Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    - Slow leveling
    - Hundred Players tagging one mob/vein/flower/whatever
    - Slow Battles
    - Boring as fuck
    - Not enough QoL

Just as expected.
    Exactly what this guy said.

WoW Vanilla was MUCH easier than Everquest and other MMOs that came before, and WoW brought the genre into the mainstream, but WoW Vanilla compared to Retail is now the slow, boring slog.

And before the guy comes in here insulting me like he did Aradur (with the bumpers in bowling comment), we're entitled to our opinion, even if it's a bait thread.

I'm not saying people who enjoy Classic are terrible or anything. I personally do not enjoy Classic, despite having a consistent sub since May 2005 and leveling to 60 as a Hunter in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Blizzard listened to people like you when they made retail wow and lost 70% of their subscribers. The least you could do is let 70% have fun now that their game is back.
    That's not true. LOADS of QoL stuff were added BEFORE the numbers dropped.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    cause i read this dumbass retail fanboy post... relogging back in now...

i have this one friend whos so salty every time he h ears about how successful classic is. People cant accept that others are happy with something that they dont like i guess.
    While I agree with the sentiment, the same can be said of a lot of pro-Classic players who get very angry that some people still prefer the retail version of WoW.

Classic doing well is as good for Retail as Retail doing well is good. More money for Blizzard ideally means more money put into WoW, both Retail and extra legacy servers, but too many people seem to want one to kill the other, when the best thing for the majority is to have the two coexist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because my girlfriend was about to leave me for good last night.

And she left the door open WTF. Had to stop playing to close it but I'm back now.

Blizzard listened to people like you when they made retail wow and lost 70% of their subscribers. The least you could do is let 70% have fun now that their game is back.
    The more I read this line, the more fallacies I find. I didn't know it was possible to cram so many fallacies together like this. Bravo.

Here are some of them:
    • Implying the loss of subscribers is solely due to the QoL and other "player requested" changes;
    • Implying every single subscriber that left over the years will return for Classic;
    • Implying every single subscriber that left over the years even like Vanilla WoW;
    • Implying every single QoL change done is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    While I agree with the sentiment, the same can be said of a lot of pro-Classic players who get very angry that some people still prefer the retail version of WoW.

Classic doing well is as good for Retail as Retail doing well is good. More money for Blizzard ideally means more money put into WoW, both Retail and extra legacy servers, but too many people seem to want one to kill the other, when the best thing for the majority is to have the two coexist.
    I love and enjoy both in different ways myself. Currently taking a short break from retail for nostalgia value with my friends.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    cause i read this dumbass retail fanboy post... relogging back in now...

i have this one friend whos so salty every time he h ears about how successful classic is. People cant accept that others are happy with something that they dont like i guess.
    "Dumb ass retail fanboy"
    "People cant accept that others are happy with something that they dont like"
    you have replaced eleccy with a new level of just amazement.

- - - Updated - - -

not true at all, they listened to those people and made tbc, and wotlk, and wotlk brought wow up to the highest players ever
    also your showing your true colours there mate.
    "You people ruined this game when blizzard listened to you"
    so blizzard is listening to the fans and creating a game they want, isnt that good?
    oh but wait as you said "you people" implyign there are fans of a game who shouldnt be allowed to put in input.

also "retail lost 70%" not true, we dont know, and even then never true from the numbers we know
    that 70% i presume your comparing to is wotlk... not vanilla so again, you arte horrid at this
    and last, you really think every single person who played classic wow, is a fan who is playing right now and loves it? really?
    you think this is some magic world where every single person who played classic is

1. able to devout the time
    2. plays games still
    3. is alive
    4. wants to play classic
    5. is able to play classic
    6. even enjoyed classic back then
    7. enjoys classic now?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-08-29 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That's not true. LOADS of QoL stuff were added BEFORE the numbers dropped.
    EXACTLY, which is why the numbers dropped...

If you were trying to make some kind of point then you would have said that numbers dropped before QoL BS...but that DIDN'T happen
    Are things starting to make sense now?
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

The game is too easy. We 3-man several dungeons so far without a tank. Back to mythic plus.
    Que times.
    Slow gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the leveling itself is in no way engaging or challenging. No amount of skill will help if you accidentally pull a couple mobs you will die, coupled with graveyards being miles away makes the whole experience not enjoyable.

It is not "hard", just merely artificially difficult which leads to a dull and boring experience of leveling by pulling 1 or 2 mobs no larger that 2-3 levels above you.

And I had high hopes of experiencing the talent points again but I came to realize that for most of the content you'll just end up running 1 build while leveling or 2 if you swap midway and not much changing on max either. There is no thing like having versatile builds depending on each boss encounter like on live. You'll just go with whatever suits the biggest case of fights.

The couple dungeons I did were fun, but again too easy. The only difficult part was if you accidentally pull too many adds, dungeon bosses are boring and require almost 0 knowledge compared to live, outside the bosses that have adds coming in. And this comes from someone that was tanking the dungeons without checking fights beforehand.

