Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Legion legendaries were't legendary - that's the problem.

Once like in MoP where you had to work for it - I don't see a problem with them.
    Legendary doesn't mean unique or exclusivity, that's player implication not Blizzard's. The whole player base had access to Legendaries since Vanilla and 20+ of them. Every expansion had at least 2 legendaries. In itself, it shows they aren't exclusive or unique.

Artifacts and legendaries provided a nice pseudo talent system to play around in Legion. The acquisition though had two major problems: lots of rng and endless grinding with appalling results first 2 tiers.
    Azerite gear and essences tried to expand this idea but the first was terribad handing out a gazillion of not interesting procs and buffs (literally tired of the 3 rows of buffs and proccs that randomly appear next to my char) attached to endless grinding and back and forth. Essences are a bit more interesting but we're thrown in the middle of a fully fledged expansion creating even more work for players.

Hope they get something we'll designed for next expansion that would give a pseudo talent castomisable system with some sort of progression during the expansion that would not mean brainless grinding and rng

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    The whole player base had access to Legendaries since Vanilla and 20+ of them.
    Incorrect - MoP was the first expansion to introduced legendaries available to the whole player base, before then it came down to dumb luck.

The Legion legos were just silly they dropped like flies with no effort. MoP style is the way to go.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well Legiondaries weren't well received, I'm glad we stepped back from those. IDK I feel like essences fulfill much the same purpose of requiring doing specific content to unlock significant power upgrades. With legendaries in previous expansions that was mostly "do a shitload of raiding."

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, we already tried that, boy it made a mess. http://www.darklegacycomics.com/617
    You forgot to shrink it.

I’d love a return to the MoP legendary, it was fun, an expansion long quest, and enough challenge for a scrub like me.

I wouldn't mind some legendary weapons dropping for classes that have specs that requires different weapons. I'm playing rogue right now and just realized how spoiled I was in legion being able to just switch specs to try with spec appropriate weapons readily available.

I leveled as outlaw and now want to try assassination and that requires me to farm dungeons for not 1 but 2 daggers so I can even attempt to try the spec.

I'd prefer the next "legendary" to be a customisable weapon where we unlock parts through doing content and the stats/proves are separate from the appearances.

Not an artifact, just a weapon we can put together from a wide range of pre-determined buffs and model fragments.

As long as its actual legendaries and not that bullshit Kanai's cube ripoff they added in Legion

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't think legendaries are coming back. For some reason, a lot of people didn't like them. I thought they were awesome because they provided great power that changed the way I played my character. I guess people got upset because they didn't find what was considered the best legendary for their spec.
    I installed your game, will give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Legion legendaries were't legendary - that's the problem.

Once like in MoP where you had to work for it - I don't see a problem with them.
    Yeah, i'm fine with the mop and wod systems, but it's too late in the expansion to introduce it. But generally, this is not one of the features the game desperatly needs atm. Small fish in the grand scheme.

Legendaries are not since MoP, if everyone can get them how are they unique?

They should be extremely hard to get and be extremely lucky to get one, not everyone should have them.

I think its to late to bring legenderies in last patch,even in mop we had stuff linked to it before the patch,but to be fair,the last patch of mop lasted enough time for people to use that cloak that it felt like an entire expansion lol

They might introduce a new legendary, but they should really have done it earlier in the expansion. The thought alone that it will be redundant a few months later ruins the excitement for me.

I hate legendaries with a passion.

Legendaries in all games are supposed to be flavor content. Something you obtain either by sheer luck or extreme skill.
    Blizzard managed to snuff the fun out of legendaries by making them RNG-grindable by anyone AND mandatory for optimal perfomance by balancing the game around them.

Legendaries should be "legendary" as per the name we all had legendaries for 2 expansions which is absolutely ridicilus

Plunder Isle will have legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Legendary doesn't mean unique or exclusivity, that's player implication not Blizzard's. The whole player base had access to Legendaries since Vanilla and 20+ of them. Every expansion had at least 2 legendaries. In itself, it shows they aren't exclusive or unique.
    So I think you got the meaning of the word legendary mixed up

Sure normally means a legend or a tale or whatever but in terms of an RPG legendary normally refers to the quality or rarity of an item

