Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic Free Character Moves Coming Soon, Pandaria Timewalking, DLC #693

WoW Classic Free Character Moves Coming Soon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We are working to open our Free Character Move service for select WoW Classic realms in the coming days.

When free character moves become available from one of the most highly-populated realms, players will see the option to initialize a free character move on either the character select screen or the queue screen of the realm.

To best prepare, please note that a character cannot move if the character:

• is a guild leader.
    • has active auction listings or bids.
    • has mail.

We will post full details about the realms available and character restrictions when we open the service.

Mists of Pandaria Timewalking
    Mists of Pandaria timewalking is back! It offers rewards such as Yu'lei, Daughter of Jade. Your Adventure Guide offers A Shrouded Path Through Time which rewards a Cache of Palace Treasures.

Island Expeditions for the Week of September 3rd, 2019
    The Island Expeditions for the week are:

• Snowblossom Village with Mogu
    • Un'gol Ruins with Quilboars
    • Verdant Wilds with Druids

Dark Legacy Comics #693
    DLC #693 has been released!

Last edited by Stoy; 2019-09-03 at 07:09 PM.

This is good. It wouldn't have been so bad had people listened to the 100,000 Blue Posts warning not to follow streamers and to spread out among the 30 or so servers available...

Im not moving unless I can keep all my saved names.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    That's fine. You don't have to. You can choose between queues or moving, so do what you want.

You can check before you move. 'All' sounds unlikely though.

Wonder if DLC will move onto doing Classic comics again for awhile

Hmm, almost every PvP server in EU has queues every evening. What happens when major communities switches and just causes queues on the lower populated server? And what about those who have survived the queues to ensure that they play on a healthy server? This is still way too early to open for free character transfers. The drop-off won't be for another 1-2 weeks, so having people start moving anywhere before this happens is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    This is good. It wouldn't have been so bad had people listened to the 100,000 Blue Posts warning not to follow streamers and to spread out among the 30 or so servers available...
    Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Blizzard should have listened to the community when it raved about the limited quantity of servers provided during name reservations.
    Blizzard dropped the ball on the number of servers, it should have been double what was available during name reservations.

After classic was released, blizzard opened up new servers the following day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Blizzard should have listened to the community when it raved about the limited quantity of servers provided during name reservations.
    Blizzard dropped the ball on the number of servers, it should have been double what was available during name reservations.

After classic was released, blizzard opened up new servers the following day.
    the problem is if half of that servers end up being empty, they might as well be dead. Opening a bunch of servers won't be a good option unless they KNOW they will have a healthy playerbase on them.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

We ended up on the most populated PvP server in the EU because we followed Blizzards recommendations ..

Queues still 4 hours+ on Shazzrah from about 3pm on Weekdays, much needed these transfers. Hope this isn't just a US thing

Omg finally.
    I'll be able to leave that hell called Herod. I'm seriously looking forward to this.

open more serves or else transfer wont work at all

The warnings were useless given that people reserved names on day 1. Nobody was willing to give up their reserved name to get a slightly shorter queue.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. This is the flaw in their thinking. That would be the biggest reason not to play on a server, if I don't have my name.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The warnings were useless given that people reserved names on day 1. Nobody was willing to give up their reserved name to get a slightly shorter queue.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. This is the flaw in their thinking. That would be the biggest reason not to play on a server, if I don't have my name.
    We moved our community to the newest PvP realm that was released before EU release and it became on of the most populated ones.. We would be just as good if we didn't move..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Queues still 4 hours+ on Shazzrah from about 3pm on Weekdays, much needed these transfers. Hope this isn't just a US thing
    It used to be 28k queue.. It has gone down to being only 8k tops after 8 days. Wait another week and it will most likely be next to no queue...

If people refused to make new characters on lower pop servers on day 1 (when there was no progress to be lost), then they will most likely also refuse to switch their characters now. A free move doesn't really adress the reasons why people wanted to be in those servers to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    We moved our community to the newest PvP realm that was released before EU release and it became on of the most populated ones.. We would be just as good if we didn't move..

- - - Updated - - -

It used to be 28k queue.. It has gone down to being only 8k tops after 8 days. Wait another week and it will most likely be next to no queue...
    I wouldn't say that's true in Shazzrah's case anyway, it was 9.5k when I logged in at 3:45 GMT, and in those 8 days Blizzard have increased the server size drastically to deal with the strain, so you can't just blanketly compare the 2 like that.

I do hope some quit/transfer though as it's growing frustrating

10+ Year Old Account
    So get Teamviewer on your phone and enter the queue during potty break 3 hours before you get off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    So get Teamviewer on your phone and enter the queue during potty break 3 hours before you get off work.
    Has it been confirmed they're ok from Blizzard? Don't wanna get banned

And free characters migration in retail for dead servers when blizzard?

Has it been confirmed they're ok from Blizzard? Don't wanna get banned
    It's remote use for your computer, nothing blizzard even monitors.