Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    What features? Quit acting like Classic is a new thing to happen to wow. All the features that was in vanilla/classic has been apart of retail. Only thing that classic is going to do to retail is class design.
    what I think he means by features is group loot making a return because I can tell you the only really exciting thing that I think about when I think about classic is the fact that if an item drops in a dungeon or in a raid everyone can look at it and it actually gets given to somebody and there's no restriction on whether or not it's a higher item level and if it is then it can't be treated because that is the most annoying s*** that I have ever had to experience in a video game

I hate the fact that if I am rating and a piece Titan forges to an item level even only five higher than what I have than I cannot trade it even if it's a downgrade for me and a gigantic best in slot upgrade for another raider I cannot trade it because blizzard thinks that Littleton is in that raid guild and he's being bullied so hard that somebody is holding a gun to his head through the computer and making him click that trade button because they refuse to accept that there are social norms within a video game that they cannot control

they don't want to give players the freedom over our character over our loot over how we play and that has become extremely evident with battle for azeroth and that is my main complaint besides class design

even back in legion it was an issue because forced personal loot outside of guild groups and then oh no little Timmy was in a guild group and they they bullied him so much until he traded that trinket to the guilty and he deserves loot 2 trials deserve loot to and just like Jay Alan braxe comment about vanilla I think blizzard knows they're wrong in this case

Because trials do get loot the only difference is they will get loot on farm content immediately if you are killing a progression boss as a trial is very likely that you were not there for the first 500 polls on that boss you did not put in the time from the very beginning to the very end and therefore you will not get that loot

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Well WoD also had a massive launch, lets wait abit before we make such statements, esspecially since classic pretty much has even less endgame than WoD.
    You cannot be seriously comparing classic with Warlods of Draenor..

I dont remember the hype and populairity of the launch of Warlords really, but I dont think it was nearly as big as it is with classic right now.. Maybe weird reference but 1.2 million views on Twitch at classic launch? Was that nearly the case with warlords?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    Get a grip, please. It's THE SAME subscription for both games.
    Same subscription is not the same as an active player base.. Thats like using the number of characters in orgrimmar (either online and offline) and comparing it to the amount of online players actually in orgrimmar at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjemiel View Post
    You cannot be seriously comparing classic with Warlods of Draenor..

I dont remember the hype and populairity of the launch of Warlords really, but I dont think it was nearly as big as it is with classic right now.. Maybe weird reference but 1.2 million views on Twitch at classic launch? Was that nearly the case with warlords?
    Twitch and the streaming industry is much bigger nowadays than in 2014 at WoD launch, so I don't think the viewership comparison is relevant here. The biggest WoW streamer, Asmongold, started streaming mid 2014 only. Maybe they can be compared in terms of atrocious release and nearly unplayable game at start. BfA/Classic comparison is imho better if you want to take into account Twitch.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-08-28 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Twitch and the streaming industry is much bigger nowadays than in 2014 at WoD launch, so I don't think the viewership comparison is relevant here. Maybe they can be compared in terms of atrocious release and nearly unplayable game at start. BfA/Classic comparison is imho better if you want to take into account Twitch.
    Classic was way more hyped than WoD im pretty sure. What could be a good comparison? You're right on the popularity of streaming and twitch which has changed, so wrong comparison. Queue times isnt accurate either looking at the amount of servers wod had and classic has.

Think only good comparison would be actuall numbers from blizzard which wont happen probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    As soon as 8.2.5 launches no1 will remember classic.It will be:Classic who?!?!
    This is what I thought, I didn't want to play classic as my thinking was... It's been done before and we know what's coming next so why waste your time?

Unfortunately some guildies convinced me to come play and now I feel the addicition coming on. Even grey items that drop I get more excited for then 445 azerite pieces and the social side really is incredible. It feels like an MMO RPG.

