Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Original world first Ragnaros kill took more than 150 days. It makes no sense to raid in a game that has been deliberately tuned down to levels way below retail LFR.

I don't buy it. Killing Ragnaros AND Onyxia in greens RIGHT AFTER hitting 60... Apes are not some godly players. They barely just dingged 60 for God's sake.

Still in greens and blues they got from quests and lower level dungeons. Very sad. All the hype and excitement just died.

I don't want a tourist mode Vanilla, that's not what we've asked for.

To those of you who think this is OK, NO it's not. Keep lying to yourself that it was easy. 150 days vs 6 days of leveling, not even gearing up, JUST LEVELING, clearly it was THAT easy eh...
    most of their raiders werent level 60, and they fudged the runes for rag. We already knew MC wasnt tuned for 40m. It was meant for around 10-15 players, but people just packed their raids and took 40 anyway.

Original world first Ragnaros kill took more than 150 days. It makes no sense to raid in a game that has been deliberately tuned down to levels way below retail LFR.

I don't buy it. Killing Ragnaros AND Onyxia in greens RIGHT AFTER hitting 60... Apes are not some godly players. They barely just dingged 60 for God's sake.

Still in greens and blues they got from quests and lower level dungeons. Very sad. All the hype and excitement just died.

To those of you who think this is OK, NO it's not. Keep lying to yourself that it was easy. 150 days vs 6 days of leveling, not even gearing up, JUST LEVELING, clearly it was THAT easy eh...
    You seem to fail to understand that Molten core was this hard during vanilla in 1.12, you could literally have half the raid picking their nose not doing much for most of the fight.

Thing is this time people have had years to plan out every little inane detail to get to 120, get the quintesscences, get all the mats to make all the flasks, foods, potions, and get every little increment of power they can to be able to kill ragnaros in the first week. Theres crazies like this every raid tier now. People that will min max their fucking font in their chat box.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You seem to fail to understand that Molten core was this hard during vanilla in 1.12, you could literally have half the raid picking their nose not doing much for most of the fight.
    That's also true for the originial release of MC. 1.12 didn't change much.

So for 1 the reason why it took that long for ragnaros to die was because of a bunch of different bugs in the raid along with the fact that nobody knew what the f*** they were doing compared to now where you can get essentially best in slot rather quickly

Also they are using the 1.12 talon system which was definitely changed from the release of molten core I Believe by 1.12 there were speed kills going on for rag

guilds were also bringing in lower-level players for a lot of raids at some points as long as you had the attunement done it didn't matter what level you were because those last few talent points weren't especially needed for something as simple as an elephant or boss to claim that molten core had any form of actual difficulty at any point in the games past was incorrect and you know it the only thing that made it difficult was rep farming and resistance gear farming the bosses themselves were a f****** joke in fact I want to say that given three more days the skilled could have cleared the entire raid one shotting every boss with about 25 players

Half the Apes raid wasn't even level 60.

Clearly #NoChanges.

People have killed onyxia with 5 man groups back in classic.
    Even 2-3 solo once they had the gear for it iirc.

Onyxia was more of an endurance fight really, no enrage timer until later.

Thing is this time people have had years to plan out every little inane detail to get to 120, get the quintesscences, get all the mats to make all the flasks, foods, potions, and get every little increment of power they can to be able to kill ragnaros in the first week. Theres crazies like this every raid tier now. People that will min max their fucking font in their chat box.
    Don't forget that a good transmog is at least a 10% output increase

MC was in fact cleared by a team in greens in Vanilla as well, just to prove they could. I'm sure if you search for it, you can find something on it.

What held back progress in Vanilla was first and foremost a lack of experience and understanding of the game. The information advantage we have now over the original Vanilla players is UNREAL.

Yes, the fact that Classic uses a later version of the client than was originally the case for MC/Onyxia is a factor, but it's nowhere near as relevant as simply having 40 players that know exactly what they are doing down to the last detail. It's like pairing a prodigy who's just learned chess against a grandmaster - the grandmaster will win even if they're less intelligent or "skilled", simply because it's just a matter of having VASTLY superior experience. That's also why Method got obliterated by Apes in this race: for all Method's skill and planning, they cannot compete with the raw experience of people who've spent the last few years playing this content over and over and over again.

