Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    But a week before launch they said they will not be racing for wf
    Then they need to advertise better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Did they though? They had like 5 ppl from the guild actually playing the game during their coverage of the race. If you can shit on method for losing a race they didn't participate in then it's more than fine shitting on apes for losing the next mythic race.
    Yes, Method did, even if it wasn't the entire guild. Sco himself was there, the literal leader of the guild. I know they only did it for money, but that doesn't change anything. Method had a presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Then they need to advertise better.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Method did, even if it wasn't the entire guild. Sco himself was there, the literal leader of the guild. I know they only did it for money, but that doesn't change anything. Method had a presence.
    Count the people that played on said Server which are also in Method's Retailteam.
    Then realise Method != Method.

Whoever seriously believes the guild Method competed in this "Race" is very special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    But a week before launch they said they will not be racing for wf
    It seems to be hard for people to understand that Method (=Retail Raidteam) and Method (Classic Event) are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are not "real" gamers or proffesionals, they are just players from private servers where they farm MC and other raids 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sunday is the first day of the week in the US, not the last. Which is irrelevant when measuring a week, which is any span of 7 days.
    Incorrect, it's the last day of the week. That's why we consider Saturday - Sunday as the weekend. It's the 7th day of the week, the day of rest, the sabbath day. It's the last day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Incorrect, it's the last day of the week. That's why we consider Saturday - Sunday as the weekend. It's the 7th day of the week, the day of rest, the sabbath day. It's the last day of the week.
    Actually you are wrong, looking at a US Calendar it always shows Sunday as the first day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    they are not "real" gamers or proffesionals, they are just players from private servers where they farm MC and other raids 24/7
    I wish this Meme died in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    As far as I can remember Method said they weren't even participating in Classic races because their retail roster doesn't care about boss fights that were figured out years ago and are only interested in the challenge of discovering strats for the retail race. You do you, though.
    They have a whole stream running 24/hour promoting it /faceplam

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Classic Race to World First Presented by WSOE & Method

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    With the way eSports is handled today, Method would sponsor an event for a 40-man Hogger and hype it up for months.

The sabbath is a Saturday. Hence why Christians worship on a Sunday, the day they believe Jesus rose, the day after the sabbath.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    week 1 kills won't happen, anyone who thinks they have a chance at week 1 rag kill has been playing too much private servers.
    *Looks at front page*

You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Randomfellow View Post
    how fast do you think a guild can complete the first raid in BFA if they have a few years of practice prior to that?
    If it's Ghuun or Azshara probably only after additional reset anyway because it was insanely hard even with more gear. Jaina and BoD within first 3 days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Which is kind of ironic as US is a pretty religious country for a western country and Sunday is the Sabbath day. The day that God rested after his work. I know the Bible doesn't actually state Sunday as the Sabbath and this thought of Sunday as the first day of the week could come from Jews who have Saturday as the Sabbath. I always think of Monday as the first day of the week because that's the first day of the school and work week.
    Friday night-Saturday night is the Sabbath, but Christians confuse Sunday with the Sabbath because that is the day they go to church. Why do they go to church on Sunday? Probably to distinguish themselves from Jews and because Jesus rose from the dead on the day after the Sabbath. The US being more religious makes sense that Saturday would be the last day because it is supposed to be the 7th day according to the Bible. Nothing says you have to have your church day on the last day of the week, but you are supposed to keep the Sabbath holy (which almost no one does and is one of the 10 commandments).

- - - Updated - - -

Saturday and Sunday are more like bookends in the US according to the calendar. But everyone goes by work week, which starts on Monday.

And they did it.!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see people in this thread who didn't think this was possible now commenting about how the following tiers will be harder, still trying to cling to the idea that Vanilla raids are somehow hard.

I hope people realize that this will be about as hard as it gets, with maybe some bosses in Naxxaramas potentially causing some wipes. What about BWL is going to be difficult, when you had a 40 man group that had half of the raid group sub 60 in shitty gear clear Molten Core in 5 days? You realize these people are going to actually have full consumables for BWL and every single person is going to have a full kit of gear from dungeons for it's release? People are also going to have world buffs activated the day before the new phase comes live, ready to smash BWL in less than 2 hours. Onyxia scale cloaks being a bottle neck? The same group of people with said shitty gear and consumables killed Onyxia in 2 attempts with 32 people. Not only does Onyxia reset every 5 days (IIRC), but next week guilds like that could start 20 manning her (or less) in an attempt to get gear way faster.

There are plenty of guilds like the one who cleared everything, just they level a lot slower. The amount of power they can gain is pretty enormous and most people who take raiding in Classic seriously (lol), will realize that your 40 man raid group can just 20 man the content for better loot prior to BWL.

So AQ40 comes out and then what? Well people will probably be split running BWL in addition to the other raids for that many months. Consumables will be ready and world buffs will be acquired prior to the gate going down, with the instance being smashed in that very evening. Nature resistance for Huhuran? Just use nature resistance pots on the designated soakers, and use budget NR gear if you wish (Mara gear is plenty). Unless you're careless on the initial pull of C'thun, where exactly is there potential to actually wipe in AQ40? There really isn't one.

Then you have Naxxaramas. Plenty of bosses in there have the possibility of causing wipes, but gear won't be a problem at all. I never got to do Sapphiron when it was relevant, but I doubt you need to farm the place for weeks to get the necessary frost resistance. I'm sure frost protection potions and a few slots with budget resistance is all that's going to be necessary.

This isn't me knocking Classic either. I loved it when I played it 15 years ago and I'm enjoying it right now. I don't care that the raiding is easy and I'd 100% rather do Classic raids that are LFR/Normal difficulty, than actually doing LFR/Normal raids on the live version of the game. I'm not sure why there's a large contingent of people who get offended when people say that the raids in Classic are super easy by today's standards, it's like you're offending them greatly and you assaulted their honor. Games can be easy and still be fun, we've all played games like this.

As to the original poster. Games been out for 15 years is realistically the only thing you need to know. When I was a kid getting 120 stars in Super Mario 64 seemed like it took forever, now people casually speed run that shit and do it in hours. People who lived on private servers for half a decade or more are essentially Classic WoW speed runners. Things are just easier when you do them multiple times, and that's okay. Water temple sucked major dick for 13 year old me when I played OOT nearly 20 years ago. Guess what though? Way easier when I did it a second or third time. Same applies to all games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Okay, bro. Okay. You win by the good ole "No u" default. Grats.
    I disagreed with your point that BC raids required some inordinate test of skill.

You have yet to rebuke that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Man I really doubt that. Are we really supposed to pretend that 15 years of information, private severs, and modern addons, computers, players, etc mean nothing? People have been posting about raid difficulty in vanilla being all artificial and not tied to skill or the encounters for a literal decade.

One of the main reasons people criticized classic servers is that the endgame won't be a huge challenge, just a time commitment. So you have a huge grind to 60 only to have no true challenging content.

Are people still going to come out with excuses when certain guilds one shot c'thun, KT, twin emps, Nef, etc?

Anyway, I'm still enjoying classic for the leveling experience, and this doesn't effect me at all.
    I mean, every raid encounter vanilla or BfA is just about information (boss mods + strats known), gear and execution.

Get to KJ mythic in 5 more years with a guild that killed him on private servers for months to train for him and with addons that just auto dodge every AOE skill and use the pre BFA patch (classes a ton stronger) and see what happens. And we also have to keep in mind that Ragna was nerfed till 1.12 and that back then the fire resistance buff was not always used.

In the end old content will always be decently easy for people like that who trained for it for months and use modern tools and nerfed bosses with buffed classes and every bonus possible. If you prepare like that for something known it will never be hard in WOW, regardless what boss you kill.

It is a bit like killing Deathwing with the -30% power buff. Every decent raid guild with months of experience on him would kill him easily.
    Last edited by Xyltin-Laav; 2019-09-03 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin-Laav View Post
    I mean, every raid encounter vanilla or BfA is just about information (boss mods + strats known), gear and execution.

Get to KJ mythic in 5 more years with a guild that killed him on private servers for months to train for him and with addons that just auto dodge every AOE skill and use the pre Legion patch (classes a ton stronger) and see what happens. And we also have to keep in mind that Ragna was nerfed till 1.12 and that back then the fire resistance buff was not always used.

In the end old content will always be decently easy for people like that who trained for it for months and use modern tools and nerfed bosses with buffed classes and every bonus possible. If you prepare like that for something known it will never be hard in WOW, regardless what boss you kill.

It is a bit like killing Deathwing with the -30% power buff. Every decent raid guild with months of experience on him would kill him easily.
    Ppl still wipe and PUG raids disband on KJ MM even at level 120 btw.

Vanilla/Classic Raiding was piss easy compared to current standard.

First of all the main reason this was even doable was because of the dungeon AOE group spam in a raid format. Otherwise it would have been almost impossible due to queues and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin-Laav View Post
    Get to KJ mythic in 5 more years with a guild that killed him on private servers for months to train for him and with addons that just auto dodge every AOE skill and use the pre Legion patch (classes a ton stronger) and see what happens. And we also have to keep in mind that Ragna was nerfed till 1.12 and that back then the fire resistance buff was not always used.
    People still can't kill mythic KJ nowadays, cause it actually has mechanics that needs to be done properly, not a single pitiful knockback and you win coff Rag coff.