Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The forces showing up in the Shadowlands, I suppose? It's not really clear why phantom ships would be there, though. Perhaps it is supposed to represent the forces of Helya, but you'd think those would be Vrykul/Kvaldir-themed and not Alliance ships.
    Maybe those are the ghosts of the Alliance / Horde ships that got bombed or whirlpooled in 8.1/8.2?

Just another pile of misinformation. Has so many holes it's impossible to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks fanmade.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Garrosh received like 3 times model update, and he was used for like half expansion, then whole expansion, then 1/4 expansion.
    The Mists of Pandaria model wasn't implemented until Siege of Orgrimmar was released. He still used his Cataclysm model for most of the expansion.
    So they pretty much updated him for a single patch and then killed him off in some random quest in the beginning of WoD.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2019-08-29 at 09:38 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    The Mists of Pandaria model wasn't implemented until Siege of Orgrimmar was released. He still used his Cataclysm model for most of the expansion.
    So they pretty much updated him for a single patch and then killed him off in some random quest in WoD.
    it was an update due to the new orcs model that they received in WoD, consider him the test of it, just like how saurfang was the test of straight orcs.

however, lorthemar was a complete overhaul, totally new looks.

the last line of the fight sounds bad/cheesy enough to be true.... the screen shot is bad enough to be real... sorta like phishing emails and such seem so bad but can be real and are sometimes bad on purpose. Perhaps they just quickly through something together for the sake of a presentation.

i REALLY hope its not real though.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I do like the image, the ghostly people in stormwind harbor. I also kinda like the story idea. It sounds stupid, way over the top and just insane. Plus an expansion has to end on a cheesy oneliner right? It sounds WoW enough to be real.

it was an update due to the new orcs model that they received in WoD, consider him the test of it, just like how saurfang was the test of straight orcs.

however, lorthemar was a complete overhaul, totally new looks.
    My point still stands that Garrosh got a brand spanking new model, only for him to be axed shortly after. They could have left him with the Cataclysm model to avoid needless work, but they did it anyway.
    So I don't find it unlikely that Lor'themar wouldn't meet the same fate (Even if this supposed "leak" is a load of bull).

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    To be fair, A) He could be lying to trick gullible people such as yourself who believe everything they are told.
    Uhm... Not really. I don't see that, lol. They never done anything like that.

And they also said that they won't kill Sylvanas on numerous ocassions... And we've seen clearly that Anduin is alive in the comics that was placed in the future.

So no. I mean like seriously - no. Never. Not on any ocassion. I wouldn't think so. Nope.

"Heed the call, Champions of Azeroth! Now that your entire world is dead, everything you cared for is lost and destroyed and there is absolutely no way of ever bringing anything back that would give this whole world meaning and reason.....the children of your people are dead and burned, there is no future, no beauty no NOTHING left...NOW is the time to pick up your weapons and follow me, the person you hate the most on the entire world, into the big battle for absolutely jack shit fucking nothing at all!"

....what? You are not motivated?

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Not just Sylvanas, but literally every Horde race too. She has the loyalty of the people. They are equally guilty.
    Which has been a constant point of contention among the fanbase. She has the loyalty of the NPC's. She doesn't have much loyalty with playable.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Interesting idea, but that screen grab is definitely not from the modern Blizzard cinematic team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay if this is true... And they still can't get away with this sylvanas bs... I might also consider classic. This would be so horrible. I don't want a freaking expansion full of shadow lands or whatever. I want a normal world and from a base in the normal world to fight the baddies. Please nooo let this be a fake again
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    My point still stands that Garrosh got a brand spanking new model, only for him to be axed shortly after. They could have left him with the Cataclysm model to avoid needless work, but they did it anyway.
    So I don't find it unlikely that Lor'themar wouldn't meet the same fate (Even if this supposed "leak" is a load of bull).
    yet garrosh model is not as overhaul as Lor'themar one, the model from wotlk to cata was the big overhaul to garrosh, the late mop is the all orcs update.

and still, garrosh was used as a last boss and a whole WoD intro.

what was lor'themar used for now? not much, to completely overhaul his looks only to kill him without doing anything significant with him is not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Uhm... Not really. I don't see that, lol. They never done anything like that.

And they also said that they won't kill Sylvanas on numerous ocassions... And we've seen clearly that Anduin is alive in the comics that was placed in the future.

So no. I mean like seriously - no. Never. Not on any ocassion. I wouldn't think so. Nope.
    Just like they said the Warchief at the end of MoP would be ‘someone we don’t expect’ and that it’d be a ‘surprise’ to find out who burned Teldrassil? Them saying Sylvanas won’t die is confirmation of the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

yet garrosh model is not as overhaul as Lor'themar one, the model from wotlk to cata was the big overhaul to garrosh, the late mop is the all orcs update.

what was lor'themar used for now? not much, to completely overhaul his looks only to kill him without doing anything significant with him is not happening.
    His model would still be used in the shadowlands though. Nobody here actually dies (as in is removed from the story).

Does someone know which boat the artist used? The big ones are kvaldir ones with the Forsaken flag added on, but I don't recognize the small ones with the spikes.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Boat
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Time will tell, of course. But with Blizzard's latest track record of killing major lore characters since Legion, it honestly won't surprise me if it did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I was maybe kinda sorta halfway buying the possibility until the Bolvar thing. Like, a siege of Stormwind is very possible IMO, but the whole sequence of events after that is just shithouse rat insanity.
    Yeah, that part makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

This also fails to provide any conclusion to the Heart of Azeroth. Is Magni just going to mill around silithus wondering why we no longer show up?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screenshot looks like HotS engine.

So many useless arguments here. The leak is almost certainly fake but people are grasping at all the wrong straws.

1. Ghost versions of NPCs will obviously still use their original model.
    2. Regardless of whether the leak is real or not, do you honestly think the deaths are supposed to be permanent? This is a lame argument. Everyone dies according to the leak, so it's clearly only temporary.
    3. You go to the Shadowlands every time you die in-game and leave once you find your corpse again. Many characters have died and come back. If your corpse hasn't decayed or been destroyed, it's not a big deal.
    4. Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want. The rules about mortality in WoW are extremely vague and ill-defined, so there's really no point in denying things at face value.