Poll: Who would win?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah, I found a clip after you mentioned it:

It worked on Raditz because he was weaker.
    Ah yeah I forgot that clip. Then I got nothing. Batman can beat Raditz maybe but not Vegeta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like these are always good for a laugh. People using the prep-time argument are always so one-sided and completely ignore the other fighter having the same amount of preptime. Not to mention when it comes to Batman vs Superman it always comes down to Superman NOT wanting to kill Batman, because if he did there wouldn't be anything to stop him doing so.

Same goes for Vegeta. Batman can not win no matter what prep-time or bullshit he pulls out of his overrated ass.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    People using the prep-time argument are always so one-sided and completely ignore the other fighter having the same amount of preptime.
    I think people say it under the assumption that Batman has basically unlimited resources and the other guy doesn't. Which isn't really relevant here, since Vegeta's married to someone who builds interstellar spaceships and time machines in her spare time.

I think people say it under the assumption that Batman has basically unlimited resources and the other guy doesn't. Which isn't really relevant here, since Vegeta's married to someone who builds interstellar spaceships and time machines in her spare time.
    Well yeah but the argument isn't Batman vs. Vegeta AND Bulma + her gadgets. With that logic, if Vegeta can use doohickeys and McGuffins, then Batman can ask Bat-mite to wish Vegeta's monkey ass out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Not if Vegeta does his usual long bragging routine
    True that. The longer the speech, more the odds turn in Batman's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well yeah but the argument isn't Batman vs. Vegeta AND Bulma + her gadgets. With that logic, if Vegeta can use doohickeys and McGuffins, then Batman can ask Bat-mite to wish Vegeta's monkey ass out of existence.
    She would be no different than Batman getting help from Lucius Fox (or whoever he outsources his gadgets to in the comics). He may be rich and intelligent, but he's not exactly Tony Stark, who can design and manufacture everything himself, or with the machinery that he designed and built himself.

Now obviously Vegeta would neither need nor probably even want her help, but it was just a response to the "prep time" issue that poster mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    this is THE single dumbest statement ive ever seen, anywhere.....
    I’m so hurt the person that can’t count to two thinks it’s the dumbest thing they’ve seen...

She would be no different than Batman getting help from Lucius Fox (or whoever he outsources his gadgets to in the comics). He may be rich and intelligent, but he's not exactly Tony Stark, who can design and manufacture everything himself, or with the machinery that he designed and built himself.

Now obviously Vegeta would neither need nor probably even want her help, but it was just a response to the "prep time" issue that poster mentioned.
    Fair enough, but then Dragon Balls which I see keep getting mentioned shouldn't be optional, that's asking a magical dragon for help. If that's game, Batman can ask Bat-mite for assistance, and that's game over. The only being in DB that can match up to Bat-mite is Zen-Oh and he's no buddy to Vegeta.

Characters in DBZ tend to only have one weakness... which is someone who is stronger. There is no real kryptonite. Except maybe the tail, but afaik both vegeta and goku trained (not sure if goku getting it ripped off was permanent or not, but don't think so) so it wouldn't bother them.

No idea how any wit would work against them since using wit requires a weakness that render their strength useless.

Batman because he would call in the Justice League for backup and Vegeta is too proud to ask for backup.

DBZ is just full of Mary Sues. The entire show is basically that annoying kid on the playground shouting, "nuh uh, my lasers go through your shield and also I can fly and have super invincibility!" There's no point comparing them to literally any other character on the planet except for those in that god-awful series.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    OG Vegeta had a weakness though. Grab him by the tail and he was done for. Dunno how batman would pull that off though, but its the only way I could see batman win. Anything post loss of tail and Vegeta wins 100%
    no, goku, nappa and vegeta all trained their tails to no be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    DBZ is just full of Mary Sues. The entire show is basically that annoying kid on the playground shouting, "nuh uh, my lasers go through your shield and also I can fly and have super invincibility!" There's no point comparing them to literally any other character on the planet except for those in that god-awful series.
    lol? litteraly vegeta never saw the paradise thanks his old evil behaviour and even goku was called back multiple times for his naivety or his shitty parentalhood. all of the character sufferend from consequences of their mistakes (krilin with the remote control and vegeta obsession led to perfect cell, goku naivety caused namekk explosion and the coming of frieza on earth, damn, they only won bu thanks mister satan because nobody loved Z warriors on earth)
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2019-08-30 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Characters in DBZ tend to only have one weakness... which is someone who is stronger. There is no real kryptonite.
    That’s not really true. In DBZ it’s usually the personalities that are their weakness. Like Vegeta’s arrogance, Goku loving to fight strong opponents or Gohan’s reluctance to fight.