Don't get me wrong the BFA raiding content and M+ is really good and I enjoy action RPGS aswell, which wow is more like these days.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2019-08-28 at 10:59 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    lol, it will never happen. Classic will see a hefty drop in active players in the next months and only a little playerbase will remain. I think I will stick to it, but we won't be that much.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    lol, it will never happen. Classic will see a hefty drop in active players in the next months and only a little playerbase will remain. I think I will stick to it, but we won't be that much.
    You should've told Blizzard this since you're an all seeing oracle with the gift of being able to see into the future and they'd probably not waste their time making Classic.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, I don't remember any of those things. There's a good reason for that. You're making the mistake of thinking that the experience on some servers was the experience on all servers. I think there was maybe one stretch of 18-24 hours where the login server was a problem. But there were never queues of any kind on my much-less-than-full server. That's the key.
    I played on a backwater server back in WoD (one that basically died in that expansion) and even though we didn't have queues, everything else was true. My character fell through the world in garrison and was stuck there for almost a week, because the place was so laggy and broken at the time. Got five days exemption for that. There was a massive influx of people, many of whom quit shortly afterwards - which can very well be the case with Classic. That's why any of those "just look at Twitch viewership/queues!!!" posts don't convince me. WoD had the same honeymoon period and huge amount of people. It didn't last.

I honestly think it already has.

I mean I knew wow classic would be huge but this is crazy. Never have seen an mmorpg launch this big and I’ve played them all

Every single server including the new ones. Full during prime time. If you aren’t logged in by lunch you aren’t gonna play. That’s madness

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Will be great. You do realise that classic will pay for retail's development, right?
    What development did retail get any since wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I played on a backwater server back in WoD (one that basically died in that expansion) and even though we didn't have queues, everything else was true. My character fell through the world in garrison and was stuck there for almost a week, because the place was so laggy and broken at the time. Got five days exemption for that. There was a massive influx of people, many of whom quit shortly afterwards - which can very well be the case with Classic. That's why any of those "just look at Twitch viewership/queues!!!" posts don't convince me. WoD had the same honeymoon period and huge amount of people. It didn't last.
    Wod had nowhere close to this reception.

The highest modern wow has hit on twitch for example, was 600k in bfa. More than double of legions (somehow)

Wow classic had 1.5 mil and has been the #1 game streaming since it hit the scene.

It’s too short term to say it’ll last forever, but sit back and enjoy the now.

It’s nice to see the naysayers have to eat crow

Quote Originally Posted by Sjemiel View Post
    Classic was way more hyped than WoD im pretty sure. What could be a good comparison? You're right on the popularity of streaming and twitch which has changed, so wrong comparison. Queue times isnt accurate either looking at the amount of servers wod had and classic has.

Think only good comparison would be actuall numbers from blizzard which wont happen probably.
    I agree with the entirety of your post.

I believe that Classic was way more hyped than BfA too, probably more hyped than every expansion after WotLK. The amount of servers isn't really a good comparison either. There are 241 NA and Oceanic realms in retail, 263 EU realms, compared to the 31 EU Classic realms.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Wod had nowhere close to this reception.

The highest modern wow has hit on twitch for example, was 600k in bfa. More than double of legions (somehow)

Wow classic had 1.5 mil and has been the #1 game streaming since it hit the scene.

It’s too short term to say it’ll last forever, but sit back and enjoy the now.

It’s nice to see the naysayers have to eat crow
    It has been the number 1 game streaming since one day lol, and it's already down to 372k viewers currently (which is still a very impressive number). Let's see how it plays out after one month before drawing definitive conclusions.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-08-28 at 10:58 AM.

Apples and oranges..
    Two different audiences.
    There's always going to be people who want to play new content that comes with the live game
    and there's always going to be people who want to play older games that are considered the best era for them.
    Sure there's tbc enthuasiasts and wotlk ones who would abandon classic and live if such servers would be up from Blizzard
    or if Blizzard releases a brand new ip or even a new mmorpg, some would go there and some stay in wow.

