10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, but that's also not the point in contention.
    Is it not? If the thought was that it might be a data error, would the new dialogues not somewhat weigh strongly against that thought?

If this is more referencing the point that we don't 100% know why those changes were made, I don't disagree there. But intent is definitely worth measuring here. This change if not a data error (which as referenced above seem more and more unlikely) would almost certainly need to be intentional to have the new dialogues they do. We don't know where it leads, if there's a good reason for it, if the embassies will stay this way, or if this was one dev's Friday afternoon attempt to clean up the embassies...but that's all part of the fun of speculating, is it not?

Any luck with 8.2.5 encrypted content?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Any luck with 8.2.5 encrypted content?
    Encryption on these things are pretty tight. Not much chance of getting anything except raw model files out of it. Sadly, we just have ot be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Is it not? If the thought was that it might be a data error, would the new dialogues not somewhat weigh strongly against that thought?
    No, because that might be related to the cause. They might be rearranging stuff and we just got the halfway point where everything was removed but not put back in their new places.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I find it hard to believe that everything we saw for 8.2.5 is the entirety of it. Anniversary event, two revamped races and new partying system? Also war campaign, but where’s the repeatable content? The things that will leave us busy for a month or so?

I think the crunchiest (or juiciest) stuff is still not in the PTR, or else this patch will be one of the weakest ones, close to 5.3 or 6.1. With Classic out of the way, I’m hoping we will get an announcement (or larger build) next week.
    It looks like a reasonable amount of content for a .x.5-patch. Not sure about that repeatable content in other .x.5-patches. And as I said: it feels a bit dry, because a lot of datamining and information in other patches revolved around the continuation of the story, which we don't know anything about this time. Without the encryption it would feel like always. That's why I think we are in for some boring weeks. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I find it hard to believe that everything we saw for 8.2.5 is the entirety of it. Anniversary event, two revamped races and new partying system? Also war campaign, but where’s the repeatable content? The things that will leave us busy for a month or so?

I think the crunchiest (or juiciest) stuff is still not in the PTR, or else this patch will be one of the weakest ones, close to 5.3 or 6.1. With Classic out of the way, I’m hoping we will get an announcement (or larger build) next week.
    its a .5 patch. this is the way its been for a while. wont see anything big and exciting until 8.3 (probably in january)

8.2.5 with this size could mean 8.3 will be here sooner - just sayin'. Maybe they're trying to catch up on their 3-month-off-schedule compared to Legion (7.1 came too early, all the other patches didn't, so please don't bring the "we were too fast in Legion" argument back again, it's solely centered around 7.1) with 8.3 being here Nov/Dec. But that would be quite weird with 8.2.5 still lingering on the PTS and retail "news" being basically dead due to Classic for several weeks.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    8.2.5 with this size could mean 8.3 will be here sooner - just sayin'. Maybe they're trying to catch up on their 3-month-off-schedule compared to Legion (7.1 came too early, all the other patches didn't, so please don't bring the "we were too fast in Legion" argument back again, it's solely centered around 7.1) with 8.3 being here Nov/Dec. But that would be quite weird with 8.2.5 still lingering on the PTS and retail "news" being basically dead due to Classic for several weeks.
    8.1.5 was released 3 months after 8.1, 8.2 released 3.5 months after 8.1.5 (altough it had overhaul of max level progression system, which required more testing). So it's something like 13-14 weeks instead of 11 in Legion.

Only 8.1 was 4 months after launch - in my opinion it's result of really buggy 8.0 release. Not launch, but season 1, I think people here rather remember this disaster - unplayable warfronts, people geting 400 gear in first cache, etc. Blizz needed repair this bugs ASAP and make sure 8.1 won't have major ones. Content was ready earlier - people rather expected November release, date reveal on Blizzcon was surprise for most of us.

I'm almost sure that 8.2.5 will launch 24th/25th September. Why?

1. Many people subscribed for WoW Classic around 26-27th.
    2. I don't how many people just joined hype without knowing Vanilla, but I think many.
    3. Some of them will be turn off by sloooow Classic gameplay, but still 'hungry' for WoW.
    4. Here comes Blizz with brand new patch with Anniversary and more QoL like party synch.
    5. It even has lot of content, because I kinda doubt people like this even touched 8.2 stuff.

As for 8.3, most likely date is 10th/11th December - I doubt they will left players for Christmas with content from June and they'll have time to fix launch issues before break. Raid and season 4 would obviously come in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I'm not even sure if Bolvar can leave his throne...he seems to be bound to it. So yeah, Lich King cameo in Stormwind won't happen.
    WOTLK says hi. Arthas was all over the place once his ice cube melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    8.1.5 was released 3 months after 8.1, 8.2 released 3.5 months after 8.1.5 (altough it had overhaul of max level progression system, which required more testing). So it's something like 13-14 weeks instead of 11 in Legion.

