Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    That is not happening. And considering what PVE looked like back in the day - it can't even be compared to what PVE is right now, especially for healers.

P.S. A good amount of people nowadays play WoW without addons ( good mythic raiders as well ), though this makes it twice harder. Since you need to pay attention to things without addon saying this and that.
    Yeah, from what I see raid fights nowadays are a mess. They could gut the addons but also simplify raids or balance them around not using addons. I never liked them anyways. Did use threat meters when they became mandatory in one of my guilds but that was all.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

That is not happening. And considering what PVE looked like back in the day - it can't even be compared to what PVE is right now, especially for healers.

P.S. A good amount of people nowadays play WoW without addons ( good mythic raiders as well ), though this makes it twice harder. Since you need to pay attention to things without addon saying this and that.
    lol
    no they dont

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    that didn't change anything i said
    It does, its obvious I was using an optimal build if I was among the first people to do raids. I was just saying most players didn't care for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    simplify raids
    Back to 1-2 boss abilities like in Vanilla? No, thank you. There are already LFR and Normal difficulty raids available - you don't need addons there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'd rather see mounts back to 40/60, and have class quests again.
    While I agree class quests are great, not very many actually HAD class quests in Vanilla (Warlock, Paladin and hunter are all I remember). Having class specific quests takes resources away from more general content that the other 7+ classes would get to see. Legion did it well with the Class Halls IMO.

That said, Because of the differences in the class quests with Legion I actually made it a point to level one of every class to see the full story, if it was general quests any class could see I'd likely only do it once on my main. Class specific quests would be great.

you have to use way more abilities in bfa in combat, that's objective fact
    You've already touched on this, but stating it like this is a bit disingenuous, and is actually somewhat inaccurate. You aren't required to use more abilities in BfA, you simply HAVE more abilities to use than you do in Classic. It's optimal to use more of your abilities, but most classes could kill something using the bare minimum 1-3 abilities, the same number you have in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit would have been much better books if they just flew an Eagle to Mount Doom. Skip all the tedious stuff in between.
    While I get your point, this isn't a fair comparison. In WoW, there really is no "tedious stuff in between" on those long continent spanning quests, you're typically JUST traveling. Either by flight path, boat, zeppelin or tram...none of which provide exciting distractions.

In Lord of the Rings there was a shit load of stuff happening during the traveling.

It's possible to pick up and do additional quests while you're doing the trans continental quest...but I doubt anyone would actually do that considering how far reaching many quests were. You'd eventually just end up on yet another world spanning quest and end up never completing them or out leveling the quest itself therefore making the quest pointless to complete unless you were doing it for the story..in which case have fun, but you'd be in the EXTREME minority.

I don't believe Classic will have any design impact on Retail. I do think there will be design decisions that will be more Classic-like and the Classic fanbois will claim it is due to Classic's success.

For exmaple, if there is a level squish back to 60 and we get some sort of talent tree system. If they are planning to level squish already then they are planning a talent system change as well. It will have nothing to do with Classic.

I feel like I have seen this happen sometime recently... ahh that is right in Runescape.

Runescape 3 vs OSRS

The New Runescape has lots of QOL, and better graphics, more "modern" gameplay, but people still prefer a 2007 game which in it's own right has been updated.

I knew that Classic vs BFA would compete for numbers, but at this point it is like insane how popular classic is.

Once people find the new expansion reveal at Blizzcon this year, many people will switch ultimately to classic until the new expansion is out.

Atleast, that is my prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Almost like the virtue of "live and let live" is completely wiped out in this generation. Sad.
    The latest generation is like the most liberal generation? Not tying to make this political but newer generations are by far the most 'live and let live'....

Back to 1-2 boss abilities like in Vanilla? No, thank you. There are already LFR and Normal difficulty raids available - you don't need addons there.
    Well, I dont play anymore, haven't in almost a decade. Just saying maybe it would be better without addons and more simple mechanics but then again I dont know how fun raids are now, there seens to be way too many stages around.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    While I agree class quests are great, not very many actually HAD class quests in Vanilla (Warlock, Paladin and hunter are all I remember). Having class specific quests takes resources away from more general content that the other 7+ classes would get to see. Legion did it well with the Class Halls IMO.

That said, Because of the differences in the class quests with Legion I actually made it a point to level one of every class to see the full story, if it was general quests any class could see I'd likely only do it once on my main. Class specific quests would be great.

You've already touched on this, but stating it like this is a bit disingenuous, and is actually somewhat inaccurate. You aren't required to use more abilities in BfA, you simply HAVE more abilities to use than you do in Classic. It's optimal to use more of your abilities, but most classes could kill something using the bare minimum 1-3 abilities, the same number you have in Classic.

