Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Hm, lets check OP's post history...

Posted 2019-08-01: "I won't be playing Classic because it is an objectively bad game that will dead only a year or so after launch."

Shocking, another person hating on classic and making false posts about how they came to the realization that it was a bad game after playing it, while claiming that they were looking forward to it soooo much.

What is wrong with you OP? Let people who want to play classic enjoy it, it doesnt affect you in any way and posting bullshit like this is honestly just sad.
    Damn dude. You got him. These fucking players with their opinions and shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    I have to admit,

Blizzard was correct. I did think I wanted Classic, I followed Classic news every single day and even took off work to play it on day 1. However, after playing to level 15 and putting about 15 hours into the game the nostalgia completely wore off.
    I would have to say either a) you didn't follow Classic news at all, or b) you didn't actually understand what you were reading.

Classic is not for everyone. Most current players have been conditioned over the past several expansions to race to max level because in Retail that is the only place where the action is.

Classic was about the journey at least as much, if not more, than end-game.

But I get it. It is hard to shake years of conditioning. Go back to Retail and enjoy the game you've been conditioned to enjoy. As for myself and a great many others, we will enjoy a game that was more complete and robust overall.

Posted 2019-08-01: "I won't be playing Classic because it is an objectively bad game that will dead only a year or so after launch."
    Didn't notice that. Actually makes this funny, because OP had to false-flag for attention.

Shocking, another person hating on classic and making false posts about how they came to the realization that it was a bad game after playing it, while claiming that they were looking forward to it soooo much.

What is wrong with you OP? Let people who want to play classic enjoy it, it doesnt affect you in any way and posting bullshit like this is honestly just sad.
    Daaaaaamn, is the op a butt? Cuz this rectum.

Caught red handed.

Yea the questing is a bit slow and tedious. Having to run for 10 minutes to hand in one quest just to be sent back where you come from... but classic is about the community.

People are grouping up again, talking and working together. I just had one of those shredders chasing me in Westfall. I was almost dead and some random group jumped in and saved me, then fully healed and buffed me. You don't get things like that in retail.

Most people I've grouped up with are friendly and polite. Apart from that warrior who got angry at me for not healing him... as a Warlock!

I expected everything OP is QQing about, I knew exactly what I wanted and that is it. I didn't play during vanilla I started in BC and I've played nearly every single day since then and I remember all the annoying shit lol.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-08-30 at 11:30 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Everybody is different. All I can think about is getting back on to keep questing. And the 30 or so people in my guild are all as active as they were day one. One guy is pushing the upper 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No, reality is Classic is way better. Retail is faceroll garbage where everything is gifted to you with 0 effort.
    Get some cutting edges first then say that again, when you are a pitiful LFR hero ofc retail is easy, oh wait, are you one of those hardstuck hero raiders perphaps?

Most of the things you complain about are much worse in retail, there's no challenge and you mindlessly faceroll through content with ease, that's the definition of boring. Classic is the most fun I've had in years, and it's still nowhere near as good as Wrath was. I'd rather put my manhood in a vice than be made to play the laughable garbage that retail is. Classic is infinitely better and more enjoyable.

I don't know how long I'm going to play due to how long endgame and PvP take to accomplish anything, but even if I play for a few months, at least I had loads of fun doing it. There's no fun to be had in retail which isn't even WoW anymore.
    The challenge ist there, you just don't see it. You guys constantly forget how good our gear actually is, even if you don't do raids or mythic+. They cannot create challenging outdoor content if you have a gear disparity of about 100 item levels or even more between people who run high end content, and people who just got their character to 120. Challenge for the first means the world is not playable for the rest. And where the second group gets their challenge (go to Nazjatar with a fresh 120 character with crappy leveling gear or heirlooms), the others yawn out of boredom.

Classic was not challenging. It was mindnumbing. It was OK because we did not have something else to compare it to. But after playing my Shaman to level 7 and spending somewhere between 30 to 60 minutes to get one quest finished... yeah. Sorry, I want to get more out of my gaming time than chasing for quest mobs which get tagged shortly before I can bring on my spell, and have to share quest drops with my buddy because we quest in a group.

This is just outdated design. Have fun enjoying this, but I rather go leveling alts in retail if my buddy is not online and wants to dabble in Classic again. At least, I feel progress there, even if I don't get new talents or spells that often. I see how the XP bar fills up fast, and this is much more satisfying.