This is especially true in World of Warcraft because it follows the general RPG quality standards of gray being trash white being common green being uncommon blue being rare purple being epic and orange being legendary

also your earlier comments about Pete different legendaries and how they were acquired was kind of unsettling because I don't think a single guild had tons of people ready for thunderfury considering how much of a pain in the neck even getting the materials to craft one was also taking into account the hammer which was the easiest legendary to obtain during the nila also required a ton of raid materials and it cost one of the hardest materials to acquire just to purchase the plans for it and to craft some of the materials required you had to mine The ore from inside blackrock mountain itself and then go to a boss area preferably after killing the boss and use the Black anvil to make the bars to make the hammer that you would then use the eye of sulfuras on

thunderfury was more than just getting the bindings it was getting the enchanted elementium bars which you could only get after having a priest mind control a mob in blackwing lair and train one of the characters with it so then that character would be the person to craft the materials for that players thunderfury and you did not want an entire raid going through with thunderfury because that would generate too much threat so the idea was your main tank and maybe one or two other tanks and if you were lucky a DPS would have that legendary

I can't say much about the staff but I do know it wasn't any simpler

the burning crusade only had two sets of legendaries because the weapons during the boss fight in tempest was idiotic those were not legendary weapons those were simply a mechanic of the fight and claim that their actual legendary weapons is incorrect and you know it or at least you should

the burning crusade simply used the RNG boss drop idea which was interesting for the bow but considering that the world first drop for it instead of going to a hunter actually went to a rogue as a stat stick because the hunter didn't care about loot as that was the final boss of the expansion was kind of meh

the glave's were a giant pain in the neck because you would be clearing black Temple the entire time that you were going through tempest keep in any guild who decided that they wouldn't was severely cutting their progress simply not just because of the legendary glaives which were 100% orangie drop and at some point players gamed the system of it but also because other gear in that raid was useful

wrath of the lich King was also interesting in that you would not have multiple people going for the legendary at the same time because once again this required a raid wide effort because with the mace you not only had to do the intro quest then you had to perform certain tasks in each fight and also get the drops from the bosses if they just so happen to drop and after a ton of work you're one healer would have that legendary and with it being a mace it was also limited as to what healers would get it if I remember right the generally went to a shaman

shadowmourne was kind of the same thing but it was also more rewarding in the end I think ideally the ones that would get it or the death knights but I could be wrong although I do know that paladin's and where you're also received them it was just something that you did not have multiple people doing it once because the drops needed were finite so there is essentially a list and this continued for all of the legendaries up until mists of pandaria which is the system that I personally preferred

the idea of a questline where you get varied rewards that go to a legendary that is extremely powerful while the other rewards are still useful is something that I really like the warlords of draenor aspect was really bad because blizzard definitely didn't focus on tuning The raid around it and then people were complaining because you would get 5 item levels every time you killed Archie this farming it which wasn't really that bad

the legion system of 99.9% of them being an RNG drop is something that I do not agree with and at the same time it proves that introducing a late game legendary quest does work even if it is as simple as a quest to defeat the last boss in the raid which is how you got one of the legendaries in that expansion which interacted with the new system of The netherlight crucible which is again something that could happen since they could introduce a legendary that works with the essence system

personally I don't know what they are going to do for battle for azeroth but I do hope that if they create another legendary quest line then they do it similar to mists of pandaria come because while I was not a raider at that point for a majority of the questline the idea that a little story led to multiple different rewards that were generally really fun is something that I could get behind every time

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    In Legion, they said, "Play how you want, you'll get your legendaries". So I did. And I had 3 legendaries when guildies had 8 with similar /played (I did a lot of higher level m+ that was slow, they spammed wq and lfr). I gave up and did wq and lfr spam for 2 weeks and got two more, then I quit the game for the rest of the expansion, I absolutely hated what I was doing.
    This sums it up pretty good.

Legendaries everyone have = not legendary, just a static piece of equipment that occupies gear slot for longer time, technically, you just have one gear slot less.
    RNG legendaries = terrible game design where your performance mostly depends on grinding shit content you hate. Or making you grind raids to hope that leggo will finally drop.

From what I remember blizz said they won't introduce legendaries for a while (or never).

I'd rather not tbh.. besides you have "legendary" essences already. There quota met, please for the love of god don't shift even more of my dps off to some random items. It's bad enough already with shit like trinkets, heart, crazy stats like undulating tides on azerite and so on.. I don't want another item witch "insane proc". Soon I'll be auto attacking with a wand and just watch my proccs go off.

Be honest, when was the last time there was a twist in this game that we didn't see coming months in advance? Last thing I can think of is Mar'gok mythic on cho'gall, but that was just something cool and unexpected and not really a twist regarding gameplay systems or lore.