Poll: Gear

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Now don't be like that - it's Classic, so it's probably str/spirit.
    Yea... I'm never lucky enough to go straight from Bear to Bear.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

The voters asking for "low quality gear" forget they were once a lowbie likely inspecting someone, drooling and wishing they had epic purples. With the natural progression of the game, you can't be stuck getting greys/greens 15 years later. It just doesn't make sense.

"Oh yeah, I was part of the party that killed the Lich King but then I went on another adventure and replaced all my epics with grey shit. I was the shit in Northrend, but here I can't even kill that Ogre with a silver dragon frame for his purple tunic, so I'm gonna wear this fleabag grey item shit blanket I got from a homeless troll under that bridge over there. I also stole his pants. They reek of piss and ji$$ but it's the best a Champion of the Frozen Wastes can do in this new adventure. By the way, does your pee hole burn? Must be something in the Twilight Highlands that's making my pee hole burn."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about Colour. Ilvl Progression is all I care about and I'd rather have consistent upgrades over praying for 1 piece every few weeks from raiding.

What a silly poll.

Are you comparing Classic's leveling to Retail's endgame? Because there's no shower of epics in Retail's leveling. This gray worship is getting cultish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Retail version because Classic has such a shitty balance for its gear. "Oh look an epic... wait this is supposed to be good for me and it dropped in the raid? My level 53 blue shoulders I got from a quest are BiS though..."

"Oh yay a raid tier piece! Wait, what why does this give me Spirit when I'm a Warrior/Hunter/some other class that has no need for spirit?"
    Shhhh, stop ruining Classic Experience

For me, Mythic Raiding should be epic quality, maybe items above 440+ ilvl, every things else blue/green, and people would stop complaining :P

Epics should be rare. They've become totally meaningless in modern WoW. I like Classic's gearing system much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    But you are not stuck in low quality gear. You progress and get better gear from quests and dungeons.
    Until they've got the gear, at which point you in your levelling greens can GTFO. Exactly as it is in retail.

It's not the game that changed the "community", it was us.

I'm not sure I follow this thread, because Classic will have both. The low quality gear will be prominent while leveling and make every upgrade feel awesome, but once you get a raiding guild and start clearing content in one day, the epics will start flooding in. Though upgrades will still feel awesome, because the improvement between gear pieces is very tangible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Retail version because Classic has such a shitty balance for its gear. "Oh look an epic... wait this is supposed to be good for me and it dropped in the raid? My level 53 blue shoulders I got from a quest are BiS though..."
    Ah, you mean like BfA Benthic gear being better than Raid gear, yeah, we know the feeling....

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    A healthy middle ground. I wouldn't want to be stuck with shit gear well after 60, but it does make epics feel less....epic if they're being handed out like candy.

I never got to raid in Classic (aside from a handful of Onyxia and "let's see how far we can get in MC" pugs), but I had the best pre-raid gear you could get at 60 and was pretty proud of that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I prefer the current Retail system because it gives a endgame for each different sector of the playerbase. Examples:

-High-end elite players will begin their progression with whatever comes from their first Heroic runs and end it when their gear allows their groups to defeat the most difficult challenge.
    -Extremely casual players begin with finally leveling to 120 and doing one LFR and looting some neat epic stuff, wihch is a huge upgrade for their playstyle.

Both will see several different faces of WoW: the world, the dungeons, the raids, even the Island Expeditions, but their adventures will be on dificulties more appropriate for their skill, instead of exclusing part of the playerbase through a possible singular difficulty gate (making it too easy like a Classic raid or too hard like a Mythic Retail raid).

But I understand why people would prefer the "Low Quality Gear" option.
    It works for Classic servers because everybody starts anew. It's a bit funny comparing leveling of a Classic characer which starts with nothing but some scraps of gear, and my late alts, equpped with WoD bags, heirlooms and such. I prefer retail in this regard, because I have leveled plenty of characters in Vanilla (2 even made it to 60 and some endgame), and I really have seen it all.

Honestly, I find Classic very cumbersome and after playing more than 2 hours I was kinda exhausted. Some of this came from constantly wasting time with idling in any kind of way. This just does not feel like an adventure for me, anymore. Been doing this too often and my memory is really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    A healthy middle ground. I wouldn't want to be stuck with shit gear well after 60, but it does make epics feel less....epic if they're being handed out like candy.

I never got to raid in Classic (aside from a handful of Onyxia and "let's see how far we can get in MC" pugs), but I had the best pre-raid gear you could get at 60 and was pretty proud of that.
    My problems with "free" epics is that they are often useless. Or the upgrade procs go the wrong way and upgrade an item which either cannot compare to your current gear, or is not an upgrade because it has wrong stats. There is too much randomness. I would rather have less epics, and instead some currency from all kinds of sources to upgrade existing items with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    But you are not stuck in low quality gear. You progress and get better gear from quests and dungeons.
    This ^^^^
    we are stuck with low quality gear WHILE LEVELING butt hat is the same for retail.
    its only at max level the system changes

pretty much garunteed a few good pieces a week
    have a chance at maybe 1 item a week.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    WRONG, ilevel is not king, stats are.
    ...and ilvl determines how many stats are on the gear, genius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Of course they will. Its in their nature to want a run as easy as possible.
    good luck then, with number of ppl who actually have gear probably to outgear a dungeon probably can be counted on 1 hand
    i don't expect to see want ppl who have ilvl 1502 to run a dungeon that drop ilvl 500 in vanilla soon, maybe at all, because no one will get that insane gear soon, and when they do, they won't even go to that dungeon
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account
    The best option isn’t even on there.

I like both options in their own games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the epics. The problem is the welfare catchup that makes everything feel like crap.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Ah, you mean like BfA Benthic gear being better than Raid gear, yeah, we know the feeling....
    Benthic is an anomaly that never should have been as powerful as it is, but Classic has some ridiculous items as well. Edgemaster Handguards, anyone? What's this, random world drop that's not even 60, and yet better than any possible raid gear for Warriors? And unlike certain Legion trinket, that's random BoE - better be prepared to drop a hefty sum of gold to "win" gearing as warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Shhhh, stop ruining Classic Experience

For me, Mythic Raiding should be epic quality, maybe items above 440+ ilvl, every things else blue/green, and people would stop complaining :P
    Honestly, isn't it already like this though? Start of a new expansion you put on greens again leveling up and then eventually get some blues from dungeons, then you start to get epic gear from mythic dungeons or raids. Maybe they need to just set the dungeon gear to only epic, even Mythic+ ones? Idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Because BFA having multiple outlets of being able to obtain high end gear = Classic's version of gear that you can only get good gear if you only do raiding or pvp (but you have to keep the rank or else you cant wear it anymore)

Oh wait... Also Benthic gear is only better than raid gear because the bonuses trigger in the raid. If it didn't, it wouldn't be as good. But even then, having the raid gear isn't an automatic "Oh this is completely useless as a weapon because it gives Strength, Spirit, and Intellect to my warrior" status. All gear is still good for you
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Low quality gear definitely. There's not much point in even having gear quality levels from common all the way to legendary if we only ever use one of them even for the facerolliest of content like warfronts which require dedicated cooperation to fail.

I prefer players being able to catch up to current content over being arbitrarily trapped behind old raids. I am especially against raids being forced to slowly gear up new players because someone quit.

I'll take the evil of "too many epics" over the evil of "players can't do shit". I mean, since we can't have a middle ground or anything.