While I get your point, this isn't a fair comparison. In WoW, there really is no "tedious stuff in between" on those long continent spanning quests, you're typically JUST traveling. Either by flight path, boat, zeppelin or tram...none of which provide exciting distractions.

In Lord of the Rings there was a shit load of stuff happening during the traveling.

It's possible to pick up and do additional quests while you're doing the trans continental quest...but I doubt anyone would actually do that considering how far reaching many quests were. You'd eventually just end up on yet another world spanning quest and end up never completing them or out leveling the quest itself therefore making the quest pointless to complete unless you were doing it for the story..in which case have fun, but you'd be in the EXTREME minority.
    No you 100% have more rotational abilities in bfa
    Objectively

Min/maxing in classic, you press 1 button. there's no 1 button specs. don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    They tried that very recently, it was met with resounding hatred. Because leveling in retail is not and never will be "content" again. It's something you do to get to what you actually want to be doing. It's only fun in Classic right now because everybody is doing it and you're not missing out on raiding or pvp or any of the actual fun things you want to be doing.
    They just made the mobs damage sponged in retail. That's all they did. You can still mass pull mobs with no fear of dying. They half assed it si now neither party are happy. And then you only get one talent per 15 levels and the prune = bad leveling.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-08-29 at 06:00 PM.

Well, I dont play anymore, haven't in almost a decade. Just saying maybe it would be better without addons and more simple mechanics but then again I dont know how fun raids are now, there seens to be way too many stages around.
    "I don't play now"

"I think it would be better"

no flying is a common-sense argument, though.
    There's no point in having an expanded world with varied terrain if you fly over it in a week. Why waste man hours on terrain if people fly over it? Why have mobs in the world if you can hover over them and be completely safe? Danger is a part of open world games. Flying both invalidates terrain and danger.
    And yet on live we have people throwing fits and screaming that they're quitting exactly BECAUSE they can't pay to fly over it a week atfter the expansion came out.

"I don't play now"

"I think it would be better"
    Just my opinion, am I not allowed to speak in a forum about the game? If it bothers you so much just ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They just made the mobs damage sponged in retail. That's all they did. You can still mass pull mobs with no fear of dying. They half assed it si now neither party are happy.
    It's not that mobs are damage sponges, it's that you have a full toolkit while leveling for the first time.

You think vanilla content is challenging? rofl. You died back then because you're trying to play a grand piano with 2 fingers instead of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Just my opinion, am I not allowed to speak in a forum about the game? If it bothers you so much just ignore me.
    I mean, your opinion is baseless and i'm just calling you out on it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And yet on live we have people throwing fits and screaming that they're quitting exactly BECAUSE they can't pay to fly over it a week atfter the expansion came out.
    I know, and they are fucking children.

Back in the day - maybe. Not nowadays though. When one decides to try pvp/mythic+/raids - he will copy what top ppl are using, maybe give a very slight twist to it ( like situational talents ) and that's pretty much it. So even if the old system comes back - people will still do the same. The only plus is making levelling feel a bit more rewarding, so it won't change much.
    People used cookie cutter builds "back in the day" just as much as they do now. It just took slightly more effort to track down said builds on the forums of sites like EJ and there was more bloat in the talent trees.

Don't get me wrong, I like the illusion of choice that the old trees gave us as much as anyone, but that's all it was, and illusion. There were still talents that were clear winners when it came to being competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    How did it prove to work? Like nobody got to see Naxxramas in vanilla as a result. LOL.
    The numbers. Active subscriptions were at an all-time high. Indisputable proof that it worked. People were invested in the game and more people enjoyed playing it.

I mean, your opinion is baseless and i'm just calling you out on it
    As I said if you deslike what I am saying just ignore me. Opnions are subjetive and thats mine. I am not saying I am right, just that I rather that way. When I quit playing fights were already getting overcomplicated for the standard and basic addons. If a boss fight requires you to fill your screen with third party programs its not well done in first place.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2019-08-29 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Keep the games separate damn controls freaks.

I like both and want both separate.
    This x1000. People should play what they like of the 2, or both....but just stfu already with all the complaints. You just got Classic, take a freaking break with the whining already.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    The numbers. Active subscriptions were at an all-time high. Indisputable proof that it worked. People were invested in the game and more people enjoyed playing it.
    people calling success on the 4th day lmao

you lot sure are special

- - - Updated - - -

As I said if you deslike what I am saying just ignore me. Opnions are subjetive and thats mine. I am not saying I am right, just that I rather that way. When I quit playing fights were already getting overcomplicated for the standard and basic addons. If a boss fight requires you to fill your screen with third party programs its not well done in first place.
    baselessness is objective.
    your opinions are baseless and 90% wrong.

but so it goes