Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How can you miss something that's available to you right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    *coughCataclysmcough*

Seriously, those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. Do we REALLY want to repeat the same mistakes the Catafailure team did?
    I honestly enjoyed a lot of Cata. The leveling zones were amazing and immersive. The dungeons and raids were great IMO. The only downside to Cata honestly was besides raiding, there wasn't much to do end game. For someone who raided a few times a week during that expansion, I think they did a decent job with it.
    Selling myself out below

Hell no, cant even touch retail after enjoying classic now. Rather sitt in a 5-6 hour queue on classic then log retail.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    I played both, loved both, but don't remember any "cut RPG elements"... mind you, I'm old so maybe I'm forgetting, but they feel plenty similar in my mind.
    I suppose one of the RPG elements cut was the Morrowind "oh, I need a dwarven goblet, go fetch it, leave Balmora, go left, and then right, uuuuh maybe it was left after the citadel, oh you know what? screw you, sort it out yourself". While you're wandering around attacked by dogs and thieves and asking yourself "where the fuck is this fucking cave".

In Skyrim it's "oh, you wanna go at this place? here, let me show you precisely on your map".

10+ Year Old Account
    I do

Because there's two types of Classic players/posters:

The one type just recognizes Classic as a fun temporary diversion for Nostalgae and a trip down memory lane.

The second type are assholes who believe Classic will re-revolutionize the Base Game and prove to the world that harder is better, and that Warcraft today has become a shit game by forgetting to cater to assholes - and you're a "Filthy Casual who has ruined our game!" if you believe otherwise.

We're upset because the 2nd type of player/poster seemingly outnumbers the first type by 200-to-1.

- - - Updated - - -

...BWAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!

Oh, now there's some rose-colored glasses for you! ^_^

Son, I made my gold fortune in Classic via Fishing! I went into BC with the ability to buy an epic flying mount 3x over thanks to Fishing!

Want to know why I made a fortune?

Because NOBODY else went fishing because "it was boring". I had the patience to do what nobody else wanted to do.

Nobody went fishing for "The buffs"... the Classic buffs lasted 5-10 minutes and weren't really worth it, until Endgame raids as every single extra number on your character counted (which, just like today's endgame raids, remains the same).

Nobody in classic got food to heal yourself because either a) you had a spell for that, b) knew a mage to make you food, or c) used bandages as it was faster.

At best, the regular food fish was desired by hunters as pet food so their pets remained loyal.
    Uh see you're being just as toxic there as those you hate. Why does it have to be a nostalgia trip or the best thing since sliced bread? You dont describe any of my friends or guildies or myself. We prefer classic. Thats it. I prefer it, tbc, and wotlk. Id play any of them over todays. It's that simple for me. I like the journey. I dont like getting thru the new expansions leveling zones in two days.

I'll let you get back to telling everyone how wrong they are though for liking classic more. But first tell me, why is it a problem for people liking classic and no one has an issue with those who prefer say Final Fantasy 6 over Final Fantasy 15? The games advanced yet many will argue 6 was the best and the devs ruined the games by going the path they went. No one tells those people theyre stupid for liking something older. It's fucking weird.

Classic and BFA will both be fine. Theres enough interest for both. Classic will go down in population over time just as retail will raise over time when new patches and expacs drop. Then classic will go up with the phases yet again.

I do

Because there's two types of Classic players/posters:

The one type just recognizes Classic as a fun temporary diversion for Nostalgae and a trip down memory lane.

The second type are assholes who believe Classic will re-revolutionize the Base Game and prove to the world that harder is better, and that Warcraft today has become a shit game by forgetting to cater to assholes - and you're a "Filthy Casual who has ruined our game!" if you believe otherwise.

We're upset because the 2nd type of player/poster seemingly outnumbers the first type by 200-to-1.

- - - Updated - - -

...BWAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!

Oh, now there's some rose-colored glasses for you! ^_^

Son, I made my gold fortune in Classic via Fishing! I went into BC with the ability to buy an epic flying mount 3x over thanks to Fishing!

Want to know why I made a fortune?

Because NOBODY else went fishing because "it was boring". I had the patience to do what nobody else wanted to do.

Nobody went fishing for "The buffs"... the Classic buffs lasted 5-10 minutes and weren't really worth it, until Endgame raids as every single extra number on your character counted (which, just like today's endgame raids, remains the same).