New games come out weekly and battle royales flower, yet there's still gamers who only stick playing super marios.
    The mass usually follows the new trends, new never seen stuff, as witnessed by the whole industry.
    Old games are niche audience, but audience never the less.
    Sure Runescape may have it upside down, but it's one game between many.
    Is classic gameplay (cause the story is already set) that solid it would thrive over new stories and content on live?
    Guess we'll see. That's up to each individual, personally two days of classic was enough for me.
    But that's cause i value new stories > graphics > gameplay, which i'm sure would be upside down for other people.

Right now classic far exceeds bfa population. It is certain that over a million players in NA and EU were trying to play it simultaneously something that was never the case in retail for over 10 months.
    The question is how many of those players will stick around after a week and ho many will come back at the begining of each new content phase. One thing is for sure. Retail wow will try to reverse things with the next xpac. Bfa is just another mmo in significance and not THE world of warcraft!

I agree with the entirety of your post.

I believe that Classic was way more hyped than BfA too, probably more hyped than every expansion after WotLK. The amount of servers isn't really a good comparison either. There are 241 NA and Oceanic realms in retail, 263 EU realms, compared to the 31 EU Classic realms.

It has been the number 1 game streaming since one day lol, and it's already down to 372k viewers currently (which is still a very impressive number). Let's see how it plays out after one month before drawing definitive conclusions.
    It’s 7 am on a Wednesday man. 375k views is super impressive.

Keep in mind the best of bfa, method and fhe world first chase, barely drew in 600k total

So at 7 am, wow classic has as many watching as nearly peak bfa

I’m not crapping on bfa for those like it; just remarking on how amazing it is to see wow classic succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question, will Classic subs surpass current BfA subs or active player base?

And if so, and it's not just a month then they all leave Classic, but if they stay and keep a strong player base, even more players than BfA, what does Blizzard do? Does that change plans for the future of WoW?

I think Blizzard thought Classic would be a fun side project, something of a thank you to fans, but then expecting it to fade off after a month or two after release, and then just have a small niche player base. But what if Classic is a huge successes and pulls in players in numbers we haven't see in years, and destroys the amount of players in Bfa? Does Blizzard reevaluate what they plan to do in the future for the MMO?
    i dont see that happen most will give up on classic when they get fed up wiht the 5-10 hr log in queues like the one im sitting in right now so they cna play the game

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It’s 7 am on a Wednesday man. 375k views is super impressive.

Keep in mind the best of bfa, method and fhe world first chase, barely drew in 600k total

So at 7 am, wow classic has as many watching as nearly peak bfa

I’m not crapping on bfa for those like it; just remarking on how amazing it is to see wow classic succeed
    I agree with you and the numbers are still very impressive, but the game has just been released. And it's 7 AM in America only. It's past noon in Europe.

I agree with you and the numbers are still very impressive, but the game has just been released. And it's 7 AM in America only. It's past noon in Europe.
    I’m not trying to crap on bfa. I’m pro classic and have been on these forums but we’re all WoW players and plenty of wow for everyone.

That said, It’s still very impressive that it’s doing so well

Really humbling and exciting to see happen. A real moment in gaming history

I can't surpass the sub number since the subscription is the same.

I don't think it will matter what which version has more players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question, will Classic subs surpass current BfA subs or active player base?

And if so, and it's not just a month then they all leave Classic, but if they stay and keep a strong player base, even more players than BfA, what does Blizzard do? Does that change plans for the future of WoW?

I think Blizzard thought Classic would be a fun side project, something of a thank you to fans, but then expecting it to fade off after a month or two after release, and then just have a small niche player base. But what if Classic is a huge successes and pulls in players in numbers we haven't see in years, and destroys the amount of players in Bfa? Does Blizzard reevaluate what they plan to do in the future for the MMO?
    I don't think it will, but if that happens, that would be reason to keep pumping on Classic - do TBC / WotLK perhaps, rethink what can be done with retail, etc.