Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I always play warrior, and that a tough class to play in this state of the game.
    Rage issues, and that wouldnt be too bad tanking in dungeons if we wouldnt have the current toxic generation that got spoiled with retail. So they keep full out dpsing even before you pull. Telling me "i hope your mom gets c*ncer" when i don't taunt every second or trying to explain that my taunt can also be missed and parried
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    In vanilla, everything you do is a satisfying challenge. The professions, some dungeons, get the 2 handed axe at level 30, survive stranglethorn, WPVP, make money to afford your spells...
    Yep, clearing MC before 60, and in questing greens sure sounds like a challenge

Also, one of the most funny thing about classic players - the same things that on retail they refer to as "timegate", on classic are apparently a "challenge". Even the things that present absolutely no challenge (like leveling for example) on classic apparently are called "challenge", where on retail it's a timegate. Funny how that works.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    It was a lot more complex than that and has to do with the industry as a whole. People seem to believe that WoW operates in a vacuum, not affected by games outside of other MMO's. While this was the case back then, and when it had the most growth, now almost every game on the market has a "keep on playing" design. Back then most games were one and done, so people would always have WoW to come back to. Now? WoW has to compete for time with every other game on the market, and with less QoL it would fare much worse in that regard.
    It wasnt just that. The game became literally annoying. In WoTLK everyone had interupts, stuns, CCs, and on top of it they added fuckin anti-magic shield and Death Grip. 80 levels was too much, the old zones were dead. The introduction of good LFG. I get what you're saying, that other game genre were competing like fortnite and.. But RPG players have a different personality. These guys will always come back to an RPG game.
    Have you played Classic? Try to reach level 20 enjoy the Barren. Do it, you'll notice how retail is much more superior and how Classic is much more fun. It feels more rewarding to get a blue 2 handed axe level 20 that will be good for the next 10 levels than getting a mythic weapon in retail (oh cool I do 2% more dps now).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Yep, clearing MC before 60, and in questing greens sure sounds like a challenge

Also, one of the most funny thing about classic players - the same things that on retail they refer to as "timegate", on classic are apparently a "challenge". Even the things that present absolutely no challenge (like leveling for example) on classic apparently are called "challenge", where on retail it's a timegate. Funny how that works.
    That's the issue right there. Leveling is part of the game. It is fuckin nice. On retail it is a timegate because the goal of the game is to be max level and login twice per week to raid and 1hour per day to do your homeworks (dailies, famr potions, weekly M+). While as in Classic, the game is to level up, it's the whole adventure. Everything you discover, the Wpvp, the professions, the friends, the dungeons..

Oh sweetie. Of course I beat battle toads and ninja turtles! Never did play the silver surfer games though. I was born in 86 so NES was my fucking jam growing up. Also on the list is Zelda's one and two, Gradius, and motherfucking Top Gun the video game :P

You demand less from your MMOs. You demand that they reward your precious 25 minutes you sink into them every couple days. The fact you cop to playing games on your fucking phone instantly lets me discount your opinion.

FYI I'm never going to be the best in WoW Classic. Far from it. I may not even clear MC. It will take me months to hit 60. I'm a dad with a full time job and interests and relationships outside the game. But Classic has soul. It requires effort. Adversity breeds accomplishment young man. Current Wow is bereft of everything that made the original interesting and rewarding. The world pvp is fucking awful. The raids are just esports now. Arena pvp is broken on a fundamental level. Class identity is a goddamn mess and every class can do everything. Warriors can heal for fucks sake.

So run on back to your empty game, a wasteland of busy work and hollow community. I'd rather play for an hour, get a bubble of XP and make friends.

I did when i went to sleep but right back into it again.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Not interested in a boring, slow paced running simulator. Been there and done it, then I moved on.

Retail has got its problems, but its vastly superior to vanilla/classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I did when i went to sleep but right back into it again.
    Same here. I'm starting to worry about how much I've been playing. Again!

I played for a bit to recapture the old feeling, but it just didn't come back. Not sure why. I still remembered Vanilla well enough that no real sense of exploration came about, and I could just autopilot through quests from memory, but did notice all the pesky little quibbles I had with the game back then. Plus, it felt less like I am earning or achieving something, but rather that I was putting that work in to get again what I already had done painstakingly back then. I.e. the feeling you get in every new expansion, just without anything that really felt...well, new. So, right now it's on ice. I might drop in now and then, though, do random things.

Questing is incredible boring... even with poeple. Then it becomes bearable. But killing mobs for 1 hour to get items for 1 quest is just not fun... I had the time as a student. But not now

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    that's hilarious..."no amount of skill will help you if you accidentally pull a couple mobs you will die"....you're not suggesting that AoE fest that is Retail involves any amount of skill are you?

And better players do actually survive those situations especially as you obtain more skills/talents and have a few more tricks up your sleeve

enjoy BFA
    There is no skill involved when you have 2 abilities to use, the greatest player in the world and my 6 year old daughter have the same chance of living if they body pull a mob or two too many at that level. Enjoy paying for BFA to play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    I'm sure that's the full story and not that he reads how classic elitists are all OMG YES FINALLY NOW I CAN GRIND 24 HOURS A DAY FOR NO GEAR JUST LIKE HOW IT SHOULD BE, LAWLZOR STUPID RETAIL BABIES NEED CODDLING AND GEAR EVERY 5 MIN LAWL!!!1111!!!111 ROFLCOPTER NO HANDOUTS IN VANILLA!

