Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Leave it for few days/week, the queues will be gone next week prolly
    There's a reason they're adding new realms. Move to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    There is no technical reason why this can't be done. That's exactly how large Retail servers like Stormrage-US work right now. The problem is this creates dozens of layers/phases, which the Classic enthusiasts were adamant about not being allowed.
    Precisely! good to see you actually understand it correctly. Compared to the last replies to my answer to it.

Do what I did last night. I was at work and new I would probably be home in 2 hours so I told my brother to turn on my pc at home and get in queue for me. (He texted me a pic and the queue was at 6k) I came home with only a 150 person queue. EZ

Ive rerolled 6 times already due to refusing to wait in queue, i work 12hrs a day 6 days a week and when i get home i want to play, not sit there watching a queue until i go to bed for the night. I picked a low pop server, if it dies by the time all the try hards and super dedicated get bored, then hopefully im able to move.

If the "suck it up and come back later" or "switch realms" retorts isn't the most blatant demonstration of corporate ass kissing and white knighting, I don't know what is. You're basically saying "you're a paying customer? Fuck off, Blizzard doesn't need to open new realms to accommodate you. Come back to play when the starting zones are empty and you're about 2 weeks behind everyone else." Yet Classic is supposed to be all about COMMUNITY? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If the "suck it up and come back later" or "switch realms" retorts isn't the most blatant demonstration of corporate ass kissing and white knighting, I don't know what is. You're basically saying "you're a paying customer? Fuck off, Blizzard doesn't need to open new realms to accommodate you. Come back to play when the starting zones are empty and you're about 2 weeks behind everyone else." Yet Classic is supposed to be all about COMMUNITY? You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    It's not corporate ass kicking. You must be new to MMO launches. Opening dozens and dozens of realms to accomodate the initial hype is a sure-fire way to having huge amounts of dead realms in a month. And this is a game that requires healthy populations to be enjoyed, so yea, most of us have been to many launches where they made that mistake, ruining most servers and having people either 1) pay for a transfer, or 2) reroll to a healthy server... still being 2 weeks behing everyone else.

But yea, keep repeating that nonsense, you might fool people with no clue on how launches go and be trapped in that situation very soon.

Me? I plan on raiding and playing on a full, healthy server, with people and decent economy... and i plan to do that in months, and next phases. So yea, sorry if i don't mind a couple of days with frantic queues and crazy waittimes, to ensure that i have a good experience in BWL, NAXX, etc.

If you're a tourist, there's always 1 server without queue.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It's not corporate ass kicking. You must be new to MMO launches. Opening dozens and dozens of realms to accomodate the initial hype is a sure-fire way to having huge amounts of dead realms in a month. And this is a game that requires healthy populations to be enjoyed, so yea, most of us have been to many launches where they made that mistake, ruining most servers and having people either 1) pay for a transfer, or 2) reroll to a healthy server... still being 2 weeks behing everyone else.

But yea, keep repeating that nonsense, you might fool people with no clue on how launches go and be trapped in that situation very soon.

Me? I plan on raiding and playing on a full, healthy server, with people and decent economy... and i plan to do that in months, and next phases. So yea, sorry if i don't mind a couple of days with frantic queues and crazy waittimes, to ensure that i have a good experience in BWL, NAXX, etc.

If you're a tourist, there's always 1 server without queue.
    I get it, I've also heard hat realm mergers aren't as bad as keeping people from playing for two weeks with long queues and over-crowded and layered zones. It's a double edge sword I guess, damned if you do, damned if you don't. It might be short-sighted to just open new realms to let the waves in who are stuck in log in queues, and that might be a detriment for the game's long-term stability on all fronts, but isn't this just a case where you're also likely turning away potential future players who would have stayed for the long haul if they had a pleasant launch play experience and weren't like 2-3 weeks behind many players in their realm? Of course not every tourist was going to become a mainstay, but some tourists might have become mainstays.

the other thing i need to ask this thread, do you think that the "tourists" will leave? i started as i "tourist" but im now on classic more than retail as ive cleared everything i want to on my main. I still do my mythic raids wiht my guild a m+ on my main and mains islands at the beginning of the week. simply because retail is in that content lul period.

i dont think queue times will be falling for a while, like ppl think they will be

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the other thing i need to ask this thread, do you think that the "tourists" will leave?
    I believe they stay curious until they leveled one char to 10. To discover leveling is not really fun in classic.

And based on the queues, many will retry and retry and .. retry..
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Does anyone know, will the queue reset if i log in from another PC while still in queue?
    Can't afford to check myself, since i'm already at 1200))

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    Does anyone know, will the queue reset if i log in from another PC while still in queue?
    Can't afford to check myself, since i'm already at 1200))
    you have a 1 min "grace period" be4 you get put in a queue so i depends on how fast you can shut 1 pc down and boot the other up and log in, doubt it can be done that fast

Probably blizzard should put up something like this on their website:

"If you do not really want to play classic, please let those who want to really play classic connect, and come back once we have discovered how to handle you and all the other curious people."
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Why can't they just make a COLOSSAL MEGA SERVER, like ESO have. No effing que's then!

It does't matter currently if they open 10 more new more new realms. As longests the new realms after they open gets over loaded with people from full servers. Then those new realms go back to being full to after like 2 hours from being created. Dosen't fix shit!
    The original code probably wouldn't support it. Just because we have much more powerful servers and more dynamic equipment doesn't mean that the game can actually utilize. Code typically has to be updated to utilize newer technology.

The same is actually true of Retail...your video card isn't as impactful to WoW as it is on modern games because, despite the various updates, the WoW client can't use multiple cores and doesn't use your video card very effectively.