92 27.54%
  • No

187 55.99%
  • Guild on stand by while everyone plays classic

55 16.47%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no. why would 15 years old content have an impact on SERIOUS raiders?
    When you are dealing with burnout very small things can be what kills a group. The best raid on my server who was a multi tier top 500ish CE guild just threw in the towel. One of the other freequent CE raids did as well, only to now have a bunch of those idiots complaining in our server raider discord about how easy classic is and they should have made it harder. The real take away is people are idiots and don't think so anything and anyone will fuck some good things up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Still going just raid logging atm and giving shit to the players that didn't hit 65 yet so still need to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I'm the main tank for my guild and we've made pretty good progression on mythic Azshara (30%)

I decided to not raid on Tuesday because I was stuck in queues on classic so raid was postponed until Thursday. However by then I was so immersed in classic that I honest to god forgot to log in so we ended up missing an entire week of progress.

This caused one of our top healers and our mage to not show up last night and he instead starting playing classic and yesterday the mage posted on discord that's he retiring from raiding. So at this point I don't even want to log in, I think I'm going to stick with classic for now.
    Care to tell your guild name or character name on retail?

I think they still raided but like half of the raid members didn't show. They didn't manage to reclear heroic and they didnt raid on the second night because a few ppl couldn't make it that weren't the ones playing classic. It's only going to get worse for them because most of those that didn't show for classic actually like it and are going to raid in it. I have no plans to raid till the next patch maybe.
    Last edited by anveena; 2019-09-02 at 01:08 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    sounds like bs or you are really crap team mate. If your statement is true, which i really doubt, cutting edge is close and you decided to throw it out for fetching wolf liver to some npc.. because there is cutting edge element to classic, sure. hopefully you are not going to MT in classic, otherwise I feel sorry for that guild, as you will drop them when 8.3 comes out or sth
    This kind of attitude is a good example of why I stopped raiding entirely. The person you're talking about didn't bail on the raid on purpose. They didn't set out to screw the raid team. But here people are spewing bile at someone because they made a mistake.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Nah, 1 or 2 people did though. but that is 2 out of 26.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    This kind of attitude is a good example of why I stopped raiding entirely. The person you're talking about didn't bail on the raid on purpose. They didn't set out to screw the raid team. But here people are spewing bile at someone because they made a mistake.
    What? If you were to believe the post, he ditched raid on Tuesday to sit in a classic que and then forgot to log in again on Thursday. That’s some scummy shit man, we’ve had people quit with 1 day notice or no notice and when they ask to come back we don’t take them back. It’s rude as shit, even if there’s a backup player available. You’ve got 19 other people spending their time in the raid as well, you can’t just ditch twice and expect people to be cool with it especially if you were integral.

However if we take a second and read his post it’s 100% sarcasm. the fact he blatantly pointed out he’s the main tank (important btw) and then proceeded to explain that he “forgot to log in” even though he raided for an entire tier up to azshara and also skipped raiding to sit in a que should tell you he’s being sarcastic.

On topic: there’s a lot of people playing classic but nobody is quitting for it just yet. At the very least everyone is gonna finish up this tier (almost 7/8m) and then decide where they wanna go from there. I think a majority will keep raiding but there’s been a few that have expressed liking classics systems (gearing specifically) more than retails along with the slowness so we’ll see.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-09-02 at 05:05 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yup, while I played Vanilla, Classic is almost like something new and exciting again. Like finding your old N64 in a box in the basement with the Ocarina of time cardridge still in it.
    Nothing to do on retail, same stuff, collect pearls, do world quests, fight bosses that have timed mechanics you know when and where and how they're coming out yet the same 3 retards manage to die to it, yet your guild master won't kick them cause 1 is his brother, the other his wife and the third a healer.

The classic hype won't last though so I consider this a well needed retail break for the moment
    Sorry dude. That's so snafu it's almost poetic. My advice would be to keep your options open and shop around for a better guild. Or just keep that nostalgia trip going for as long as you can in classic. You do you, worry about nr.1.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Lost a few ppl but still managed to get 20ppl together last night.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say raid night was canceled so much, more like the guildmaster and half the guild just disappeared and the guild pretty much collapsed as people left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, we had one person missing because he transferred his main to other account so he could queue into realm while playing retail and apparently that locked him to mythic for the week, but that's only one guy.

There is interest in Classic in the guild, but it's a second priority interest that vanes fast.

No raids cancelled so far because of it. I've called out 2 apes in my guild for declining raid but being on classic during those hours. I don't mind what you do in your spare time outside of the raids but if you decline a raid and basically let down 19 other people, I'm sorry but you're a selfish plonker. Either be honest and say "hey guys i dont give a crap about you im gonna play classic" OR you show up and play for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    yea, because you casually forget cutting edge raid, while being at 30%.. suuuure. That was either bs troll post or that was a crappy team mate, letting down 20-25 people , with weeks of work put in for something so trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    You realize that Raids in Classics are on the niveau of an worldquest mob in BFA right? The general PvE Endgame is simply not there for serious raiders. A dedicated raider does not like to spam one button the whole raid over and over again, playing against bosses without mechanics. Your statement could be right if we talk about casual players like heroic raiders, but only because they likely cleared EP by now.

Classic misses everything a raider nowadays like to have, theorycrafting and mechanics that are fun and engaging. The people that leave for classic are using that as an excuse to do so, not because they want to "raid" in classic. 40 Player raids are also not a factor, it makes no difference despite dealing with more kids.
    Fun fact: kids stick to retail, real men spam [Thunderfury, Blessed blade of the Windseeker] in Lakeshire's general chat on Classic.
    Try again

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So you got selfish and fucked over your guild. Should have just said that. Would have been shorter
    Well if the result is the same, what does it matter how it happened? There is no difference in forgetting to log in back for a raid and telling the guild he is not logging in back. It's just slightly more polite. The raid was doomed the second Classic was more fun to him. And we all play and pay to have fun. Remember, this is a free time activity, not a job.

We did call it off, but mainly because a full night of wiping on Mythic Ashvane was on the menu. We've had to call that off a few times now.

Maybe we'll stand more chance in a few weeks with some 65 necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I'm the main tank for my guild and we've made pretty good progression on mythic Azshara (30%)

I decided to not raid on Tuesday because I was stuck in queues on classic so raid was postponed until Thursday. However by then I was so immersed in classic that I honest to god forgot to log in so we ended up missing an entire week of progress.

This caused one of our top healers and our mage to not show up last night and he instead starting playing classic and yesterday the mage posted on discord that's he retiring from raiding. So at this point I don't even want to log in, I think I'm going to stick with classic for now.
    same here 6/8 guild. basically disbanded / paused until next expansion because people are so tired and burnt out of all this artefact crap/manapearls and just switched to classic now

10+ Year Old Account
    So far no. All of our crew has managed to make it to our 2 nights per week raids. And most of the people of my guild play classic . But then again we don't raid CE nor are anything close to hardcore raiders .

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    No raids cancelled so far because of it. I've called out 2 apes in my guild for declining raid but being on classic during those hours. I don't mind what you do in your spare time outside of the raids but if you decline a raid and basically let down 19 other people, I'm sorry but you're a selfish plonker. Either be honest and say "hey guys i dont give a crap about you im gonna play classic" OR you show up and play for the team.
    he declined the raid so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    On topic: there’s a lot of people playing classic but nobody is quitting for it just yet. At the very least everyone is gonna finish up this tier (almost 7/8m) and then decide where they wanna go from there. I think a majority will keep raiding but there’s been a few that have expressed liking classics systems (gearing specifically) more than retails along with the slowness so we’ll see.
    Always better not do deal in absolutes, "nobody is quitting" is a strong claim. Yes, the majority of mythic raiders will probably not want to replace it with Classic, because it's not really a replacement. The raiding is very different now and has a fairly different appeal, even though it does have some bright spots like you mention (gearing and slowness). Classic will have a much greater appeal to non-raiders and casual raiders, more than to "serious "raiders in retail, for sure. But definitely not nobody.

I don't know many mythic raiders, probably 2 or 3 only. One of them has indeed completely stopped raiding and is dedicated to Classic only at the moment.

As far as statistics go, while WarcraftLogs fight parses over the last week compared to the previous one have gone down more on Heroic (22% less parses) than on Mythic (8% less parses), 8% is still a reasonable amount of people.