or ride anywhere. You can just Fly.

It all feels awesome and amazing, it always have. Every new Expansion a whole new adventure begins to discover everything there is to discover.

All of you complaining about how Retail is boring are just hypocrites.
    i am not sure if the most made complain is being bored. i think its more about endless grind, endless working towards essences, trinkets, AP, etc., check up of your daily todo list, rng and the feeling of having a second job instead a hobby, while waiting for the lucky shot instead meaningful working towards rewards.

but hey, its all taste. BfA/Legion game concepts are DEFINITELY not my taste. but thats just me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-08-28 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i am not sure if the most made complain is being bored. i think its more about endless grind, endless working towards essences, trinkets, AP, etc., check up of your daily todo list, rng and the feeling of having a second job instead a hobby, while waiting for the lucky shot instead meaningful working towards rewards.

but hey, its all taste. BfA/Legion game concepts are DEFINITELY not my taste. but thats just me.
    If BFA is a grind than wtf is Classic? It's all of that except instead of 20 different things u can work towards u have 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Great.

Go play BFA then. Nothing is stopping you. Quite literally, since Classic and BFA share a sub.
    This ... thnx

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Honestly, I'd say 3-6 months from now at this rate - given the level of negative responses and the vitriolic backlash of the denial/defenders since it launched.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this line probably surmises the biggest problem/debate with Classic Vs Retail IMO.

The defenders of Classic aren't just saying "Hey, it's great to re-live the original for a bit" as a bit of a spontaneous vay-cay from being bored with BfA. Instead they're screaming bloody murder that this is "what a True MMORPG is!" (lol) and are acting like this is going to reverse course on 15+ years of gaming evolution all in one night. >_<

And this is fairly funny to hear, considering how much of a "true" MMORPG it isn't in some ways.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And this is fairly funny to hear, considering how much of a "true" MMORPG it isn't in some ways.
    I heard people singing praises about campfire needing wood, which is supposedly a sign of true RPG. I didn't even remember it needed that (does it?), since it was barely used and it's such a meaningless praise anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    OT - Rolled a shaman, went to go kill boars, had five tagged before LB went off, logged out, uninstalled, logged into BfA.
    Yeah this is OPs problem. He shouldn't even bother with Lightning Bolt when there are so many players. It's how it is. At level 4 you get Earth Shock and all of a sudden you're the one who gets every mob instantly.

How do I know? I play as a Shaman and did exactly that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

all the haters saying drops will go down faster than wod subs etc.
    of course it will go down. retail players will go back plus some people will realize its not for them anymore.

then we will finally have a stable healthy, loyal players with awesome communities. That is exactly what I am looking for.
    we waited for years and a little bit of waiting will not hurt. Go take your hate elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I heard people singing praises about campfire needing wood, which is supposedly a sign of true RPG. I didn't even remember it needed that (does it?), since it was barely used and it's such a meaningless praise anyway.
    it does, you also need a flint and tinder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Pray tell, in your infinite wisdom of all things in existence, how in the actual fuck can you determine the long term staying power of a video game based off of the number of people viewing it on launch?
    I'll say it again. We were talking about popularity surge not how many people will play either in the long run.
    POPULARITY. Repeat it after me. Now after grasping the word do try to compare 600k to 1.2 mil and see what you get. Remember POPULARITY.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    It's been quite some time since Warlords of Draenor launched and I must say, after that horrendous experience, I have never thought I'll relive that again. But today with Classic, Blizzard did it again. And nope, this isn't supposed to be a bashing thread. Not at all. Instead, since I had 5+ hours to think about it, I just realized, I already miss BFA.

On classic, I hit level 4 before I got random dc'ed and got stuck in queue. The first time I logged in it was amazing. So. Many. People. I was so hyped, got my gnome warlock, started trying to tag mobs. No luck. Made group, it got a little better. I pushed through, suddenly first inconvenience struck me. Quests don't appear on the minimap. It's been so long that I totally forgot about that. Well, whatever, it's silly and could be easily fixed, but I guess people like the pain and want it? Nevermind, lets continue leveling I thought. Then ofc the mob tagging started to became bigger and biggers issue. And the objects clicking. And the quest items looting while in a party. And the old interface, and the old social tab not being placed where Im used to, and then the realisation that also this is still just the beginning and there will be more and more little things that Im going to hate. And you know what? Then I realized, there is a game just like this, BUT BETTER. Where I have 10+ years of stuff, where everything is convenient, where things still matter, progress matters, theres tons of content and, well, I started to miss it.

So my point is, thanks, but no thanks? I'll still give it a proper chance. After it cools down. But somehow I really want to level a new character on BFA now, because, you know, its way more fun. Any1 feels the same?
    I completely agree. The retail client is more fun and far less frustrating.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Yup. Pretty much why i didn't jump the hype train.

I played that game, and even at the time, i liked Guild Wars 1 better. It was only when anet killed GW1 to make GW2 that i went back to WoW. God that was a waste... if only anet had continued with GW1 instead...

Anyways, yeah. I like TBC cause it made vanilla bearable. Vanilla was trash and i have no interest in playing it again. My nostalgia glasses aren't fogged. The vanilla fans are nostalgic people that constantly try to relive a moment in their lives that cannot be replicated and a time where they thought gear resets wouldn't be a thing with new xpacs.

Anyways, perhaps when this dies out, we can focus again on making live a game that can compete with it's rivals a bit better. Moving backwards is seldom a good idea. It has to move forward and become a better modern game.

Absolutely agree. I played classic back in the day, and honestly, you need INSANE hours per day to progress. I just don't have that time anymore.

BFA has the beautiful balance of allowing you to have a life, but at the same time is NOT a push over to get things for free. You still need to put in days of hard work, BUT does not punish you if you do not have that time frame to put in.

I am LOVING WoW as it is, and really looking forward to what the future will bring with WoW.