Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Alliance I think 8.3 has a surprise

So blizzard has made a pattern of having legendaries in one way or another throughout every expansion

MoP was the first time that everyone got a legendary

From then we always had some questline that led to the legendary or a system that blizzard announced

In BFA.... nothing

But here is where I think the legendary is coming

1. Wrathion is back and had a hand in legendaries ever since MoP (he was at the tower in WoD just before the warden fight. You could see him flying away)
    2. You could say that the war campaign is the new questline giving little goodies with each new line
    3. Announcing that there would be a legendary item along with azerite gear AND the neck would immediately trigger the "why remove tier if you do this" argument

Anyways I think that we are getting a new legendary to help against the black empire and it will be cosmetically different based on the factions but function the same.

What are your thoughts?

I think i've had enough of legendaries with Legion and would rather not see them back anytime soon.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think legendaries are coming back. For some reason, a lot of people didn't like them. I thought they were awesome because they provided great power that changed the way I played my character. I guess people got upset because they didn't find what was considered the best legendary for their spec.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think i've had enough of legendaries with Legion and would rather not see them back anytime soon.
    This is a really short-sighted attitude given the nature of legendaries and their acquisition in Legion was very different to every other expansion.

That's definitely a possibility

After all I think legion kinda caused legendary burn out lol

I still have a feeling blizzard is going to use the orange to cause excitement again

If anything is planned as a big come back, I could see next expansion giving us new artifact weapons

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    This is a really short-sighted attitude given the nature of legendaries and their acquisition in Legion was very different to every other expansion.
    It's really not. They are just an added headache. You already got an artifact and azerite gear. Maybe they should dye them in orange borders for you. Maybe there's an addon that can do that for you.

Honestly, legendaries are the last thing the game needs atm.

Isn't the Heart of Azeroth technically a legendary-level like item? It's an orange item. I don't see a legendary in 8.3, it appears like Blizzard feels it overdid legendary weapons in Legion.

I got an idea...

What if we use a Shrink Ray to shrink Sargeras' weapon down to regular size.

BOOM! INSTANT OLD GOD 1 SHOT WEAPON!!!

Well Legiondaries weren't well received, I'm glad we stepped back from those. IDK I feel like essences fulfill much the same purpose of requiring doing specific content to unlock significant power upgrades. With legendaries in previous expansions that was mostly "do a shitload of raiding."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I got an idea...

What if we use a Shrink Ray to shrink Sargeras' weapon down to regular size.

BOOM! INSTANT OLD GOD 1 SHOT WEAPON!!!
    Sorry, we already tried that, boy it made a mess. http://www.darklegacycomics.com/617

Never liked the idea of everyone getting the same legendary, which ruins the point of being a legendary.
    But blizzard tried really hard to cover up they messed up class design big time in bfa, so any new modification will come in 8.3 for sure. will it be a legendary after player still have nightmares from legion? Most likely not, but possible.

Make it a random drop from the last boss only on HC. Fuck questing, fuck normal difficulty.

Even miniaturized, that sword is likely so strong that any mortal that tried to use would suffer the same fate as Hulk and Iron Man wielding the Infinity Gauntlet. That or the weapon itself isn't special and the wielder (that being Sargeras) is what made it powerful.

I wouldn't mind a legendary, I was hoping Azshara would drop her Javelins of Suramar as some form of polearm but alas not.

---

People get clued up that Legendary somehow means "unique" when it doesn't. By definition it means it's "well-known" and "famous" or "based on legends".
    There's thousands of legends from all over the world. Does that mean they're not legendary because there's thousands of them? No.

People seem to believe that it has this mystical exclusivity because it says Legendary and is Orange but since their first inception, the point was to have several individuals with them. It was only player accessibility to content that made them rarer than they should. With Vanilla, there were 3 legendary weapons placed.

Just look at how quickly Classic was consumed and cleared for Molten Core which will drop the bindings for the Thunderfury eventually. Do you think when it comes rolling by that Thunderfury won't be in droves? Course it will be and why? Because people have more understanding and application to the game. If that was around back then, I'm sure as hell Atiesh wouldn't be as rare.

So when you start complaining about Legion and "everyone had a legendary" so did the rest of the world with Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Atiesh, Thori'dal, 2 Warglaives, 9 weapon drops for Kael'thas, Valanyr's Hammer, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Fangs of the Father, 4 cloaks and 5 rings before Legion even came on the scene. You can even go back years after their inception and basically *farm* them to gain them when you weren't around to get them in the present time-frame so what is the beef really?

It sounds to me that people want to be special and some form of urban legend when a random player looks at them... And why? You're paying the subscription for you to play, not to idle in the city for someone to notice you.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2019-09-03 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    People get clued up that Legendary somehow means "unique" when it doesn't. By definition it means it's "well-known" and "famous" or "based on legends".
    There's thousands of legends from all over the world. Does that mean they're not legendary because there's thousands of them? No.

People seem to believe that it has this mystical exclusivity because it says Legendary and is Orange but since their first inception, the point was to have several individuals with them. It was only player accessibility to content that made them rarer than they should. With Vanilla, there were 3 legendary weapons placed.

Just look at how quickly Classic was consumed and cleared for Molten Core which will drop the bindings for the Thunderfury eventually. Do you think when it comes rolling by that Thunderfury won't be in droves? Course it will be and why? Because people have more understanding and application to the game. If that was around back then, I'm sure as hell Atiesh wouldn't be as rare.

So when you start complaining about Legion and "everyone had a legendary" so did the rest of the world with Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Atiesh, Thori'dal, 2 Warglaives, 9 weapon drops for Kael'thas, Valanyr's Hammer, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Fangs of the Father, 4 cloaks and 5 rings before Legion even came on the scene. You can even go back years after their inception and basically *farm* them to gain them when you weren't around to get them in the present time-frame so what is the beef really?

It sounds to me that people want to be special and some form of urban legend when a random player looks at them... And why? You're paying the subscription for you to play, not to idle in the city for someone to notice you.
    They lose that definition once everyone has it. The other legendaries have been up for grabs for a long time so it makes sense why many would have them at this point.

"And when everyone's super, no on will be."

The big surprise is more WQ's and more HoA rings to grind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been thinking this for awhile. Wc completion gives a set of 6 ring azerite with a special effect. I dont really see any other reward for doing the wc worth it besides that.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    They lose that definition once everyone has it. The other legendaries have been up for grabs for a long time so it makes sense why many would have them at this point.

What definition is that? They're well-known. Legendaries were never meant to be unique. The entire player base had access to them. Again that's because they want to be special snowflake.

World legends can share similarities and be continents away, does that somehow devalue them as legends? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Legion legendaries were't legendary - that's the problem.

Once like in MoP where you had to work for it - I don't see a problem with them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

It makes sense why everyone would have them now then as well. If you want to go for the whole "Well only one person should realistically have it!" then it makes your second point moot, because their should only ever be one. Remember in this game you are technically the best <insert class> and the only best, other players are at best passing mentions by the story (as it should be, given how damn good FFXIV's story is)