Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Got suckerd into classic by a friend and have had 4 deaths so far. 3 suicides so we didn’t have to run back to either razor hill or org and one skull raptor killing us while we ran to mulgor.

Over all it’s been really easy as a shaman and a hunter we left the valley of trials at level 2 skipping the quest and started beating on scorpions and boars because why not. At level 4 we went to that one keep with humans near razor hill and I just meeled them with rock biter for aggro while my friend shot them saving my mana for healing wave, we chain pulled 5-6 mobs as they kept respawning on us but with the mana regen and healing wave we had no problem.

The closest we came to death other then the barrens run was pulling 3 level 9-10 wolfs in mulgor for a silver leaf when we were level 5.
    Hey, thats cheating! No friends allowed!
    Are all this posts just to depress me? I died like 25 times now...dammit

5+ Year Old Account
    1 - 10 as paladin no deaths.

But that will change 15 and up for sure.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Hey, thats cheating! No friends allowed!
    Are all this posts just to depress me? I died like 25 times now...dammit
    To be fair I think a shaman at the same level of the mobs could do the same solo. We have always been attacking mobs atleast 3 levels higher then us and I’ve been able to face tank them no problem as even two mobs don’t do enough damage to out pace my mana regen.

The only place I Proabbly would have died solo was to the sailors spawning on me as just Meeleing them would have taken for ever to kill any.

I was fine until silverpine forest at level 16, went to the isle with all the gnolls, sucked as a mage as they kept resisting spells, wands and sheeps like 15-20% of the time. I was doing the quest where you need to loot the bookshelf in the tower, in the end i just kept running and dying until i got onto the roof next to the tower and was fine then. level 16-19 Gnolls and all in groups in the fort. i have to go back there at level 24 to kill the elite, i am not looking forward to that haha. I think 15 deaths on that alone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    To be fair I think a shaman at the same level of the mobs could do the same solo. We have always been attacking mobs atleast 3 levels higher then us and I’ve been able to face tank them no problem as even two mobs don’t do enough damage to out pace my mana regen.

The only place I Proabbly would have died solo was to the sailors spawning on me as just Meeleing them would have taken for ever to kill any.
    As a rogue...i crap myself against mobs of my own level and above 1 or 2 levels.

3 levels above? Forget about it...there wont be crap coming out of my ass. Just blood ahah

Level 7 Undead Mage - died when the elevator in UNdercity left without me, first and only death so far.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Not a single time. But i could die from laughing about all those long queues if i just tried hard enough.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-08-28 at 03:42 PM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried helping someone who had pulled 4 mobs, only for all 4 to turn on me after he died.

So much for being selfless.

5-6 times as a lvl10 warrior. Mostly in caves.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I tried helping someone who had pulled 4 mobs, only for all 4 to turn on me after he died.

So much for being selfless.
    Dude i was on a zone of level 13 mobs and higer....craping myself on every single mob.

One level 10 added me to the party...which was incredibly inconvinient to me because it was a low drop chance item quest.
    I died (we died a couple times before)
    And the level 10 tells me: "Hey im not a saint, be careful"

According to him i was being graced with his presence, a level 10 in a level 13-14 zone pahahah, so much for being a nice person

One so far, respawns in a cave got me. Quite annoying, honestly.

Lol this is hilarious. On retail I have tons of alts with all heirlooms and dying is really not a thing. On classic though, omg, I was surprised when it first happened. Its usually going oom as a mage and not killing the mob before he kills me. Oh and lots of face pulls lol, gotta really pay attention to surroundings and mana - which is awesome, makes the game a much more interesting and dangerous place to be!

Btw, its been a blast saving people. I had a couple random people almost dying when I go and pop a bandage on them and attack their mob for them. Feels like a true hero

I dont consider myself a bad player but im for sure a "noob" when it comes to Vanilla leveling experience.

With that said...i died around 20 times and im level 12

Reasons:

Respawns
    Ninja pulls
    Simply cant beat a mob 1v1
    Boss quest
    Pulling a mob without healing myself first

I keep making mistakes...its pitiful as a low level rogue trying to kill any orange level mobs, only to die miserably
    I think im not doing the quests in the right "order" and im picking hard quests first instead of the lower levels one. Could be the case.
    I've died about 8 times on my level 18 Warrior. All of which were charging a mob without seeing the two more around the corner, or respawns in a cave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I died twice so far at level 10 warrior. First from crocodile in wetlands while I was running to boat. Second while killing Lord Menetas in Teldrassil.
    It's pretty easy, but I'm mostly doing green and gray quests. Leveling is too fast. I hope it'll slow down enough to actually do all quests at proper level.

About a dozen times so far - most recent deaths in Westfall gnoll camps because multiple mobs respawned around me while I was in combat and I don't want to give up my kill and run. Playing lock with VW and fear makes it possible to take on three mobs my level or slightly higher, but if VW can't get aggro I die pretty quickly. These gnolls don't play.

This morning a passing druid threw a HoT on me as well as MotW while the gnolls were getting ready to murder me again- saved my life and made my day =).
    Last edited by mmonym; 2019-08-28 at 04:15 PM.

Dude i was on a zone of level 13 mobs and higer....craping myself on every single mob.

One level 10 added me to the party...which was incredibly inconvinient to me because it was a low drop chance item quest.
    I died (we died a couple times before)
    And the level 10 tells me: "Hey im not a saint, be careful"

According to him i was being graced with his presence, a level 10 in a level 13-14 zone pahahah, so much for being a nice person
    He was a class with healing, right? So he could heal you but he cant be there all the time, like a saintly/selfless character. Either way he was trying to tell you to be careful because he cant save you all the time. Even if he is level 10, your death numbers are way too high to not be reckless and im sure you stick out as a "weaker player" in groups, so the level 10 was not wrong.

Couple of times when I was AFK.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He was a class with healing, right? So he could heal you but he cant be there all the time, like a saintly/selfless character. Either way he was trying to tell you to be careful because he cant save you all the time. Even if he is level 10, your death numbers are way too high to not be reckless and im sure you stick out as a "weaker player" in groups, so the level 10 was not wrong.
    He was a mage...i enjoyed his help but a low drop chance quest and sharing mobs with him....on top of low mob count due to other people also killing the same mobs.
    Uff.

Well im sure you're getting the "original experience" at this point then, learning how mobs are super aggressive towards you especially if they are a higher level, how drop rates are abysmal for quest items, crowded areas bottleneck the game for hours and the slow pace overall.

I havent gotten in on it yet because I want to wait for people to hit the mid 30's before I start out so I have a clearer path, but in some ways im not especially excited about it.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only one death and that was from getting like 7-8 NPCs by mistake sadly got most down but couldn't out kite the last 2
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT