Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People remember Classic is hard because the leveling is harder, that's it. Classic is indeed harder in that regard, I seen HUNDREDS of corpses, and deaths in just my 20 hours of gameplay so far. People die everywhere, constantly in classic while leveling. When is the last time you seen someone run away in retail because he pulled too much? Yeah, it doesn't happen because it's easy as shit and classes can do everything. The masses never raided, and the raids were not hard. It's the fact that the vast majority only leveled in classic, and that is, even now, harder than retail because retail leveling is basically classic endgame, easy and snooze-fest with weak mechanics and lackluster enemy threats/abilities. My perfect WoW is Classic leveling and Retail raiding/dungeons for endgame. And people need to wake up and just admit that retail endgame is better, but classic leveling/journey is better. We need to mix them up, that's is the cure to WoW.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-09-01 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    My perfect WoW is Classic leveling and Retail raiding/dungeons for endgame.
    Amen

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Rag was just killed with no buffs, no consumables, half the raid wasn't even level 60, Rag having less mechanics than your average LFR boss, and most classes have a 1 or 2 button rotation in Classic to begin with. Seems very comparable to your average LFR raid to me.
    We had plenty of consumes, the most important ones being protection pots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    You can't kill a boss for a world first twice, sorry.
    Yes, you can.

Vanilla world first was 14 years ago.
    Classic world first was last night.

They are two fundamentally different games with different challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Even I who greatly enjoy classic now, find it silly that people try to defend the idea classic is hard. For me, this is an mmorpg, and it feels like it. And it gets hard enough for me at least, later on. It's nothing like retail, and that is why so many love it.
    No one is quesioning people enjoying Classic (okay, idiots are everywhere, but you get also be attacked for saying "I like BFA"). Nothing wrong with that.

The problems started with the constant stream poster claiming that classic was the pinnacle of WoW raiding difficulty and that "not one from the current top guilds could take any shot at the guilds of old", while none of these people has raided anything in classic, or anything of worth in Retail and achieved nothing of note. Their only selling point was telling made up stories about how 40 people had to play perfectly to beat Lucifron, while noobs like Method just roll over Azshara like it's nothing. Which is just laughable.

Once again. Enjoy Classic. Classic has good selling points which make it interesting for people to play. But difficulty is not one of them and never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    No one is quesioning people enjoying Classic (okay, idiots are everywhere, but you get also be attacked for saying "I like BFA"). Nothing wrong with that.

The problems started with the constant stream poster claiming that classic was the pinnacle of WoW raiding difficulty and that "not one from the current top guilds could take any shot at the guilds of old", while none of these people has raided anything in classic, or anything of worth in Retail and achieved nothing of note. Their only selling point was telling made up stories about how 40 people had to play perfectly to beat Lucifron, while noobs like Method just roll over Azshara like it's nothing. Which is just laughable.

Once again. Enjoy Classic. Classic has good selling points which make it interesting for people to play. But difficulty is not one of them and never was.
    Ofc it's laughable, so much I think many are just trolling, or people who never played vanilla, or played but didn't down anything meaningful will say something this silly. BFA's difficulty is not the problem for me, there is plenty of it.
    I actually believe that the people defending BFA's challenges, are the same one who defend classics challenges. Both of them probably haven't achieved anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Just wait. Pretty soon the "vanilla was hard" crowd starts moving goal posts and claiming Classic isn't "true" Vanilla.
    Reading the other threads, this seems to have already begun.
    This began before Classic was out, of course it has because Blizzard ran with 16 debuff slots and 1.12 class tuning without compensating on boss tuning, it's way easier than Vanilla was during the time these bosses were first killed, and way easier than private servers according to the APES guys.

Doesn't mean Vanilla was hard, but there is absolutely no question that Classic isn't the same as Vanilla, is easier than Vanilla.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    And the same people wont be able to kill Kel'thuzad either.
    You act like KT won't be down day 1 like every other boss.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    You act like KT won't be down day 1 like every other boss.
    But Classic is based on 1.12 while Naxx was... erm... 1.11... Quick, we need a different argument than "it was two years of buffing the players and nerfing the instance"!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why blizzard havent tweeted about the world first? Yall think they are double checking logs and shit? Usually they use this as PR almost instantly when it happens on live, but nothing but radio silence so far.

Or maybe they really dont care

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Gehennas.

As I said a few times this was well within reach, it would have been more difficult if this was set to an earlier version of Vanilla, pre debuff increase and class rebalances. But still, good going.

Now to start levelling alts for split raids and farming for BWL.
    problem is that they arent going to be unlocking more content for a while i imagine. and BWL is not even the next thing on the list. good thing that look drops are scarce so they can have something to look forward to

10+ Year Old Account
    Boyyyyy D E M O L I S H E D
    The "Vanilla was hard" crowd is done. There is no recover form this

People saying classic is way too easy because it was downed by lvl58-60 green geared players is like saying current mythic raid end boss is too easy because Method downed it in a few days. These players have probably downed raggy hundreds of times for average guild I belive they will need full roster of 60 with some dungeon gear. But MC was never hard raid nor any other vanilla raids mechanic wise and I think no-one is expecting a challenging gameplay from classic if I was looking for it I would stick with mythic in bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Your post makes no sense whatsoever

"Vanilla raiding is harder than Retail" was never a common argument used, at least not on MMO-C

Why dont you QUOTE the person that told you so and have a nice "GOTCHA" moment in front of everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Well...It was someone from Method who got world first 120 in under 5 hours. Add to that the time it took to clear regular Uldir, and we're talking most likely under 10 hours total from leveling to raid clear.

"but the raid was timegated weeks after bfa" Yep, that being the only reason it took longer than half a day in real time.
    Who the hell cares about normal mode raids? They're designed to be beaten by people who can't even handle two mechanics at the same time. Come back when you've killed any end boss on mythic when it's current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    I wonder why blizzard havent tweeted about the world first? Yall think they are double checking logs and shit? Usually they use this as PR almost instantly when it happens on live, but nothing but radio silence so far.

Or maybe they really dont care
    Because the world first happened 14 years ago. Them pretending that it didn't would be a spit in the face of Ascent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The only thing harder in retail is mythic raids. Every aspect of the game leading up to that point (leveling, professions, dungeons, outdoor content, every other raid difficulty, etc) is brain dead easy.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Private servers didn't get things so wrong that we would ever lose to Method. It would be a slap in the face so we drink more redbull and accept our autism
    Just wait till ph2 method takes classic ZG BWL world first

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Or any random US guild does it because they start one day earlier and the only actual challenge will be zoning in before everyone else.

Which, of course, will not stop people from going "lul method!".

Edit: Actually, how *does* weekly reset even work in Classic? ZG was only 3 days, but BWL was 7... but will next phases be released at the same time worldwide?
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-09-01 at 02:54 PM.

Method isn't autistic enough to ever win against us ahah.

Vanilla is 99% autism 0.5% skill & 0.5% redbull
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-09-01 at 02:59 PM.

They are gonna speedrun through those raids. BWL will be cleared in 20 minutes like it is on private server when they fully prepare for their speed run. Method won't be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    But Classic is based on 1.12 while Naxx was... erm... 1.11... Quick, we need a different argument than "it was two years of buffing the players and nerfing the instance"!
    We all know every inch of his mechanics by now. Nothing any boss in naxx does is complicated or even hard to deal with. There isn't any serious coordination required, the biggest challenge will probably be trying and trying horsemen until you have a pull where no taunt gets resisted. (Can be solved by just bringing backup tanks partially, you don't have any real dps check to hit anyways).

KT himself was not hard because he had mechanics that were hard to deal with. His mechanics were considered easy even by WOTLK standards, and no amount of number tuning can change that. KT was hard because most people were playing on lagging toasters without any awareness and comparatively the skill of today's LFR heroes.

Also because you kinda need frost res gear or some pots for the dragon before it.