Nobody in classic got food to heal yourself because either a) you had a spell for that, b) knew a mage to make you food, or c) used bandages as it was faster.

At best, the regular food fish was desired by hunters as pet food so their pets remained loyal.

Please post without resorting to name calling. - Arlee
    Alright this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. Nobody went fishing haha good joke.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the opposite of my experience (and practical reality). In vanilla I constantly outleveled zones and had to either do gray quests or move on. In live I finish zones completely and it's always level appropriate - I don't ever skip anything and there's plenty to do.
    impoooosssible. Outleveled zones? It is exactly the opposite like 180 degree. Biggest problem with vanilla is that there isnt enough quests to level up. Everyone ends up having to grind mobs. Everyone knows it. The struggle even starts at level 9 in Durotar lol, people have to farm harpies/boars to get to level 12 to start the Barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    In my opinion, everything wrong with WoW post Cata is Blizzard's bizarre tendency to overreact to everything.

Everyone liked seeing the Lich King pop up from time to time in WOTLK. .
    You sadly only speak for you and myself. Apparently everyone else HATED that (on the forums at the time, at least). I remember so many people were comparing Arthas to a Saturday Morning cartoon villain because he popped up so many times.

What does Blizzard do? Make most of the next expansion focus on one character and make lore characters have more of a spotlight (which I feel takes away from the feeling of the world and the Player's place in it)
    They didn't do that. Deathwing really only popped up a couple times in the leveling story and that was it. I can't even think of one time in 90-100 where Deathwing showed up (aside from randomly showing up in an zone and shout "RAAARGH!" and burn a random patch of land). I seem to recall one time in Deepholm... maybe???

In fact, I'd argue that Deathwing had NO focus whatsoever. He was just a stooge of the Old Gods. Arthas had a calculated plan and you saw his various machinachions when he showed up. In Cataclysm?? Pfft... we got to find out the machinations of a Goblin who was an Aldolf Hitler sendup vs an Indiana Jones parody. >_<

People wanted to level faster. Leveling is a super irrelevant part of the game.
    No, people wanted to get to endgame raiding wanted to level faster and felt leveling was irrelevant. Those of us who love story and exploration LOVED leveling, not because of leveling, but it gave us a sense of growth through the game.

People like Mythic + dungeons. Design all dungeons with Mythic Plus in mind.
    I've got no say in that one, as I didn't do Mythics at all as I wasn't present when that was added.

People like the Timeless isle. Play the patch with ridiculous catch up mechanics became more apparent with design philosophy.
    Actually, a lot of people didn't like Timeless isle when it was released. I know I did, mostly because it reminded me of Skyrim, but many MANY didn't - Particularly with the fact that there was "no flying". In fact, that was the argument that Blizz was using to keep flying away from the main game going forward sighting that this was a stepping stone for it.

I remember history plenty. At least enough to know that the problem WoW is facing truly isn't as simple as "Classic vs Retail". The dev team needs to figure out what people want, how to cater to that, and if they want the game to be more adventurous and RPG driven, or more excel spreadsheet based.
    But you're not remembering history plenty - you're remembering YOUR version of history! The bit about Arthas/Deathwing shows that as the devs deliberately made Deathwing NOT show up as much because of Arthas showing up a lot! The parts you like and are assigning it to everybody else and adjusting facts to fit your views, vs the other way around.

What the dev team needs to figure out is that the entire player base as a whole isn't just attracted by "One thing". They need to make an MMORPG that makes EVERYTHING fun. That the guy who fishes has as much fun as the guy who raids mythic whathaveyous with 25 more people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Alright this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. Nobody went fishing haha good joke.
    Correct, and you damn well know I'm right! ^_^

Most people in Vanilla saw it as a chore, and thus either bought the fish (/jingles my very hefty gold purse) or just botted fishing when they went to bed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    impoooosssible. Outleveled zones? It is exactly the opposite like 180 degree. Biggest problem with vanilla is that there isnt enough quests to level up. Everyone ends up having to grind mobs. Everyone knows it. The struggle even starts at level 9 in Durotar lol, people have to farm harpies/boars to get to level 12 to start the Barren.
    I have a feeling he's not talking about 'Outleveling zones' but I'm betting he wandered into a lower-level zone by mistake, thinking he was progressing and didn't know there was another place to go.