People always forget in these matches that it’s character vs character not powers vs powers. Could Vegetable blow up earth to kill Batman? Yes, but he won’t, that wouldn’t satisfy his ego. Batman could just be like “meh you don’t seem as strong as Superman” and that would force vegeta to fight Superman. If you think Superman would substitute him for entire justice league.

It’s like when people use the argument that superman’s unwillingness to kill means he’s handicapped. He is but in the same way Batman doesn’t have powers, it’s part of their character.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    You must not be familiar with Batman and his revolving door of plot devices, he makes DBZ's power scale seem normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That’s not really true. In DBZ it’s usually the personalities that are their weakness. Like Vegeta’s arrogance, Goku loving to fight strong opponents or Gohan’s reluctance to fight.

People always forget in these matches that it’s character vs character not powers vs powers. Could Vegetable blow up earth to kill Batman? Yes, but he won’t, that wouldn’t satisfy his ego. Batman could just be like “meh you don’t seem as strong as Superman” and that would force vegeta to fight Superman. If you think Superman would substitute him for entire justice league.

It’s like when people use the argument that superman’s unwillingness to kill means he’s handicapped. He is but in the same way Batman doesn’t have powers, it’s part of their character.
    All of that is tied to strength.
    Goku wanting to fight anyone stronger than him.. means he sometimes lose because they are just stronger than him.
    Vegetas arrogance makes him do stupid decisions in fights almost like goku, however whoever beats him are close to him in strength.
    Sure, the battles are between personalities, absolutely...but they are also about getting stronger and what I know of the manga the end fight is usually that they are equal in strength after training to be able to face them.

The question is about Batman vs Vegeta, although I get your point that batman could probably get superman to do the fight for him etc etc that's sorta bending to rules to me. I take it simply as Batman vs Vegeta including their wit and gadgets ofc since that's batmans thing.

I just don't see any wit or batman gadget that would render Vegetas strength useless. Sure we can argue that batman could travel around the universe and build a gadget strong enough to contain anyone or something but that's out of my scope of knowledge on what's possible. I don't know that much so I can't really argue either way. Mainly gave my point because I'm curious what exactly batman could do since I can't really see him being able to do anything.

Comparing comic/manga characters is inherently silly because of how inconsistent their abilities are portrayed. But let's assume we are dealing with Prison Arc-era Vegeta and the same Batman who had contingency plans that successfully disabled the entire Justice League.

Now obviously if Vegeta just showed up on Earth and attacked Batman, and Batman had never seen a Saiyan before, then Batman would stand no chance whatsoever. But if Batman did know about Saiyans and had a chance to study them, or if it was a scenario where he and Vegeta had been on the same Earth long enough that Batman was familiar with him, then per comic lore he could certainly win.

Vegeta is much wiser than he used to be, but he still has more than his share of arrogance. He knows the physical capabilities of humans, so he knows that Batman would stand no chance against him physically. He also knows what humans are capable of technologically because of Bulma and things like the Androids. So he might be a bit wary going in for technological trickery, but that's about it.

Batman, if he knew Saiyan biology and psychology, would have a number of options. Saiyans with their guard down can be killed by rather mundane means, and humans in the DC universe have weapons that are powerful enough to hurt even a Kryptonian. Batman has developed gadgets that mask his approach from even Superman, who has hearing far beyond human limits, so he could easily sneak up on Vegeta. It would also not be out of the ordinary of DC for Batman to devise some sort of altered Blutz Wave generator that could render Vegeta incapacitated somehow.

Barring that, Batman could use the same device he created that was used against Wonder Woman in the "Tower of Babel" story, where Wonder Woman is unknowingly put into a battle simulation by tiny nanites and her competitive fighting spirit demanded that she keep pushing herself to win, the theory being that she would eventually break herself from exhaustion. Vegeta would be highly susceptible to that.

All of those scenarios would of course depend on Batman having enough time to study Vegeta or other Saiyans to learn how they work. Otherwise, buh bye Batman.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What I find intriguing is how you can write off Batman so easily, where in the other thread so many people claim Superman can beat Goku. Well... Goku/Vegeta are comparable, and Batman has beaten Superman in comics, cartoons and film before, so if Batman can beat Superman who beat Goku, then in theory he can beat Goku or Vegeta.

