Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Good thing then that ecigs are not vaping tobacco.
    Guess what Malboro is selling?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...co-device.html
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Did you read that? FDA does not consider that an ecig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Did you read that? FDA does not consider that an ecig.
    Totally. But it's the premise that Malboro has released a device which allows people to vape tobacco.

Malboro has cigarettes, heatsticks, and also dropped 15bil into Juul. It's crazy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Technically there been other deaths due to faulty devices exploding in people faces.
    Doubt vapers will care about this regardless
    Vapers are too busy huffing Admiral's Breakfast, strawberry ice cream, and their own farts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Vapers are too busy huffing Admiral's Breakfast, strawberry ice cream, and their own farts.
    Strawberry, Watermelon, and Cantaloupe. Delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tied or Caused By?

One I give zero fucks about, the other, could be bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    But the first death ever recorded in the US due to it?
    "Contracted a serious lung disease"

While my first, admittedly undereducated guess was "they smoked germs from a nonsanitary Juul" then I saw this:

The leading theory at the moment is that the culprits are largely counterfeit vapors, bought on the black market or tampered with in some way — resulting in clusters of cases in certain states and cities. That makes finding answers all the more difficult. States have shipped product samples to FDA for testing, but without standardized packaging and ingredient lists it’s difficult for the agency to know what it’s looking for or what to recall.
    I'm not ready to discount the whole industry that had 193 illnesses in a country where cars, alcohol, guns and using a lawn mower as a hedge trimmer have all had higher body counts. That said, if there was ANY item I was going to put in my mouth routinely (like a fork) I would wash that fucker just as routinely. The counterfeit crap? No idea how bad that is, but I also don't buy Chinese toothpaste from Wal-Mart.

Strawberry, Watermelon, and Cantaloupe. Delicious.
    If the byproduct of their habit actually smelled like those fruits in the same way as those girly fru-fru sprays, I probably wouldn't mind as much, forgetting their general insufferability. But all scents from vapers have that weird hookah smell to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the byproduct of their habit actually smelled like those fruits in the same way as those girly fru-fru sprays, I probably wouldn't mind as much, forgetting their general insufferability. But all scents from vapers have that weird hookah smell to them.
    I know what you mean. Some are better than others, but i've smelt plenty that don't really match the flavor advertised. Like you say, it has a sorta hookah-ish smell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally. But it's the premise that Malboro has released a device which allows people to vape tobacco.

Malboro has cigarettes, heatsticks, and also dropped 15bil into Juul. It's crazy imo.
    That's not vaping however. I know technology moves fast but tobacco is off topic and regulated under different titles. Smoking has the 2nd hand smoke of tobacco and vapor does not.

hmf...putting shit in your lungs that isn't clean air is bad.
    If everyone that smoked/vaped dies later because of ailments related to the shit in their lungs, as smokers tend to, I find myself indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-message-field

Smoking cannabis dramatically increases a person’s risk of suffering a heart attack, according to a major new study.

Researchers in the United States found that, over a five-year period, regular users in their early 30s were 4.6 times more likely to have a cardiac-related illness than those who did not smoke the drug.

Users in their late 20s were three times more likely to have a heart attack.

I know this article is related to smoking weed in general and not vaping per say.
    My dad has been smoking cannabis since he was 16 and is now 63, his heart is the age of a 50 year old. So there are clearly many other factors like inactivity and poor health habits I am betting.

I keep seeing the same poor arguments over and over again in this thread, so I figured it was time to dispel a few. I’m doing this quickly, and from memory, so I won’t be linking my sources. If you think I’m just spouting nonsense, then by all means, do the same amount of fact checking that I’ve done on all of these so-called “studies”. As a side note before I get into it, each and every one of the major studies you see talked about on the news today get the majority of their funding from Altria, the parent company of Phillip Morris. These are objectively anti-vape smear campaigns designed to maintain the death grip Big Tobacco has on addicts around the world.

Exploding Devices
    OK, so the main component of a vape is called a “Mod”, and it houses the battery, electrical circuitry, and regulating chip. In most vapes, the regulating chip will control the output of the device, protecting the user from overdrawing their battery (either from building their “coil” incorrectly, or by draining the battery for too long a time. A Lithium Ion battery that is overworked will begin to overheat, and undergo a “runaway” reaction, causing it to explode. The regulating chip in most modern devices will prevent this from happening. There is still a thing known as a mechanical mod, or “Mech mod”, that does not contain any safety devices. Most of these devices are not sold in stores, and are instead built as a part of a kit. The kits, and online instructional tools are all very, very clear about the dangers in building your own device, and the problem is very rare today.

Popcorn Lung
    Popcorn Lung is a rare respiratory condition first discovered in employees of the Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn factory. The food additive used to create the artificial butter flavoring (Diacetyl) is now known to cause this respiratory condition, and has been banned as a flavoring agent in vaping devices. The thing that they fail to mention is the quantity of Diacetyl in vaping products vs the amount of Diacetyl that the Orville Redenbacher employees were exposed to. The fact is, the atmospheric concentration of Diacetyl was over 3000 times higher than the highest concentration found in vaping devices, and that only 3 of the 900 people working in that factory actually got sick (both after 30 years of employment). This means that in order for someone to contract popcorn lung from vaping, they would need to 1.) Vape with every breath, 24/7/365, and 2.) continue this for 90,000 years in order to have one third of 1 percent (0.0033) chance of getting popcorn lung. This is hardly a concern if you ask me.