I remember doing that myself, and was getting frustrated because I was getting little-to-no XP, then I discovered Searing Gorge on a whim. Nothing led me there on Alliance so I never knew of it! >_<

I really hope not. I'm happy for people who love Classic (for nostalgia or otherwise) as they now have access to something they enjoy more now, but I would hate to see the live game move backwards. The majority of things people in Classic chat were praising (in the 8 or so hours I was online) were things that are already available in live (by turning off default quest hints, etc.) or just plain done better in live (like general exploration and things to do other than mob tagging).
    See, it's a weird thing. I don't think that inspiration from classic should be "How can we go back and make things more archaic". While stuff like classic mob tagging might make the world feel more "alive" and reward grouping, there are ways to reward grouping without taking away the current (in my opinion better) tagging system.

Something like attunements. IT's annoying to do it with every character. So why not make it an account bound thing. You still have to do something extra, but only once. It makes the world feel a bit more mysterous like "Oh, can't wait to get in to this dungeon". Humorously enough, I think Legion did this with Suramar and BFA essences are back to being character bound.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Blizzard doesn't know what kind of game they want to make.

Quitting and making a forum post about it by level 4.

Yikes dude. The community really has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Blizzard doesn't know what kind of game they want to make.
    You feel like Blizzard doesn't know what kind of game they want to make because there are multiple and antagonist views of the game you can't really mesh together. It's either this or that for a lot of game designs, else you have bastardized solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You feel like Blizzard doesn't know what kind of game they want to make because there are multiple and antagonist views of the game.
    No, I feel it's because they can't stick with a design philosophy for more than an expansion. It doesn't feel like expansions are expanding anything, it feels like the are resetting the game.

No, I feel it's because they can't stick with a design philosophy for more than an expansion. It doesn't feel like expansions are expanding anything, it feels like the are resetting the game.
    Oh I see what you mean, it's a shame to see interesting systems removed each expansion because Blizzard tries to reinvent the wheel every expac. But it prevents the game from being too stale I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Oh yeah, did you just pull this out of your ass or do you have sources for that?
    Ignore them. They have been here since 2015, and they post on average 150 times a month. Nothing better to do than troll, and put MAGA shit in their sig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hell no, cant even touch retail after enjoying classic now. Rather sitt in a 5-6 hour queue on classic then log retail.
    This might possibly be the second stupid thing I've ever heard, followed closely by "Donald Trump should be President."

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You feel like Blizzard doesn't know what kind of game they want to make because there are multiple and antagonist views of the game you can't really mesh together. It's either this or that for a lot of game designs, else you have bastardized solutions.
    ...and I also ask the simple question of how much of the original Dev team still exists today. ;P

Hype: Classic will be a success
    Reality: Classic is a massive success

Queues are growing, more and more players are heading to play Classic. We have 24 full EU servers (about 10 at high and to hit full soon) and more than the same amount in the US. I think people don't realize what that means in the end. Right now there are hundreds of thousands of players playing Classic. Even if only 10% stay it's a tremendous success.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hype: Classic will be a success
    Reality: Classic is a massive success

Queues are growing, more and more players are heading to play Classic. We have 24 full EU servers (about 10 at high and to hit full soon) and more than the same amount in the US. I think people don't realize what that means in the end. Right now there are hundreds of thousands of players playing Classic. Even if only 10% stay it's a tremendous success.
    Something new with a lot of advertising and hype is doing well in its first week? No way

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Something new with a lot of advertising and hype is doing well in its first week? No way
    "Something new" that is 15 years old and hasn't change at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    You'd rather sit in a queue... dude listen to how ridiculous your statement is.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Ignore them. They have been here since 2015, and they post on average 150 times a month. Nothing better to do than troll, and put MAGA shit in their sig.

- - - Updated - - -

This might possibly be the second stupid thing I've ever heard, followed closely by "Donald Trump should be President."
    Could not care less what you think so it's all good, i play my steam library or ps4 why waiting in que instead of the lame shit that bfa is, it's garbage to be honest.

Atleast i will have fun when i get in unlike the joke that bfa is.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Something new with a lot of advertising and hype is doing well in its first week 48 hours? No way
    Fixed that for you. ;P