Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't care about lore changes based on rep, bitch go's nuts and turns into a dragon and you slay her. Also it's the same boss and enemies as the Edelgard path the only difference is it's in the monastery map instead of kingdom capitol. Hell rather she "lives" or not is pointless anyways since it's implied she dies in every ending but BL unless you S rank her

Also I only even did that path because I kept a save at the choice, the path is ass and I just turned the difficulty down to normal, auto instructed and auto battled and banged it out in about 5 hours or so. It's a garbage path that copy pasted with you taking orders from bitch made Seteth. It shouldn't even exist in the game, they should of just made the other path for that house longer like the rest instead.
    Lot of hate for Rhea here. And "bitch made Seteth" ? Dude is one of the best character of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Dude is one of the best character of the game.
    If by worst you mean the most poorly written, with the 2nd worst VAing(and only 2nd because Mercedes exists) sure I guess. Not to mention he is just the stereotypical protective big brother actually dad trope and has no actual character development except for in 1 route he actually admits he is a child of the goddess but is actually worthless anyways because he can't use his powers anymore Him and Flayn could literally not exist and the game's story would be fine, they are basically irrelevant and the most plot you will ever get on either of them is if you take them to the Leonie/Lindhart paralogue which funny enough they don't go to by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If by worst you mean the most poorly written, with the 2nd worst VAing(and only 2nd because Mercedes exists) sure I guess. Not to mention he is just the stereotypical protective big brother actually dad trope and has no actual character development except for in 1 route he actually admits he is a child of the goddess but is actually worthless anyways because he can't use his powers anymore Him and Flayn could literally not exist and the game's story would be fine, they are basically irrelevant and the most plot you will ever get on either of them is if you take them to the Leonie/Lindhart paralogue which funny enough they don't go to by default.
    What ? He has one of the best VA of the game. And getting character development in the span of 6 years for someone who lived more than a 1000 would be pretty laughable, even then you still learn why he's so protective, which you can't really blame him for after learning the reason. He also give a lot of insight through some support about Humanity and Crest that indicates that the Church isn't really to blame and that the real big problem in the Crest System is...Human nature, whoa Shocking.

Is this even worth getting? Because I heard WiiU was still better.

What ? He has one of the best VA of the game. And getting character development in the span of 6 years for someone who lived more than a 1000 would be pretty laughable, even then you still learn why he's so protective, which you can't really blame him for after learning the reason. He also give a lot of insight through some support about Humanity and Crest that indicates that the Church isn't really to blame and that the real big problem in the Crest System is...Human nature, whoa Shocking.
    He doesn't tell you anything of value about crests.

In the GD route Rhea literally tells you exactly how crests and their weapons came to be, and it's quite sad that Rhea of all people is more up front then him. Hell he even tries to stop Rhea from telling the main character this even when the king of liberation is at the doorstep about to destroy them lmao.

Also spare me the "it makes sense he is a trope" excuse. It doesn't stop him from being a trope. A highly played out one at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get all of that lore in the GD route too, along with having a much better lord character to boot in Claude.

The black eagle route should frankly have been the Edelgard one only, and had it expanded to fit in actually dealing with those who slither rather than cramming into the epilogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I haven't heard anyone say the WiiU was better.. The only time I heard it might've been worth it was at the start if you picked up a used one as a breath of the wild machine

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I haven't heard anyone say the WiiU was better.. The only time I heard it might've been worth it was at the start if you picked up a used one as a breath of the wild machine
    I mean, the Wii U had a better library for maybe like... a year into the Switch life. Now the Switch has easily overtaken it since most of the Wii U library has either gotten ports or newer versions on Switch. Only a few outlier games worth owning a Wii U for anymore(W101, Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions) and at this point you have to wonder how long until they get ported, not if they get ported.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The Switch's library is absolutely epic since Ori was announced and Astral Chain reviewed so well, Three Houses was epic, and Mario Maker 2 just this year have been destroying it. It is also portable.

It's an opinion, but no, the WiiU was a mediocre console that wasn't supported well in the library department(though it had some great games, like most consoles do), was abandoned early, was difficult to buy used due to the external controller, and wasn't very popular. The Switch is a portable console with a docked mode that improves performance over portable mode, an amazing library, quickly becoming one of the more popular consoles, probably ever, and has multiple highly rated exclusives and ports of some of the best games from this and last gen. Huge amount of ports from other consoles, indies are big now and many are on Switch. Original Wii had "shovelware" while Switch has high quality games instead in form of ports and indies(with relatively much less "shovelware" imo). There is no comparison, imo.

The Switch is great and is absolutely worth getting. I've had a few "collecting dust" consoles over the years from Nintendo. This ain't one. The games are there, already.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-08-29 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    The Switch's library is absolutely epic since Ori was announced and Astral Chain reviewed so well, Three Houses was epic, and Mario Maker 2 just this year have been destroying it. It is also portable.

It's an opinion, but no, the WiiU was a mediocre console that wasn't supported well in the library department(though it had some great games, like most consoles do), was abandoned early, was difficult to buy used due to the external controller, and wasn't very popular. The Switch is a portable console with a docked mode that improves performance over portable mode, an amazing library, quickly becoming one of the more popular consoles, probably ever, and has multiple highly rated exclusives and ports of some of the best games from this and last gen. Huge amount of ports from other consoles, indies are big now and many are on Switch. Original Wii had "shovelware" while Switch has high quality games instead in form of ports and indies(with relatively much less "shovelware" imo). There is no comparison, imo.