I enjoy Retail because I enjoyed a fleshed out, balanced game. I enjoy Vanilla because i do enjoy the sense of community and the slower pace it can provide, giving a different set of accomplishment whereas the accomplishment in Retail came from getting the coveted Cutting Edge with your raid. Hell, even just having the achievements was awesome in my opinion because now you had a reason to do these wonky styles to kill a boss or be a collector. Vanilla has broke n specs, broken classes, and very simplistic bosses that honestly do not provide any challenge. The challenge back then was literally not knowing the fights because information was harder to find back then, and then once you knew the information you had to have the gear (resist or just to be able to do enough damage) since mechanics were non-existent in most cases.
    "I enjoy Retail because I enjoyed a fleshed out, balanced game" - WAT?

The reason classic is classic is because of the Journey...The journey to 60..the journey to Pre- BIS, the journey to attunment, the journey of AQ.

I dont know ANY classic player that wants to go do Rag because its " hard" ...its the damn journey .

It sounds like you want a CUT of lord of the rings where Gandalf just teleport the ring to Mt Doom in 5 mins. Thats retail my dude.. 100%

And thats fine...but hating something because it takes time really shows your fortnite ADD mentality.

I hope you can shake that and realize anything in life that has instant gratification is shallow and hollow in the long run. Im looking at you COCAINE!!!! HAHA

Lets see:

1. Voidwalker pet not able to hold aggro
    2. Mobs sneeze on you and your channeled spell loses 90% of its duration
    3. Mobs resisting every spell
    4. Having to eat/drink after every mob pull

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Same here. I'm starting to worry about how much I've been playing. Again!
    Same...i played so much today...you have no idea. Ive never played this much before.

Elite quest to unlock Rogue poisons, and did it with 4 other rogues
    Quest objective required aid of an alchemist...had to go to the auction house buy the material
    Higher levels helped me doing a quest, even though is harder to get drops with other people
    Waited 20min for a Shadowfang Keep party to form and run to instance
    Did a bunch of quests that required Bosses with big spawn timers

Lets just say....today was a epic day......it was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    /trade
    *Warning: Cant trade items with players from another server*
    /logout BfA

/login Classic WoW
    /trade with everyone
    Um, reread what you just said. BFA, can't trade with people on another server because cross realms allow people to play with more people than ever. Classic, can't trade with people on another server BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY ELSE FROM ANOTHER SERVER PLAYING WITH YOU. Good comparison there skippy, I see you pop up on all these classic threads and your points are always so hilariously bad.

I did all this back when it was current. I loved it then as did most people (it was a phenomenon for a reason), but there's zero compelling reason to repeat it.

Sure there's some nostalgic reasons to poke around in the "old home" again, but no way in hell would I want to live there.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

15+ Year Old Account
    These bugged me the most:

Bad Graphics
    No multiple tags on mobs.
    No area loot.
    No transmogrification.. I might be addicted to it after all ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Same...i played so much today...you have no idea. Ive never played this much before.

Elite quest to unlock Rogue poisons, and did it with 4 other rogues
    Quest objective required aid of an alchemist...had to go to the auction house buy the material
    Higher levels helped me doing a quest, even though is harder to get drops with other people
    Waited 20min for a Shadowfang Keep party to form and run to instance
    Did a bunch of quests that required Bosses with big spawn timers

Lets just say....today was a epic day......it was insane.
    That... sounds like you had the most uneventful and annoying day in history, with a small ray of light.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    Um, reread what you just said. BFA, can't trade with people on another server because cross realms allow people to play with more people than ever. Classic, can't trade with people on another server BECAUSE THERE IS NOBODY ELSE FROM ANOTHER SERVER PLAYING WITH YOU. Good comparison there skippy, I see you pop up on all these classic threads and your points are always so hilariously bad.
    I know you wont like to hear this...and im sorry...but needs to be said.

In BFA you level alone and dont need the help of anyone...and on top of that the majority of times you cant even trade items with the people you meet on your screen.
    But trading items is the lesser evil.
    You pay no attention to other people around you.
    You dont need them.

There is no sense of community in BfA...compared to Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protocoaxke View Post
    "I enjoy Retail because I enjoyed a fleshed out, balanced game" - WAT?

The reason classic is classic is because of the Journey...The journey to 60..the journey to Pre- BIS, the journey to attunment, the journey of AQ.

I dont know ANY classic player that wants to go do Rag because its " hard" ...its the damn journey .

It sounds like you want a CUT of lord of the rings where Gandalf just teleport the ring to Mt Doom in 5 mins. Thats retail my dude.. 100%

And thats fine...but hating something because it takes time really shows your fortnite ADD mentality.

I hope you can shake that and realize anything in life that has instant gratification is shallow and hollow in the long run. Im looking at you COCAINE!!!! HAHA
    I enjoy Vanilla because i do enjoy the sense of community and the slower pace it can provide, giving a different set of accomplishment whereas the accomplishment in Retail came from getting the coveted Cutting Edge with your raid.

Since you're hard of reading, I went ahead and helped you so you didn't have to find your glasses. You're arguing with me because I said it's about the journey for Classic which some people honestly enjoy. It's just boring to me because it should also be about the destination AS WELL AS THE JOURNEY. Also, if you're going to argue about it being the journey, why not have all the classes be able to do it then? Why restrict some of the specs to be literally unviable for completing said journey?

Shows your "fortnite ADD mentality" when you can't even sit still to read someone's full response before you spout out a half-assed response. I'm guessing you're just another LFR baby that couldn't hack it in mythic raiding so instead you want to cry about it being "instant gratification" LOL
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    That... sounds like you had the most uneventful and annoying day in history, with a small ray of light.
    It was epic because on the down time people keep talking and asking for help.
    So...in all those phrases when you see "downtime"...i was talking.