Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Not really. They want the server identity preserved, and addons won't help with that. Yes there will be Discord, but less people will be using it because of the degree of separation.

The socialization of Vanilla is the #1 concern for most people. Why do you think layering and other server tech has always been talked about? Macros have no such effect, so they don't matter.
    Hate to break it to you, but Blizz is not breaking LFG addons. Simply limiting what they can do, (as in auto invite, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but Blizz is not breaking LFG addons. Simply limiting what they can do, (as in auto invite, etc).
    Doesn't matter to me. People are just really butthurt about it for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Most people didn't raid, should they delete raids too?
    You need to stop missing the point this hard lmfao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I really don't understand banning this addon. Aside from Blizzard wanting to further prove that Classic is "you thought you wanted it but you don't actually." Because the vast majority of people will get aggravated with sitting in town for HOURS trying to get one dungeon done and just quit. The people joining the Classic servers are definitely not the same people who played in Vanilla, for the most part.
    Then let them quit. Isn't that the point? Those people who would get frustrated by not having access to addons like these are those who should be playing retail. Classic is for people who don't want to play with these kinds of addons, and the host of menu options that has diluted the social aspect of WoW over time.

You need to stop missing the point this hard lmfao
    Oh I can very well see the point that is "I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT VANILLA WAS SO MAKE CLASSIC LIKE I THINK IT WAS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Then let them quit. Isn't that the point? Those people who would get frustrated by not having access to addons like these are those who should be playing retail. Classic is for people who don't want to play with these kinds of addons, and the host of menu options that has diluted the social aspect of WoW over time.
    Wasn't the point delivering the authentic vanilla experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    F.U.N. detected. destroy.
    classic is classic. If you want LFG....you should wait until they release WotlK.

People really do not remmember what classic was like. And on top of that, once you do stuff like that, you are pretty much changing it from classic to the current game. Without the new stories.

What is next after LFG??
    flying?
    New talents?
    People crying because they need to train their weapon skills?
    Crying because you need to visit your trainer for new spells?
    Rep grinds?
    Alliance better racials ( pvp)?
    no paladins for horde?

If you want to play classic...you play it as it came out of the box ( without bugs). If you do not...play BFA. or just quit WoW....

Oh I can very well see the point that is "I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT VANILLA WAS SO MAKE CLASSIC LIKE I THINK IT WAS!"
    Definitely not. It's "I want as much of a pre patch 3.3 experience as possible. It's why I'm here."

10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't the point delivering the authentic vanilla experience?
    Yeah, with the caveat of some small changes here and there to make the game more 'authentic' in the face of existing technologies that weren't present in 2004 (such as sharding in starting zones early on and restricting mods that may have been used by a minority back then but are at risk of becoming ubiquitous due to the proliferation of information).

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ahh yes, the community proving that they don't actually WANT vanilla, they're just wearing rose-tinted glasses so thick they're blind.

This is going to be an adorable clusterfuck.
    Yup,

think i am going to get a cup of tea like your picture and just watch it all blow up in their faces.....

what do you think will happen first:

crying for flying?
    rep grinds?
    Crying because they can not play paladin on the horde side?

My guess paladin, or the fact that you need to do a lot of travel to get spell upgrades and things done. And little to no fast traveling options. Or how slow/grindy it was.

Definitely not. It's "I want as much of a pre patch 3.3 experience as possible. It's why I'm here."
    Yet they think LFG addon didn't exist in vanilla.

And the "not a bug" list looks like half the testers hadn't even seen wow before WOTLK.

Yeah, with the caveat of some small changes here and there to make the game more 'authentic' in the face of existing technologies that weren't present in 2004 (such as sharding in starting zones early on and restricting mods that may have been used by a minority back then but are at risk of becoming ubiquitous due to the proliferation of information).
    And people screaming blizzard to nuke an addon that existed in vanilla.

Yet they think LFG addon didn't exist in vanilla.

And the "not a bug" list looks like half the testers hadn't even seen wow before WOTLK.
    WoW exploded to the height of its popularity with TBC to Wrath so it's not surprising that they don't know the bugs are intentional.

As for the players who did play but want it gone, yeah I don't think most proactively used it. More people will now because of how easy information is shared as compared to 13 years ago. Vanilla probably will be much easier because its easier to get good now with all of the information available.

Oh ok. So wanting an easier way to find groups other than sitting on a city for hours on end looking for a dungeon while getting trolled or flooded with memes is so much better. This is one of the big reasons Classic servers will be ghost towns 2-3 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Clearly didnt read what i put but its expected on a site that houses alot of undeducated morons.

But they existed then, so why are you ignoring that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    There is no role to be filled in the long run. Those that are so entitled and addicted to the anti-social retail lfg won't even make it to 60. There won't be much need for a third party thing after 1-2 months when everyone actually interested in classic has a guild/discord community or just doesn't feel like dying because he has to message a few people to form a group.
    Everyone who wants that addon has his view warped by playing too much retail. The only way they see running a dungeon is if the group pops up by itself in 2 min and they roflstomp it semi-afk in max 10 min without saying a word. Thats their ideea of what a mmorpg experience should be.
    I can't even fathom being this far up my own ass. How do you do it?
    How can you possibly think that 90% of the players won't be gone before level 20?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    But they existed then, so why are you ignoring that?
    Sure, but they were rarely used in the live game. The majority of people who have used these types of addons are from the Private Server community. Either way, arguing about it is pointless. It's blatantly obvious that the majority of players don't want the addons to exist (or, at least, don't care), and Blizzard themselves don't either.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    They clearly love pain i sure don't BFA FTW!
    If you don't love pain why would you be playing BFA lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    If you don't love pain why would you be playing BFA lols.
    Elemental shaman is amazeing in BFA my main that was a easy ? to answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    How can you possibly think that 90% of the players won't be gone before level 20?

Let me guess you are one of the people that struggled even with the initial idea that there are a lot of people who want classic and will actually play it all the way through.
    I'd say more like 50-70% max out of millions that rushed the servers these days . That still leaves a lot of people still playing long term and enough full servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Sure, but they were rarely used in the live game. The majority of people who have used these types of addons are from the Private Server community. Either way, arguing about it is pointless. It's blatantly obvious that the majority of players don't want the addons to exist (or, at least, don't care), and Blizzard themselves don't either.
    If the majority of players didn't want them it would be very safe to keep them enabled, people just wouldn't use them.
    Disabling something that would have worked in vanilla is a change which the #nochanges crowd should be upset about. But we all know that #nochanges roughly translates to #fuckretail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Let me guess you are one of the people that struggled even with the initial idea that there are a lot of people who want classic and will actually play it all the way through.
    I'd say more like 50-70% max out of millions that rushed the servers these days . That still leaves a lot of people still playing long term and enough full servers.
    "a lot"

You have
    1. people who did play back then that are older now and can't devote the time.
    2. New players that will get bored very quick
    3. Old players that have no lives and are still riding that nostalgia wagon aka pserver crowd.

Only one of these groups are staying, and when the other two leave there will be a bunch of mostly dead servers with fractured communities because blizz over invested infrastructure. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Elemental shaman is amazeing in BFA my main that was a easy ? to answer.
    So you like uncapped grinds and rng on top of your rng?

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So you like uncapped grinds and rng on top of your rng?
    Yes or i wouldn't be playing a MMorpg in the first place never ending grinds ftw!