Go ahead and play retail then OP, but thanks for the blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrathal View Post
    This is because blizzard changed how the servers calculated what was full high and medium literally two days ago.

Regarding other stuff i think you're missing the point. no one said classic was a better game.
    Me personally just find it more rewarding with everything being an actual challenge as opposed to facerolling everything.
    however this is my opinion as to why i prefer it. as if i wanted a hack and slash i'd play a hack and slash game.

Also having to actually work with people to complete a common goal together compared to retails push a button talk to no one. to be that isn't what an MMO is.

but as previously said your evidence for the hype fading already is based on false facts of server population indicatiors. a quote from a blue post.

"WoW Classic

Realm populations are now measured against a realm’s absolute capacity.
    Developers’ note: This system now measures each realm against a realm’s absolute capacity. Medium indicates a healthy total population on a realm—well in excess of what we considered Full in 2006—with room for more players to log-in. You’ll now see a High label if the realm is close to having a queue, and a Full label if the realm currently has a queue."
    Retail WoW is only faceroll if you never challenge yourself. Classic has the same "difficulty" for all players. People that play higher end WoW retail plays a completely different game to the LFR-players and the guilds are the communities.

I like Classic though and i will play it. But you're just not playing retail if you think it's an "hack n slash" game, thats for the ppl that do WQ and raid LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Yea the questing is a bit slow and tedious. Having to run for 10 minutes to hand in one quest just to be sent back where you come from... but classic is about the community.

People are grouping up again, talking and working together. I just had one of those shredders chasing me in Westfall. I was almost dead and some random group jumped in and saved me, then fully healed and buffed me. You don't get things like that in retail.

Most people I've grouped up with are friendly and polite. Apart from that warrior who got angry at me for not healing him... as a Warlock!
    People are talking because they are idling. I was chatting a bit while questing - because I either had my character on auto-run, or was waiting for respawn. And grouping up happens for the reason because people would have to wait even longer if everybody would tag their quest mobs one after another. I find cooperating with others without the reason of personal tagging much better. There you can see which people are really social, and not just forced to group up.

Heheh, the biggest bomb out there for the "NOSTALGIC" people who aren't private server junkies is that there's nothing at all behind all that pain leveling up.
    Auto attacking world pvp with terrible lag
    1 free MC clear per week
    U might struggle if you have too many rednecks of course.

No, reality is Classic is way better. Retail is faceroll garbage where everything is gifted to you with 0 effort.
    You legit have no idea what you're talking about. Post your armory and lets have a look at the "gifts" you've received.

Oh it's this thread again.

People on this board really need to learn that subjective judgements don't translate into objective reality for everyone else.

All the OP is saying is 'I don't like classic'. That is not the same thing as 'classic is bad'. Either it's a case of being so shit at rational thought that you actually think preference=analysis, or so self-consumed that you can't even conceive of a reality where your preferences aren't everyone else's preferences.

For the record, cutting edge raider here. I like both for different reasons. Mindblowing, I know. Imagine being able to like two distinct things at once.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-08-30 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand posts like these, you already knew exactly what you were getting before it came out.

Im so glad retail exists for people like you. It used to be someone like you would play Vanilla and bitch about everything until Blizzard changed it. Now you have no reason to bitch because you have all you want in BFA.

I'm glad people like the OP are quitting, it makes Classic better overall to have a player base of people who actually like the game as it is.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    For the record, cutting edge raider here. I like both for different reasons. Mindblowing, I know. Imagine being able to like two distinct things at once.
    Are you one of those rare breeds that actually play retail how its supposed to? im pretty tired of these LFR tryhards thinking classic grindy way will make them better when the reality is they just suck in retail so they go to classic to maybe accomplish something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Get some cutting edges first then say that again, when you are a pitiful LFR hero ofc retail is easy, oh wait, are you one of those hardstuck hero raiders perphaps?
    Yeah cutting edges when you have like 2 buttons to press, damn it's hard. My nan could play it and do good dps.

I haven't been on the Classic hype train at all, but I am playing it a fair amount and plan to keep playing it.

That said, the bulk of the quality of life improvements are great from retail but I also enjoy the idea of grinding out a character and not having it be completely voided out by a patch in 2 months.

I assume there are going to be a lot of players that leave classic over the next month and I just hope that blizz doesn't do blizz things about trying to fix it and instead quickly and proactively merges servers so that we don't have dead servers sit for too long.