Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Angry Jumping and AFK bots making queues worse.

I have seen solos and groups of people auto-running into walls and AFK jumpers. When I leave the area and come back even 3 hours later, they are still there. They are hiding in Stormwind and Ironforge outskirt buildings upstairs in corners.

My queue times went from 2-3 hours at 20,000 to 5-6 hours at 10,000.

Blizzard, please fix this please.

Blizzard did fix it, they added more servers. If you choose to stay on an overpopulated server don't blame people who stay logged in for your queue times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Post this to Blizzard. They don't care as you have no power here.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Yeah this was bound to be an issue, would be great if blizzard could make autorunning and jumping not hinder afk DC's. Maybe require that the player moves a certain distance or interacts with a new object every 30 minutes or so.

Very unlikely to happen though. People are gonna be selfish and ques are gonna be worse for quite a while most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmanlock View Post
    I have seen solos and groups of people auto-running into walls and AFK jumpers. When I leave the area and come back even 3 hours later, they are still there. They are hiding in Stormwind and Ironforge outskirt buildings upstairs in corners.

My queue times went from 2-3 hours at 20,000 to 5-6 hours at 10,000.

When I managed to get in I was getting disconnected every hour. I'm pretty tempted to believe these are intentional disconnects on Blizzard's part to get rid of those AFK'ers, because anyone currently playing will immediately log back in and resume where they left off and AFK'ers won't be around to do that, making room for those in queue.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Blizzard did fix it, they added more servers. If you choose to stay on an overpopulated server don't blame people who stay logged in for your queue times.
    As if it was that simple. People play where their friends/guild play, they can't just move.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    We did move to one of the new servers they opened right before launch. Not super exciting to have to inform and move everyone and lose their game time already as some are 20+.

This is blizzards fault. Don't even try.

the mmo-champion team will take care of this! thanks!

- blizz
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Dont think running in place works anymore you need more inputs then just running else the server will kick you after 30min.
    Do you hear the voices too?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yeah this was bound to be an issue, would be great if blizzard could make autorunning and jumping not hinder afk DC's. Maybe require that the player moves a certain distance or interacts with a new object every 30 minutes or so.

Very unlikely to happen though. People are gonna be selfish and ques are gonna be worse for quite a while most likely.
    This is something people do to deal with the source of the problem which is not enough servers are available.

There should have been more server than it would be possible to imagine, and then just fucking merge them together when they get empty because no one should give a shit if they do that.

It sucks but it's a case of "hate the game not the player". If blizzard cant fix the queues, i dont blame ppl for trying to circumvent them.

If they have 20h+ gaming on a about 40h old realm, it's their issue that they choose a full server.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    It sucks but it's a case of "hate the game not the player". If blizzard cant fix the queues, i dont blame ppl for trying to circumvent them.
    No,this is absolutely a case of players gaming the system to get an advantage over others,and they should absolutely be held responsible for it

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    This is something people do to deal with the source of the problem which is not enough servers are available.

There should have been more server than it would be possible to imagine, and then just fucking merge them together when they get empty because no one should give a shit if they do that.
    merging servers is WAY WAY more difficult, than to face the initial problems and put up more server slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mddsteve View Post
    When I managed to get in I was getting disconnected every hour. I'm pretty tempted to believe these are intentional disconnects on Blizzard's part to get rid of those AFK'ers, because anyone currently playing will immediately log back in and resume where they left off and AFK'ers won't be around to do that, making room for those in queue.
    thats what i thought so too. they instantly dc part of the current playerbase, but those who activly play can log back in during the grace period. the afk-botters dont. so a few minutes after you get open slots on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Sadly I agree..

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    They've added a lot more servers to fix the problem. Try one of the lower populated ones.
    Pretty difficult to do when you are an officer of a 60+ member raiding guild that has been putting in time already and are level 20+.

We have had and seen chunks of people disconnected, instantly logged back and put right back into the queue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    No,this is absolutely a case of players gaming the system to get an advantage over others,and they should absolutely be held responsible for it
    It's a blizzard created problem. Players are doing everything they can to solve it on their end. Ppl want to play, not sot in queue because every server is full.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    merging servers is WAY WAY more difficult, than to face the initial problems and put up more server slowly.
    I dont agree, its impossible to force bigger guilds to transfer to a different server now that they got 100 players busy leveling up. Most guilds wont move now. They should have addded more realms to begin with but blizzard being blizzard greedy as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmanlock View Post

Auto running will not keep you logged in as there is no input (you will be logged out after 30 mins).

If they are using any kind of automated system to jump or do something else from time to time it is against TOS, you can report that behaviour.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    I never said it was easier, I just said that's what they should have done. Just picking the easy option all the time leads to insanely stupid situations like we have today.