Thread: Queue Monster

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Queue Monster

Everything has been great in Classic!

Well, 'ceptin' for the Queues to login... still showing 6000 in line every day during primetime.

I thought they were addressing that? No change since release.

I'm on Thalnos.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post

Well, 'ceptin' for the Queues to login... still showing 6000 in line every day during primetime.

I'm on Thalnos.
    They did address it. They started with 5 realms in the US, now there are 32. If people are still suffering queues at this point, its a self-induced crisis

Yikes, not trying again any time soon then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDruid View Post
    They did address it. They started with 5 realms in the US, now there are 32. If people are still suffering queues at this point, its a self-induced crisis
    Exactly right.

I've never had a single queue even on launch day! How you ask? I picked a less populated server. Easy.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Exactly right.

I've never had a single queue even on launch day! How you ask? I picked a less populated server. Easy.
    That's mostly been my experience as well, although I did have a queue the second day I think in the evening so I just didn't log in. I was smart enough to avoid highest pop (read: PvP) servers from the start and that helped too.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

"They thought we didnt, but we did"

Seriously though, this multibillion dollar company has a team that maybe consists of 15 to 20 (being generous) people that research and intake the publics' needs and wants. Whoever is on this team, has failed every single time and even though the forums were lighting up and hinting at what was going to be expected, all they could do was panic add realms the day of.

Any one of us could have done better than this shit marketing research team whathaveu

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post

Seriously though, this multibillion dollar company has a team that maybe consists of 15 to 20 (being generous) people that research and intake the publics' needs and wants. Whoever is on this team, has failed every single time and even though the forums were lighting up and hinting at what was going to be expected, all they could do was panic add realms the day of.

Any one of us could have done better than this shit marketing research team whathaveu
    No you couldn't. You would've added twice as many servers and in 6 weeks they would be dead. Good job buddy. You just killed Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

TThey started with 5 realms in the US, now there are 32. If people are still suffering queues at this point, its a self-induced crisis
    Oh really

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No you couldn't. You would've added twice as many servers and in 6 weeks they would be dead. Good job buddy. You just killed Classic.
    Lol u can merge realms and keep the dash (server) at the end of the name to remove the conflict of same character name on same realm. The other problem of horde and ally characters on same pvp server could easily be removed. Good job buddy, you are just as foolish as they are. Maybe you are wearing the same earmuffs and blindfolds

You would have made everyone so, so happy as well!

for the first 2-3 weeks, and then 80% of people would be on dead realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol u can merge realms and keep the dash (server) at the end of the name to remove the conflict of same character name on same realm. The other problem of horde and ally characters on same pvp server could easily be removed. Good job buddy, you are just as foolish as they are. Maybe you are wearing the same earmuffs and blindfolds
    You seem entirely confused about even the most basic concepts - i would just leave the discussion before you are exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You would have made everyone so, so happy as well!

for the first 2-3 weeks, and then 80% of people would be on dead realms.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem entirely confused about even the most basic concepts - i would just leave the discussion before you are exposed.
    Please inform me on how they handled this perfectly and did not panic when they were proven wrong. I'll wait until I hear you say "they misjudged the demand for classic by a longshot and their forums team should be trashcanned". Should only take 2 seconds. take your time

Then Blizzard should have started with more servers so people could reserve their names there, instead.

So no, it's not self-induced. It's one you can resolve for yourself, yes, but people didn't come up with it themselves.

I'm on Thalnos.
    There are now 30 or so US servers. Pick one of them. If you still insist on waiting in a 6k queue to follow around a streamer, then no one here can help you. (Not targeted JUST at you btw...)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Then Blizzard should have started with more servers so people could reserve their names there, instead.
    This is the bottom line really. They opened up the servers 2 weeks early so we could reserve our names; then suddenly it's our fault for not wanting to reroll a new toon with (potentially) a different name on one of the new servers, all because they didn't listen to the people saying "2 PvP servers in EU is woefully under requirements" and variations thereof.

