Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sue them. Sue the everliving shit out of them. It is not like anyone is going to get fired or even punished for this. After all:
    "Investigators determined their deputies 'took the appropriate actions under the circumstances and followed the relevant policies and procedures,' the spokeswoman said.

Since the incident, the sheriff's department said it has clarified its policy to staff so that an ambulance will be called when an inmate is in labor.""

1. Of course... xD Thank god for surveilance cameras. At least they cannot prove that they "helped".
    2. Oh, because basic logic does not exist?!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Did she or the baby have medical issues? No? Why would you need anyone then? Should have thought about all this before she decided a life of crime was a good way to support her child.
    What the FUCK is wrong with you?

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
    Saying someone who doesn't need medical care, doesn't need medical care is sociopathic? If she needed it, she should have gotten it, but she didn't need it. She was being monitored, I assume the nurse knew she didn't need assistance, and seeing the outcome (healthy mom + healthy baby), he was right.
    Oh yeah, he SURELY will see internal bleeding on surveilance camera, right? Or even if the baby is in the right position. How incapable of thinking are you?
    Last edited by Easo; 2019-08-29 at 02:34 PM.

Investigators determined their deputies 'took the appropriate actions under the circumstances and followed the relevant policies and procedures,' the spokeswoman said.

Since the incident, the sheriff's department said it has clarified its policy to staff so that an ambulance will be called when an inmate is in labor.
    This doesn't make sense. So they "clarified" it's policy meaning it was always policy to call an ambulance when an inmate is in labor? If so then the staff was wrong and failed to follow the policy in place....

If that's the case investigators are incorrect, the staff didn't follow relevant policies and procedures.

OR

The sheriff's department is full of shit and they never had such policies in the first place.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2019-08-29 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    This doesn't make sense. So they "clarified" it's policy meaning it was always policy to call an ambulance when an inmate is in labor? If so then the staff was wrong and failed to follow the policy in place....

If that's the case investigators are incorrect, the staff didn't follow relevant policies and procedures.

OR

The sheriff's department is full of shit and they never had such policies in the first place.
    Also, it's actually better for her eventual lawsuit if the staff were acting within policy guidelines.

That means the issue isn't staff ignoring policy, meaning you'd have to sue the staff members. The issue is the policies themselves being abusive and poorly written, which means she sues the City of Denver. Much bigger payout.

Such a lawsuit won't consider "but we abided by policy" as a defense, because said policies failing to provide proper care and protection is exactly the issue.

a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
    Saying someone who doesn't need medical care, doesn't need medical care is sociopathic? If she needed it, she should have gotten it, but she didn't need it. She was being monitored, I assume the nurse knew she didn't need assistance, and seeing the outcome (healthy mom + healthy baby), he was right.
    TIL child birth doesn't require medical care.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

left wingers claiming to care about human fetuses is hilarious.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Perhaps the staff were just traditionalists.
    This is how babies were born for 99% of human history (and still are in lots of places).

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Technically...it doesn't. The human race exists now after centuries of not having every child birth be medically monitored or treated.

It's obviously beneficial. It's far safer and cleaner with much less risk when done while being medically monitored but it's not "required."

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Technically...it doesn't. The human race exists now after centuries of not having every child birth be medically monitored or treated.

It's obviously beneficial. It's far safer and cleaner with much less risk when done while being medically monitored but it's not "required."
    Just like it's not required to disinfect every wound or cut. But that one time can have serious consequences...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Just like it's not required to disinfect every wound or cut. But that one time can have serious consequences...
    Not debating that it's a good thing and highly encouraged, just saying that we have centuries (and unfortunately at least one current case, based on the this story) of examples that illustrate that it's not "required."

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Do you know what her crime was after all she was in a jail not a prison. Child birth is extremely dangerous and can go wrong without proper monitoring why are you for killing her and her child?
    I read elsewhere is she was in jail because of a pending parole violation.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    When you show a lack of regard for a pregnant mother because she is in prison... yes you seem to not give a shit about their dying.

Why do you dehumanize criminals so?

- - - Updated - - -
    You just said she's in jail and not prison. Don't you know the difference
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    left wingers claiming to care about human fetuses is hilarious.
    Right wingers not being able to discern between a fetus and a baby is hilarious. No wait, its actually really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    You just said she's in jail and not prison. Don't you know the difference
    That is neither here nor there, you've contributed exactly zero.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Right wingers not being able to discern between a fetus and a baby is hilarious. No wait, its actually really sad.
    Dont worry im sure you will get another opportunity.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    For a normal birth it doesn't. Main reason I didn't do it at home is because I wanted something for the pain but they didn't give me that so I might as well have stayed home and not had to deal with staff not respecting me.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2019-08-29 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Well at lest we can all see that right wingers don't really care about dead babies. I'm sure if the baby died they would come up with another lame excuse.

Republicans care about nothing unless it benefits them directly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stop derailing the thread. Reel it back it back in and converse civilly. We don't need anecdotal and emotional debates over fetuses and child birth. Keep your comments relevant to the news story instead of baiting for arguments.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowsrocks View Post
    who gives a fuck. its a criminal.
    I hope you end up in prison one day for a crime you didn't do. Maybe then you'll realize one of the reasons we ensure even "criminals" have basic rights. They deserve them even if they actually committed the crime, but imagine how bad it would be to deny them to an innocent person.

At the end of the day, prisoners deserve health care just like anyone else. To deny healthcare to prisoners is, among many other things, setting them up to fail upon release. Of course, that's too complex for some of the simple-minded people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Somehow I'm not surprised that this thread reveals some sociopathic tendencies...
    What exactly do you expect anyone, including them, to do about it? There is already someone helping her deal with it.

It's not like they can do much to help out, most of us likely won't be anywhere near her. Some people choose to pick their battles rather than trying to save every person who needs help. The least people can be is civil, but they're not wrong about her choices. She should have known better. If I had been her, I wouldn't have ended up in her position. Some people can recognize that there isn't much they can do.
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2019-08-30 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inhumane. 100%.

Does she have a fair case in America? I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, tbh, you Americans are pussies about childbirth. Most children here are born at home, we only go to the hospital when there is a known risk or when something goes wrong. And we don't cry like babies either, nor do we all need sedatives the second a contraction starts, nor any other time. She was being monitored, she would have received care if she needed it.
    You get not extra points in life because you ignored modern medicine.

Resident Cosplay Progressive