Everything seems to be just artificially slowed down for the sake of taking longer to do, which makes sense from what I've seen since engame content isn't that rich in classic (raids and pvp basically, and pvp isnt in yet).

But yeah, classic is definitely not a game of skill like some people were glorifying it to be. I like the amount of spells my class has but most of them are just bloat and never get used (not saying that the amount they purged in BfA/Legion is good, we need a bit more niche).

One thing I did enjoy is leveling my main and secondary proffesions (BS and Mining, Cooking and First Aid). Cooking was enjoyable especially with getting a unique recipe from each zone.

I'll take M+ and other endgame content recent expansions have to offer with the downside of diablo loot and purged classes over the dullness of classic.

Classes themselves also play a lot more fun in BfA since they arent artificially slowed down, have a wider array of builds and you can do more interesting stuff with various combos.
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2019-08-29 at 02:16 PM.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    I haven't stopped yet but if queues do not stabilize over the weekend I will take a two week break from it or so, I have limited playing time as it is and I don't want to spend all that time in queues.
    Myself I'm free 24/7 but my partner works and while we would have 2-3 hours of gametime of an evening together, trying to ensure we're both actually online and ingame for when that few hours starts is proving tough with these queues so we're mostly spending an hour looking at memes and about 90 minutes playing.

Like I say, doesn't bother me so much, I play during the day a lot; but I can understand her frustration. Like you say if it hasn't cleared up a bit by the weekend with this hot-fix for queues, it may just be healthier to step back for a fortnight and try again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

- Slow leveling
    - Slow Battles
    - Boring as fuck
    - Not enough QoL

Just as expected.
    Old time MMO players who have done the nostalgia kick with their old MMO loves know that nostalgia sucks. :P The game has evolved for a reason. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    EXACTLY, which is why the numbers dropped...

If you were trying to make some kind of point then you would have said that numbers dropped before QoL BS...but that DIDN'T happen
    Are things starting to make sense now?
    Are you obtuse? Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King bolstered the highest consistent player populations in the history of the game, all while implementing QoL changes and catch up mechanics that made it easier for new players while holdovers from Classic remained at least until Sunwell or ICC. The steepest first drop off came after Cataclysm hit. For many players, WoW had run its course lore-wise and they were moving on anyway. They were replaced by newer players. But don't sit there and try to act like the whole Classic population moved on before BC or Wrath because that's a pile of bullshit.

Warr lvl 12 here. I stopped playing because I'm at work, but gonna keep playing after

Blizzard raised numbers within many, many patches and even Addons with new features and QoL-Changes. You also dont consider there are other reasons then this changes that made people stop playing WoW. How about its an old game people playing many years already? Knowing everything? Want to try something new? I think its impressive how long WoW lasts to this day and it's a major achievement. If you think subscriber-count will ever raise again to the maximum point because of classic i think you will be disappointed. Im pretty sure the drop will be massive after the first few weeks of classic, because people are not used to 15 year old game-mechanics - myself included. I played the crap out of vanilla, raised and raided with an Alliance Hunter and an Orc Warrior and i just loved it. Even after playing 6 Levels in Classic, being frustrated over so many things i logged into retail and it felt just incredibly good to play it again. You just realise how much WoW has grown over the years from a clunky, uncomfortable game to a really good and thoughtful one.

Everyone that can do it - enjoy classic, make the experience. But don't be disillusioned about it. It's not just the "beginng that is rough" (rough in a way of unconformtable and badly designed - NOT difficult), it get's more and more annoying and boring the longer you play it. And at 60 all that awaits you is an Dead End if you are not willing to dedicate your life to a video game. And even then its "farming and raiding" or "queue in battleground with 9 other people for hours every day". Nothing else to do. If thats what floats your boat thats cool. But be damn sure you will be the absolute minority at this point.
    Last edited by Aradur; 2019-08-29 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    Why did you stop playing classic?
    I stopped because the tinted rose glasses finally came off.

- Slow leveling
    - Slow Battles
    - Boring as fuck
    - Not enough QoL

Just as expected.
    then why did you start playing to begin with if it was 100% known beforehand what it would be like? If you don't like tequila why would you try it again when it would taste exactly the same as before? You know the old saying Fool me once Shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Or did you just want to play for 15 minutes so you could spend the rest of your life negatively commenting on Classic every chance you get?

So, based on your comment we can assume 1 of 3 things:

1) You're a fool because you decided to play a game again that you didn't like and fully expected not to like

2) you played Classic, ever so briefly, so you can repeatedly tell everyone on these forums how bad it is

3) both.

Enjoy BFA.

Just has no appeal to me. Not interested.
    I also quit retail, so there’s that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    becuase i had to sleep, BUT IM BACK
    SAME ! Let's go!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I got tired of my character (and everything around me too) looking like pixelated crap.

Extremely limited class/race combinations didn't help either.