Vanilla was never hard. People were just less experienced. I know it's hard to believe, but after 15 years, they may have FINALLY learned not to stand in fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you went into vanilla for the "hard raids" friend, prepare for disappointment. Its a casual game man. Just take your time, Make some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nostalgia glasses = shattered

Nope, sorry champ vanilla was just -that- fucking easy.
    Actually it wasn't. Vanilla was never easy by any stretch. With today's knowledge it is, but back then that knowledge didn't exist.

Saying it is easy and saying it was easy are two separate things. Personally I think the game as a whole would be better if wowhead and mmo-champ were shuttered and database websites that made an already easy game easier were erased.

The massive army of Dwarven Priests probably also contribute a lot to the ease of progress in MC/Ony
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Original MC required at most 20 active People in the 40 man groups in lvl 60 dungeon set to beat. Vanilla was never hard. People were just bad.

Nice to see People realising this now.

Oh hey it's another painfully obvious bait post that you idiots are going to take seriously and take this thread to 30 pages.
    It's pretty obvious the moderation on this forum is non-existent, so do yourself a favour, take it into your own hands and just stop replying any further below this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    It is tuned down because the gear, talents and everything is not what it was when vanilla was released. We are playing the endgame pruning of vanilla. But it is not vanilla it is classic, it will be easier than before.
    No nothing is tuned down, the players just know how to actually play the game without being bad after 14+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Actually it wasn't. Vanilla was never easy by any stretch. With today's knowledge it is, but back then that knowledge didn't exist.

Saying it is easy and saying it was easy are two separate things. Personally I think the game as a whole would be better if wowhead and mmo-champ were shuttered and database websites that made an already easy game easier were erased.
    Just because people didn't know what they were doing in Vanilla doesn't mean the content wasn't easy. Once people knew the mechanics in vanilla, it was a fucking cakewalk. So...yeah. It was ALWAYS easy. People were just playing their first MMO and had no idea how to play their classes. That doesn't make the content hard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Actually it wasn't. Vanilla was never easy by any stretch.
    It was easy. Apart from Naxx and some overtuned bosses in AQ's Vanilla wasn't hard. It was Tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    A lot of dreams have been shattered this week, and I am glad to hear it happen honestly.
    I have been warning of this for years now.
    J. Allen Brack was right.

You THOUGHT you wanted Classic, but you didn't.

For the opposite reason everyone thinks of when they view the initial comment though.

You thought Classic was going to be some insane difficulty social wonderland, but its just not that.
    The reality of it is a very poorly tuned and designed game with a handful of very unique moments and ideas that if cultivated could still be seen as very playable today.

Lots of people do love and enjoy Classic.
    But if your reaction to some one killing rag this quickly is anything like the OPs, you thought you did but you didn't.

You should have spent more time learning about what Classic was before getting so overly excited for it.
    Actually, anyone who knew anything about private servers in recent years knew exactly what they were getting into. We really wanted this and we're happy we got it. Actually clearing the raid content is just a minor bump in the road on the race track for us. But go ahead, try to spin it to imply Classic is dead in the water, just like the rest of your filthy ilk. I'll be waiting in that 10k queue in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account

Half the Apes raid wasn't even level 60.

Clearly #NoChanges.
    It's because the game is set to patch 1.12 (Which changed talents and abilities) + they are min-maxing everything, including mainly class stacking (Warriors and Mages). Things that people did not do back than.

I always thought #NoChanges was stupid, especially since we got 1.12 to start. You want Classic to be long standing and ya know, good.

APES even said that P.servers are better coded because of it, those servers had custom tuning to offset patches and buffs.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Classic raids are somewhat below retail LFR in terms of actual difficulty, that's the painful truth. Deal with it or don't play it.

A while ago I spent some time on a private server (Nost....) before it was shut down, and I remember that being a lot harder than Classic. Did the Nost folks make that harder than the original? Or is Classic easier? (Granted I had a human mage, whereas in Classic I have a gnome mage).

Maybe someone who played Vanilla when it was new and Nost can let me know. I never played Vanilla so I don't know.

Thanks

Thing is this time people have had years to plan out every little inane detail to get to 120
    You seem like the wrong person to listen to here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    A while ago I spent some time on a private server (Nost....) before it was shut down, and I remember that being a lot harder than Classic. Did the Nost folks make that harder than the original? Or is Classic easier? (Granted I had a human mage, whereas in Classic I have a gnome mage).

Maybe someone who played Vanilla when it was new and Nost can let me know. I never played Vanilla so I don't know.

Thanks
    Nost, and most PS, intentionally increase the difficulty. This is very well known, otherwise, THIS happens, and people get bored very, very quickly.