Heavy Metals
    This one is outrageous. The test specifically created the conditions that were necessary in order to prove their narrative. In order to understand how bad this study was, you need to understand how a vape works (and how it doesn’t work). A vape works by passing electrical current through a resistance wire, causing that wire to heat up. The heated wire is in contact with cotton, saturated by vape juice. The juice is rapidly heated, causing a vapor.

There are two different types of vaping devices. The first is referred to as a MTL device (Mouth-to-Lung), which closely simulates the sensation of smoking a cigarette. The vapor is pulled first into the mouth, then from the mouth to the lungs. The total volume of air that is pulled through the device is typically no more than the volume of air that one can pull into their mouth, and the duration of the “pull” is relatively long. This is much like the action taken smoking a cigarette. MTL devices are typically very low wattage devices, the heating coils do not heat up very quickly, and their max temperature is limited by the ohm’s of the wire and the amperage on the battery.

The second kind of vape is known as a Direct-to-Lung device (DTL), which is more similar to how someone would smoke from a bong. The vapor is pulled directly from the vape to the lungs, without sucking on the vape like you would on a cigarette or a straw. The total volume of air that is pulled through the device is typically the same as your lung capacity. DTL devices are typically high wattage devices, and the heating coils heat up very quickly. The temperature is controlled by the movement of large volumes of air over the coils.

If someone were to take a drag on a DTL device, using the mechanics of smoking a cigarette, they would immediately dislike it. It would be very hot to the mouth and lungs, and not pleasurable at all. This is because they have taken away the cooling mechanism of a DTL device, namely airflow. What happened in the study in question, is the “scientists” studied the volume and duration of a typical cigarette drag, and used those figures with a very high wattage DTL device. The study showed elevated levels of heavy metals in the vapor produced… because they literally melted the fucking vape. Temperatures on the coil were measured over 2700C, higher than the boiling temperature of Nickel. It’s fair to say that vapers would never use a device this way, but just in case you’re wondering, a great majority of devices on the market today have safety features that prevent you from creating an artificial sun in your hand. The "Scientists"? They created a vape themselves because every one that they could buy was melting before the test was complete.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Explain to me why papers should care about faulty devices exploding?

Especially when said faulty devices have often turned out to be personally modified devices?? Shall plumbers be concerned because pipes can kill you if made into a pipe bomb?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    My dad has been smoking cannabis since he was 16 and is now 63, his heart is the age of a 50 year old. So there are clearly many other factors like inactivity and poor health habits I am betting.
    So true. Like the world's oldest woman at the time of her death ( in France ) was 122 and she smoked cigarettes most of her life. Some have genes which protect a person against some harmful substances. So I guess if one wants to play the lottery.....
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post

So for those who don't kow what "vaping" is, it is an alternative to smoking - inhaling actual smoke - and instead inhaling vapor. These turn of events are scary since this trend caught on like wildfire.

But the first death ever recorded in the US due to it? I doubt this will deter young people from vaping still.
    cannabis oil, huh? so i guess we can say we have confirmed weed deaths now?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Peer pressure is a mother fucker.

Trying to fit in will make young people do some really stupid things.
    Many don't even answer with peer pressure, or anything like that, they just have no idea how they started. It's baffling.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

A lot of counterfit THC carts going around that come from China and specifically the same factories that manufacture other more illicit drugs. Find a trusted shop or be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantworth1 View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that many people might be opposed to both Big Tobacco AND vaping?

You know, on the grounds that someone spewing out what looks like the product of a dry ice machine is probably not doing themselves any good even if we can't say exactly why yet. In other news I can't give you an exact explanation why eating dogshit is a bad idea but I'm fairly certain you shouldn't try it.

Did it also occur to you that vaping and big tobacco are mostly the same people?
    Vaping and big tobacco are not the same people you realize they carry very very very different products right?

Big tobacco has funded anti-vaping measures so trying to say they're the same is rather silly.

Philip Morris and Altria in Talks to Merge in Bid for Vaping Market

Two of the world’s largest tobacco companies, Philip Morris International and the Altria Group, are discussing a merger that would reunite them after more than a decade in a deal aimed at domination of the fast-growing electronic-cigarette market.

Analysts and investors have long speculated that the companies would merge, given mounting pressure from declining cigarette sales and the need to invest in other sources of revenue.

In April, Philip Morris won approval from the Food and Drug Administration to sell a heated tobacco product called iQOS in the United States, a big win for a company looking to move beyond traditional cigarettes.

Unlike combustible cigarettes, iQOS devices heat tobacco-filled sticks wrapped in paper, generating an aerosol that contains nicotine. They are different from e-cigarettes such as the popular Juul device, which vaporizes a nicotine-filled liquid.

Altria, which owns a 35 percent stake in Juul Labs, already markets iQOS as part of a licensing agreement with Philip Morris.