I haven't suffered any queue times longer than 20 minutes since the supposed hot-fix so I'm not even griping too badly about this (first couple of days were a bit 'well this was to be expected' but now, not so much unless I try to log in during the evening) but that people turn around and say "You're at fault for not taking advantage of the new servers that opened" is kinda like blaming the victims of the Titanic for not getting onto one of the 20 available lifeboats

Sorry for the overdramatic comparison lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    There are now 30 or so US servers. Pick one of them. If you still insist on waiting in a 6k queue to follow around a streamer, then no one here can help you. (Not targeted JUST at you btw...)
    Unless you rolled on Stalagg to avoid the streamers, like Blizzard suggested, and got stuck with a 10k queue anyway

Please inform me on how they handled this perfectly and did not panic when they were proven wrong. I'll wait until I hear you say "they misjudged the demand for classic by a longshot and their forums team should be trashcanned". Should only take 2 seconds. take your time
    Nice strawman you have there kid - well done. No one is claiming they handled it perfectly - neither person who has mocked your response has claimed their solution is perfect, or that they are free from blame. However, both of us do agree your idea is absolutely terrible, and by far the WORST thing Blizzard could have done in this situation.

Just remember - the queue is not there because the server is "full" (as you seem to think), but rather is at a limit that Blizzard feels is the best balance between ppl having to wait to get in the game, and those who are in the game having to compete for quests. This is the concept that seems FAR above your level of understanding. Blizzard are trying to ensure that most realms have a vibrant end game community as well, and are not as short sighted as you are.

Are you suggesting that Blizzard uses the forums to measure demand? If not, what does the forum team have to do with anything?

I'm on Thalnos.
    thalnos is garbage anyway. get out while you can. i dropped a 24 mage and started over on incendius. best decision ive made all week.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Nice strawman you have there kid - well done. No one is claiming they handled it perfectly - neither person who has mocked your response has claimed their solution is perfect, or that they are free from blame. However, both of us do agree your idea is absolutely terrible, and by far the WORST thing Blizzard could have done in this situation.

Just remember - the queue is not there because the server is "full" (as you seem to think), but rather is at a limit that Blizzard feels is the best balance between ppl having to wait to get in the game, and those who are in the game having to compete for quests. This is the concept that seems FAR above your level of understanding. Blizzard are trying to ensure that most realms have a vibrant end game community as well, and are not as short sighted as you are.

Are you suggesting that Blizzard uses the forums to measure demand? If not, what does the forum team have to do with anything?
    blizzard uses forums to measure demand, this isnt an assumption. Using the term full separate from limit is not a good argument. "This glass holds a 16oz limit and it fills at 16oz. My gas tank has a limit of 14 gallons, I wonder how much it takes when its full??? Hurdurrr

Atleast i come up with solutions rather than talk nonsense

blizzard uses forums to measure demand, this isnt an assumption. Using the term full separate from limit is not a good argument. "This glass holds a 16oz limit and it fills at 16oz. My gas tank has a limit of 14 gallons, I wonder how much it takes when its full??? Hurdurrr

Atleast i come up with solutions rather than talk nonsense
    I did warn you not to keep going, as you would very quickly expose yourself as someone with ZERO clue about any of this, and that is exactly what has happened. If you cant understand very clear and simple English, that really isnt my problem. I recommend stopping, or doubling down on your silly little attempt at "trolling"

This might help you out a little:

Full - being at the highest or greatest degree : MAXIMUM
    Limit - a restriction on the size or amount of something permissible or possible.

This is only going to get worse for you.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-09-03 at 03:26 AM.

Why aren't you doing it then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This is the bottom line really. They opened up the servers 2 weeks early so we could reserve our names; then suddenly it's our fault for not wanting to reroll a new toon with (potentially) a different name on one of the new servers, all because they didn't listen to the people saying "2 PvP servers in EU is woefully under requirements" and variations thereof.

I haven't suffered any queue times longer than 20 minutes since the supposed hot-fix so I'm not even griping too badly about this (first couple of days were a bit 'well this was to be expected' but now, not so much unless I try to log in during the evening) but that people turn around and say "You're at fault for not taking advantage of the new servers that opened" is kinda like blaming the victims of the Titanic for not getting onto one of the 20 available lifeboats

Sorry for the overdramatic comparison lol
    I mean, are the lifeboats empty?