Only 8.1 was 4 months after launch - in my opinion it's result of really buggy 8.0 release. Not launch, but season 1, I think people here rather remember this disaster - unplayable warfronts, people geting 400 gear in first cache, etc. Blizz needed repair this bugs ASAP and make sure 8.1 won't have major ones. Content was ready earlier - people rather expected November release, date reveal on Blizzcon was surprise for most of us.

I'm almost sure that 8.2.5 will launch 24th/25th September. Why?

1. Many people subscribed for WoW Classic around 26-27th.
    2. I don't how many people just joined hype without knowing Vanilla, but I think many.
    3. Some of them will be turn off by sloooow Classic gameplay, but still 'hungry' for WoW.
    4. Here comes Blizz with brand new patch with Anniversary and more QoL like party synch.
    5. It even has lot of content, because I kinda doubt people like this even touched 8.2 stuff.

As for 8.3, most likely date is 10th/11th December - I doubt they will left players for Christmas with content from June and they'll have time to fix launch issues before break. Raid and season 4 would obviously come in 2020.
    If we follow this timing, 8.3 PTS has to be here basically end of September or early October because they only got <8 weeks left until holiday season begins. It's quite a tough schedule if 8.3 has a raid, warfront, new zone or whatever.

I think launching 8.2.5 while Classic players still have their one month sub could be a smart move, e.g. between 17/24th September. But that means 8.2.5 is as bare bones as it seems right now (which isn't a bad thing imho).

If we follow this timing, 8.3 PTS has to be here basically end of September or early October because they only got <8 weeks left until holiday season begins. It's quite a tough schedule if 8.3 has a raid, warfront, new zone or whatever.

I think launching 8.2.5 while Classic players still have their one month sub could be a smart move, e.g. between 17/24th September. But that means 8.2.5 is as bare bones as it seems right now (which isn't a bad thing imho).
    8.3 will be in January, after the holidays. They wont release a major content patch with a new raid in December.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    8.3 will be in January, after the holidays. They wont release a major content patch with a new raid in December.
    They might release the patch in December and delay the raid until January.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Well, I found this argument to be reasonable and used it as well, then I learned:

3.3 (Icecrown Citadel) was released in December.
    Cataclysm was released in December.
    4.3 (Dragon Soul) was released in December.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    They might release the patch in December and delay the raid until January.
    Otherwise, this. 8.3 in December and the raid mid January.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

As I said in some previous post, I think we will get 8.2.5 launch + 8.3 reveal + virtual ticket rewards on late September stream and first builds of PTR in October. Blizzard need to shift community interest from classic to live for Blizzcon and this would be best way. From datamining alone forums will explode with speculat.. I mean "leaks".

Most likely 8.3 will have "collect" stuff zone (or revamp for zones like Tirisfal or Silithus), last raid, hopefully 4-boss dungeon, Goblin/Worgen heritage and final story quests (+ smaller stuff like queable/Mythic+ Mechagon, HC Darkshore). I would be shocked it we would get something like Mage Tower.

And yes, 8.2.5 is what it is, I don't get people think Blizz will left many content encrypted. Most likely they are rewards for virtual ticket/pre-order and MAYBE some story stuff.

And don't forget that Blizzard from now has always Classic in mind. Most likely Phase 2 (which would be equivalent of X.X.5 patch) will launch in November and Phase 3 with Blackwing Lair - after 8.3 will be no longer "fresh". With Classic stuff they probably filled content gap forever for people that stay subsribed to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    WOTLK says hi. Arthas was all over the place once his ice cube melted.
    Nerzhul wasn't.

Nerzhul wasn't.
    Bolvar ≠ Ner'zhul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Bolvar ≠ Ner'zhul.
    Arthas =/= Bolvar.

Arthas =/= Bolvar.
    Pretty sure Bolvar is way more comparable to Arthas than Nerzhul.

Doesn't change the fact, that Bolvar is frozen in a solid block of ice and didn't leave the Frozen Throne since he became the Lich King. Maybe he can, but as it stands now, both possibilities exist. I am sure, we will learn more about that in the future.

I don't think so. Bolvar had a completely different path than Arthas. Arthas didn't realise what was going on until it was far too late. Bolvar knew perfectly well what he was getting into. Bolvar is also kinda stuck on the throne, unlike Arthas.