- - - Updated - - -

Superman is faster than Batman too, and Batman nailed him good with those kryptonite projectiles.
    Supes pulls his punches against pretty much everyone.

Vegeta doesn't. Batman at best ends the fight with a severly damaged skull after a second or two, waking up in bed getting bitched out by alfred for picking a stupid fight.

Batman is super good with prep time, but vegeta is a rushdown type of fighter, and would just collapse a building on him, after throwing him into it, through several walls and floors, then blow it the fuck up, then wonder why this newcomer isn't even getting up after what is a pretty measly attack in DBZ since they fght with planet killing attacks later on, and at least in super, nearly shatter reality in a minor dust-up.

Supes beats Goku, because he's literally unbeatable, at all, ever. Because that's how his shitty character is written.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Supes pulls his punches against pretty much everyone.

Vegeta doesn't. Batman at best ends the fight with a severly damaged skull after a second or two, waking up in bed getting bitched out by alfred for picking a stupid fight.

Batman is super good with prep time, but vegeta is a rushdown type of fighter, and would just collapse a building on him, after throwing him into it, through several walls and floors, then blow it the fuck up, then wonder why this newcomer isn't even getting up after what is a pretty measly attack in DBZ since they fght with planet killing attacks later on, and at least in super, nearly shatter reality in a minor dust-up.

Supes beats Goku, because he's literally unbeatable, at all, ever. Because that's how his shitty character is written.
    To be fair, DC and DB portray strength differently. Superman is primarily known for his physical strength and durability, though he has pulled some impressive feats with his heat vision. DB typically doesn't portray physical strength any differently no matter how powerful they get - they've been punching each other through rocks since forever, and are still doing so at god-tier strength. What DB does is show the energy feats, vaporizing planets and things of that nature.

So while no one in DB has ever shown the type of physical power that Superman possesses, DC does not show anyone pulling off the insane energy capabilities that Goku can do. I have trouble seeing Goku beat Superman in an arm wrestling match, but I also can't see Superman's heat vision holding back a full-power Kamehame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Comparing comic/manga characters is inherently silly because of how inconsistent their abilities are portrayed. But let's assume we are dealing with Prison Arc-era Vegeta and the same Batman who had contingency plans that successfully disabled the entire Justice League.

Now obviously if Vegeta just showed up on Earth and attacked Batman, and Batman had never seen a Saiyan before, then Batman would stand no chance whatsoever. But if Batman did know about Saiyans and had a chance to study them, or if it was a scenario where he and Vegeta had been on the same Earth long enough that Batman was familiar with him, then per comic lore he could certainly win.

Vegeta is much wiser than he used to be, but he still has more than his share of arrogance. He knows the physical capabilities of humans, so he knows that Batman would stand no chance against him physically. He also knows what humans are capable of technologically because of Bulma and things like the Androids. So he might be a bit wary going in for technological trickery, but that's about it.

Batman, if he knew Saiyan biology and psychology, would have a number of options. Saiyans with their guard down can be killed by rather mundane means, and humans in the DC universe have weapons that are powerful enough to hurt even a Kryptonian. Batman has developed gadgets that mask his approach from even Superman, who has hearing far beyond human limits, so he could easily sneak up on Vegeta. It would also not be out of the ordinary of DC for Batman to devise some sort of altered Blutz Wave generator that could render Vegeta incapacitated somehow.

Barring that, Batman could use the same device he created that was used against Wonder Woman in the "Tower of Babel" story, where Wonder Woman is unknowingly put into a battle simulation by tiny nanites and her competitive fighting spirit demanded that she keep pushing herself to win, the theory being that she would eventually break herself from exhaustion. Vegeta would be highly susceptible to that.

All of those scenarios would of course depend on Batman having enough time to study Vegeta or other Saiyans to learn how they work. Otherwise, buh bye Batman.
    I had forgotten about Tower of Babel. Incredible story by Mark Waid (that was his first taking over from Grant Morrison, who I idolized growing up.) That would be the likeliest and most realistic way for Batman to take down Vegeta without cheating and/or ass pulls since Wonder Woman is so similar to saiyans in demeanor when it pertains to their love for battle. Very well thought out post.

I'd just like to add that on the topic of JLA comics for source material, Green Arrow and The Atom (Antman's DC equivalent) once killed Darkseid all by themselves. Darkseid > Thanos (without Infinity Gauntlet.) So even The Atom could kill most saiyans by going into their head and blasting their brains.