Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

WoW no1 on Twitch for 6 consecutive days

I don't remember this to ever happen before

on expansion launches it was no 1 for 1-2 days, that's how i remember it. after that the race to world 1st something kept WoW in top 5 or so.

love or hate classic, definitevly it is a good thing for the game

Should probably be in the classic forum because thats where WoW is carried to nr.1 :P

Of course WoW is number 1 on twitch.

A lot of the WoW streamers have been playing this game since it's vintage days (Vanilla-Wrath) and enjoyed the game MUCH more then than they do now. I know "why don't they just quit?"

For starters they make money, they've invested time and formed a community around them, it's not easy to give up on something you loved. I've always had a fleeting hope that Blizzard could right the ship, understand what they did to make the game inferior, and fix it. I've made more friends in a few days on Classic than I have since MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You created an entirely new account just to brag about Blizzard making more money?

Congratulations. I hope Classic being popular benefits you in some way.

Wait for the next month till it joins Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Wait for the next month till it joins Anthem.
    I don't think there's a universe where any incarnation of WoW will be joining Anthem.

WoW (expo) or whatever is popular at the time release will always shoot up to the top of twitch. WoW being no. 1 right now isn't a surprise nor is the fact that the numbers are dropping.

This is a flash in the pan moment, just like all the others in WoW or even Twitch history.

Call me when WoW still has these numbers months later and then we'll have actually something significant to discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pssst, hey kids.

Twitch is irrelevant.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter. It is just Twitch stats, doesn't account for anything in the World of Warcraft section, WoW:Live/progression's development or WoW: Classic's hype.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's good promotion I guess. I wish some people still streamed retail arena though. I rather watch that than anything. Or maybe RBG's...
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

And there is no higher honour.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    WoW (expo) or whatever is popular at the time release will always shoot up to the top of twitch. WoW being no. 1 right now isn't a surprise nor is the fact that the numbers are dropping.

This is a flash in the pan moment, just like all the others in WoW or even Twitch history.

Call me when WoW still has these numbers months later and then we'll have actually something significant to discuss.
    yes i know

my point is that this week was never encountered before, in any circumstance, with WoW being top game on Twitch for a week

this for sure will guarantee an extended life for WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Enjoying classic but lets be real: most people will never make it past 29

The game will start dying off soon, hopefully people will choose the right servers to be on when that happens

Retail will take back the reigns after the next raid drops, until then: the mainstream fps games will be back on top in no time to crush classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Of course WoW is number 1 on twitch.

A lot of the WoW streamers have been playing this game since it's vintage days (Vanilla-Wrath) and enjoyed the game MUCH more then than they do now. I know "why don't they just quit?"

For starters they make money, they've invested time and formed a community around them, it's not easy to give up on something you loved. I've always had a fleeting hope that Blizzard could right the ship, understand what they did to make the game inferior, and fix it. I've made more friends in a few days on Classic than I have since MoP.
    and yet a lot could have changed in 15 years from vanilla to now and in seven years from MoP to now. with you. you mature, you pick and choose your friends based on other qualities. you enjoy entertainment differently.

how in the world is a game supposed to stay true to itself whilst always changing for ever-changing demographics?

it cannot be done. what was high fantasy and THE best of storytelling 15 years ago for a 16 yo, could be laughingly bad now for a 31 yo. also, someone in this late 20s and early 30s playing the min-maxing game for a decade or more with younger and maybe more toxic people isn't as easy with finding friends than a young man plunged into the world of warcraft and running around clueless finding brothers in arms at every corner.

you cannot "fix" the game. it is a big ol' leviathan by now and it is not for everybody any more. but i bet your proposal of fixes doesn't align with the things i want to play or expect from this game. so you have to make a choice for yourself.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that people are interested. The main caution is pretty simple: watching doesn't necessarily equate to playing and playing is what matters. People who are watching aren't necessarily playing. Classic is the new "big thing" on Twitch and before too much time goes by something else will become the "big thing" and the numbers are very likely to recede. Early victory laps are fun but can be pretty hollow given some time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I kept reading this as "no one" and was cnnfused the entire time..

As for watching and being #1 on twitch, that could be entirely down to streamer hype. If you are inclined to reflect on that, there is the cautionary tale of Apex that was boosted massively - even beyond fortnite due to streamers being payed off an hyping the game, which collapsed entirely once the money for these streamers ran dry and now it's below fortnite again.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-09-03 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Pssst, hey kids.

Twitch is irrelevant.
    Nice meme.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thing that was super hyped and just came out is trending because all the big streamers are cashing in on the hype.
    Yes, we know. That's how hype works...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW peaked #1 due to something something happening in patch 8.2 for sure, must be some streamer who caught a new battle pet or something /s

Classic coming out is basically a free paycheck for all streamers. In a few weeks the non-WoW streamers will go back to their routines and WoW will settle back. Being #1 on twitch is simply based on events - tournaments, new releases, etc. Being consistently in top 5 for many more years is where you want your game to be.