Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LFR is a good system that can be implemented in a better way IMO. First of all, let's just accept that without LFR the raids in WoW would probably be vastly reduced in numbers as per Blizzard's words they couldn't justify spending all the resources they did for content that practically nobody from their playerbase would experience.

From there on, my two objections with the system are: a) it's difficulty (at least in Legion, haven't played BFA) is too low, I think in MoP they had the right balance and b) it should be single-server if possible simply in order to make it more difficult for people who want to troll.

I would also agree with the idea of turning LFR (and LFG for that matter) into flexi so that you can incorporate more DPS players if available. From there on, I believe LFR is good for the game and it should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

Well, I have a soliution for you: FORM A GROUP FOR NOMRAL/HEROIC/MYTHIC! YOu can work together top achieve a goal to your hearts content. You have your own versions of the raid. Why is it so hard for your anti-LFR players simply AVOID IT and just play the harder levels to get what you want? Your arguments are not legitimate AT ALL.
    Well because there are many times we have to run LFR because of trinkets that are more powerful than even last tier mythic ones or those quest/essence drops. If it doesn't drop in normal/hc you do lfr. You can't just avoid it completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I leveled up to 13 in classic, my experience was, at the beginning everyone was dick and tagged mobs right in front of my nose. Then i invited some people for quests, 80-90% of them declined and proceeded solo. Those 2 times i actually managed to group up nobody said a word and left after quest was done.

I grouped up once again near 10 level with mage, and we did like 5 quests together, did some talking nothing really extensive.

Exact same experience I had with current wow. Success chance of grouping up was about 10-20%. BUT on retail when i leveled up warrior i teamed up with some dudes and went voice chat, then did whole nazmir.

People are not more social in Classic. Unless you consider not saying a word in group "social" experience (I don't).
    Forcing people to socialize will only get you that, shallow, forgettable pseudo social experience.

The only true social experience you get in wow is guild (and maybe communities).
    First of all it seems to me that you didn't play Classic back then and this is the first time you play Classic. That pretty much is given.

Who said anything about impossible to solo in Classic and you said you level up to what lvl 13? that is like what 15% of the full leveling experience of Classic WoW and yet you judged it? ok fine let us go to the previous point about soloing.

Who said anything about impossible to solo level in Classic? I never said that. I said in Classic if you wanna go max level and fully experience the content and get into raiding and decent gears you have to socialize with the players of your server. There is no "one button que" and instantly getting into raiding group and get free epic loot (I have nothing against those who enjoy it this way at all).

My entire point is if you wanna experience Classic to the fullest? you have to be more social and no leveling to lvl 13 is not the full experience of Classic not even close.

Can you solo level to lvl 60 in Classic without interacting with anyone at all? yes you can. Will it be as ideal as when you socialize with the players of your realm to do some group quests and form your own group? hell no. In retail? it doesn't even matter if you socialize or not. In Classic it matters. That is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    First of all it seems to me that you didn't play Classic back then and this is the first time you play Classic. That pretty much is given.

Who said anything about impossible to solo in Classic and you said you level up to what lvl 13? that is like what 15% of the full leveling experience of Classic WoW and yet you judged it? ok fine let us go to the previous point about soloing.

Who said anything about impossible to solo level in Classic? I never said that. I said in Classic if you wanna go max level and fully experience the content and get into raiding and decent gears you have to socialize with the players of your server. There is no "one button que" and instantly getting into raiding group and get free epic loot (I have nothing against those who enjoy it this way at all).

My entire point is if you wanna experience Classic to the fullest? you have to be more social and no leveling to lvl 13 is not the full experience of Classic not even close.

Can you solo level to lvl 60 in Classic without interacting with anyone at all? yes you can. Will it be as ideal as when you socialize with the players of your realm to do some group quests and form your own group? hell no. In retail? it doesn't even matter if you socialize or not. In Classic it matters. That is my point.
    No dude, you are trying hardest to twist reality.
    Just because you group with people doesn't mean you have "social" experience.
    Just because you have to run on foot to dungeon doesn't mean you have "social" experience.
    Just because you spam trade chat doesn't mean you have "social" experience.
    Just because you write couple of words doesn't mean you have "social" experience.

You are not forced to socialize in classic and it doesn't matter because you know, you can play solo as well. Nobody forces you to play dungeons and raids.

Going with that logic, you can sign up on LFR and start chatting with people, I guarantee people will respond and you can hold a conversation.

It's all up to you if you want to socialize or not, forcing people to do it will never be "social" experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    No dude, you are trying hardest to twist reality.
    Just because you group with people doesn't mean you have "social" experience.
    Just because you have to run on foot to dungeon doesn't mean you have "social" experience.
    Just because you spam trade chat doesn't mean you have "social" experience.
    Just because you write couple of words doesn't mean you have "social" experience.

You are not forced to socialize in classic and it doesn't matter because you know, you can play solo as well. Nobody forces you to play dungeons and raids.

Going with that logic, you can sign up on LFR and start chatting with people, I guarantee people will respond and you can hold a conversation.