The Switch is great and is absolutely worth getting. I've had a few "collecting dust" consoles over the years from Nintendo. This ain't one. The games are there, already.
    Wow, thanks, I might pick it up on Black Friday this year for my niece then. Good informative response.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Is there a game like this out on Switch? If so, I would like to play it...

Ok, enough of me being a smart butt.

I started playing Fire Emblem Three Houses and I feel really really lost. I've managed to win the first few battles but still have little to no idea on what's going on, what i should focus on, what stats I should pay attention to. It's just a lot of information that I think is going to take me a lot of time to understand comfortably.

In case people want to know--I ended up picking Golden Deer.
    Basically, for Normal, you should focus on Brawling and either Heavy Armor or Riding. I find the main character has good skill growth using Swords without spending Faculty Training points on it and Authority grows pretty quickly as well. Also, by rank C, you are better off equipping a weapon and using it than spending points on it over a lower skilled weapon class. Brawling is insanely OP early game but balances out near the end of the game at both Normal and Hard difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Basically, for Normal, you should focus on Brawling and either Heavy Armor or Riding. I find the main character has good skill growth using Swords without spending Faculty Training points on it and Authority grows pretty quickly as well. Also, by rank C, you are better off equipping a weapon and using it than spending points on it over a lower skilled weapon class. Brawling is insanely OP early game but balances out near the end of the game at both Normal and Hard difficulties.
    If you're trying to optimize anything then just make an entire team of wyvern riders lmao. They will literally mop the floor with any map, including any filled with archers. Wyvern Riders+Stride Bot+Warp Bot = every map in the game is dead in 4 turns max. Brawling is pretty shit tbh.

Fortunately you don't really need to optimize anything in the game so it's w/e but that is going to be the comp when harder difficulties come out for sure, it's too easy to keep them out of range of archers while still killing everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fliers would be slightly less OP if dismounting/mounting actually consumed your turn on that unit when doing so.

As of now you can fly a pegasus knight or a wyvern rider straight into range of archer, dismount, attack, and still get on your mount for increased mobility again the very next turn.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd just like to take a moment here to reflect on how people are now complaining that Nintendo has too many good games to keep up with. After the Wii-U (yes, I was one of the few people who bought one), I'm happy to see Nintendo getting a really good line-up again. Now I just need to find more time in my day to keep up lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Fliers would be slightly less OP if dismounting/mounting actually consumed your turn on that unit when doing so.

As of now you can fly a pegasus knight or a wyvern rider straight into range of archer, dismount, attack, and still get on your mount for increased mobility again the very next turn.
    Holy shit, did not know that tidbit. That is so incredibly dumb, literally 0 downside to being a flier and having that ridiculous mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I'd just like to take a moment here to reflect on how people are now complaining that Nintendo has too many good games to keep up with. After the Wii-U (yes, I was one of the few people who bought one), I'm happy to see Nintendo getting a really good line-up again. Now I just need to find more time in my day to keep up lol.
    The Wii U had a steady stream of quality release after it's launch year. It's launch year was terrible tho, NSMBU and then nothing for months until Pikmin 3 and W101 came out in Aug/Sep.

The reality with the Switch is if it didn't have Wii U ports, as well as games that would of typically been handheld only in the past it's game output wouldn't be that much better then the Wii U was. Nintendo streamlining to a single platform as well as having those quality Wii U games to port over really helped out the system output through what would of normally been the drought times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Holy shit, did not know that tidbit. That is so incredibly dumb, literally 0 downside to being a flier and having that ridiculous mobility.
    The best part is on repeat playthroughs when you cba to clear entire maps just stride a flyer, then warp them as far as they can go and if it's a "kill the leader to win map" you win in 1 turn more times then not lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So since today is payday I’m trying to decide which game I should buy
    Astral chain tomorrow or this fe3h
    I’m more likely to actually finish action games but with turn based games I can pick it up quickly while I wait for a dota match to start

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You get all of that lore in the GD route too, along with having a much better lord character to boot in Claude.

The black eagle route should frankly have been the Edelgard one only, and had it expanded to fit in actually dealing with those who slither rather than cramming into the epilogue.
    The Church route lets you know about your birth, mother and Rhea's secret, something that is missing in GD. GD is still the best route though. (GD > BL >> BE > Church)

And I find it fitting that the BE route don't deal with them.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2019-08-30 at 03:55 AM.

6 hours in and really enjoying Astral Chain. I think based on certain comments like 'one button combat' and 'no ratings' that the more critical reviews were playing it in Journo mode and not Platinum mode where every upgrade adds new moves or abilities to your toolset that at its base lets you do stuff like wrap a chain around mobs to chain them down, teleport to your Legion which you can chain into attacks, counters, revesals, critical window counters its got a setting to let you brainlet your way through no questions asked but the stacking levels of optional complexity by mission 3 are putting stuff from Nier, Bayo and Devil May Cry to shame till their end game where they catch up.

I don't know if its going to be Platinums new best game but so far its taking the best elements of bayo, wonderful 101 and nier automata and throwing Stands in the mix and it feels like a police sci-fi anime like the sort of ones you saw a lot of in the 90's that fell out of fashion. I got it and Control this week and of the two this is the hard recommendation. I haven't enjoyed the hard opening of a switch game this much since Mario Odyssey back in '17.

Is there a specific issue with the joycons in relation to the switch version of Minecraft?

After playing for a few minutes, entering the item menu, the input from the joycons seem to stop. Trying to go to the switch home menu does not help, nor does resync work. I have to put it on standby to fix it. Any ideas?