It's all up to you if you want to socialize or not, forcing people to do it will never be "social" experience.

Yes couple of words is still better than one button and saying nothing.

And you didn't reach max lvl and raided in Classic so who are you to judge something you didn't experience?

Your experience was limited in Classic and yet you judged it based on your Retail experience.

Let me see you reaching lvl 60 and raiding 40 man in Classic and clearing raids without socializing at all yeah good luck. Let me know when you have done it ok?

You know, I almost forgot LFR even exists.

I think I did it a few times on my alt in Uldir, but that's it. There's so little point to it. WQs give better rewards. I just wish WQs would reward Runes from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its supposed to be a MMO not an antisocial single player bubble. If you don't want to socialize you should play single player games. Nothing is forced upon you there.

And you didn't reach max lvl and raided in Classic so who are you to judge something you didn't experience?

Your experience was limited in Classic and yet you judged it based on your Retail experience.

Let me see you reaching lvl 60 and raiding 40 man in Classic and clearing raids without socializing at all yeah good luck. Let me know when you have done it ok?
    Really wierd opinion. Can you atleast use facts and make sense?

How can LFR get the blame - obviously people who joins LFR - simple doesn't want to chat. I don't want to chat - because I really don't care about random people.

The same thing in BGs - people are not talkative. Who cares.

This post has you trying to invalidate someone's experience because it was different from yours. And your last post here was just you showing you can't differentiate classic from vanilla. Tell us again why we should trust your judgement over literally anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its supposed to be a MMO not an antisocial single player bubble. If you don't want to socialize you should play single player games. Nothing is forced upon you there.
    MMO doesn't mean you have to socialize. You CAN if you want to. Forcing people to socialize - terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 12yoPlayedSinceClassic View Post
    Really wierd opinion. Can you atleast use facts and make sense?

How can LFR get the blame - obviously people who joins LFR - simple doesn't want to chat. I don't want to chat - because I really don't care about random people.

The same thing in BGs - people are not talkative. Who cares.
    People are not talkative in bgs? I guess you didn't do a lot of bgs then.

Read my previous post about why for me personally I dislike LFR and LFG (personal experience and opinion). Not gonna repeat myself really.

Before Wquests, M+ and WoW tokens, LFR was a decent way for casuals to get gear.

Nowdays i don't see the purpose of LFR as you can just buy a WoW token and get boosted to 440 weekly chest every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    This post has you trying to invalidate someone's experience because it was different from yours. And your last post here was just you showing you can't differentiate classic from vanilla. Tell us again why we should trust your judgement over literally anyone else's.
    Because the guy just judged the entire game with his level 13 experience? level 13 in classic really? you didn't even scratch the surface let alone giving judgement for needed to be social in the game or not. That was my point.

People are not talkative in bgs? I guess you didn't do a lot of bgs then.

Read my previous post about why for me personally I dislike LFR and LFG (personal experience and opinion). Not gonna repeat myself really.
    NOBODY CARES.

You will never come up with facts - because this is subjective.

The system is there to satisfy other people. Not you.

If you don't like it - then go do Mythic. Or log on to RP servers. There are plenty of stuff to do really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 12yoPlayedSinceClassic View Post
    NOBODY CARES.

You will never come up with facts - because this is subjective.

The system is there to satisfy other people. Not you.

If you don't like it - then go do Mythic. Or log on to RP servers. There are plenty of stuff to do really.
    Did you even read my previous posts? I am not forcing anyone to like the things I do like what the hell? are really that dense? All I said stating my own experience and opinion that is all.

MY EXPERIENCE MY PERSONAL OPINION. Clear? I didn't force anyone at all. I merely said my opinion on the matter that is all.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    Sorry dude, but if professional game designers call a game system bad then you'd be foolish not to listen to them. You've got your feelings, I've got professional game designers saying it's bad.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

I dont have a problem with it. Its nice that people that can only play a few hours a week can see a quick glimpse of the end game content.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    I afk in LFR every time- sometimes i get kicked... sometimes i dont get kicked... either way i didnt have to lift a finger while i tab out and play other games.. while collecting free loot/gold
    I am not sure what makes you think this little personal anecdote (even if assumed to be true) constitutes a "good" anti-LFR opinion?

So you managed to freeload a little bit of gold and maybe a possible minor loot upgrade by playing the system. Who cares? Who is being harmed? How is it detracting from anyone else's experience?

In the end you've only really defeated yourself by finding a "clever" way to not play the game. The primary point of the game is to be fun. Getting a tiny bit of loot/gold is only of secondary importance. So if you're simply using LFR as a mechanism to avoid playing at all, you really haven't achieved anything. It's pretty clear that this isn't an LFR problem. It's a you problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFG and the extent LFR killed the social aspect of wow, alongside x-realm sh8t
    remove LFR alone isn't enough, need to remove LFG and x-realm and back to strong server community again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Elitism plan and simple. It bothers them that other people can do the same content as them. They feel only players of their talent or higher deserve to get the achievements/gears/bragging rights.